Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-28-2021, 12:31 PM   #101
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

We all know people who bull#### their way through life, absolutely terrible at their job and not very bright. Usually they waste time and money, in this case the result was far worse.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 04:41 PM   #102
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
LOS ANGELES, Dec 1 (Reuters) - Alec Baldwin said he did not pull the trigger of the gun that killed a cinematographer on the movie set of "Rust," while investigators in New Mexico zeroed in on how live ammunition may have found its way to the set.

Baldwin, who was holding a gun he was told was safe when it went off, spoke in his first full interview about the Oct. 21 shooting.

"Well, the trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger," the actor told ABC television journalist George Stephanopoulos, according to an excerpt released on Wednesday of the interview, which is to be broadcast on Thursday.

"I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger at them. Never," Baldwin added.
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ale...source=twitter

Neat. I guess the bullet warped through time and curved around.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 04:49 PM   #103
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ale...source=twitter

Neat. I guess the bullet warped through time and curved around.
What's your agenda against Baldwin? Curious.

Accidental discharges can happen, especially with an old school revolver being drawn rapidly as was widely reported to be the case.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 07:28 PM   #104
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

I think celebrities who make millions but force their film crews to work in crappy conditions for crappy pay should burn for their wrongs.
Old 12-01-2021, 11:51 PM   #105
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

"I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger at them"

No you just pointed the gun it did the rest all by itself. Why did he point the gun anyone let alone someone that was not a part of any scene?
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 12:19 AM   #106
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post

No you just pointed the gun it did the rest all by itself. Why did he point the gun anyone let alone someone that was not a part of any scene?
Because to get the "camera stares down the barrel of the gun" type shots...the gun has to be pointed at the camera, which generally has multiple non actor/not in scene people around/behind it...

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 12-02-2021 at 01:27 AM.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 07:35 AM   #107
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ran across this, this morning. Written by Stephen Gutowski, founder of The Reload.

Yes, Alec Baldwins Gun Could Have Fired Without Him Pulling The Trigger

Quote:
In his first major interview since being involved in a fatal shooting on the set of his latest movie, Alec Baldwin made a surprising new claim about his actions that day. Baldwin said the gun went off without him ever actually pulling its trigger.

“Well, the trigger wasn’t pulled,” he told ABC News. “I didn’t pull the trigger.”

At first glance, this sounds far-fetched. It is exceedingly rare for a gun to fire without the trigger being depressed. Modern firearms, even replicas of antique guns, have safeties specifically designed to prevent them from firing without the trigger being pulled. It only really happens when the gun’s firing mechanism is damaged, or there is a significant design flaw. That’s why most gun owners and firearms safety trainers are highly skeptical of any claim a gun just “went off” absent user error.

In Baldwin’s case, though, the claim is at least somewhat more believable. That’s because the gun involved is more prone to firing without the trigger being pulled. And, even though it’s a modern replica of an antique design, it’s possible it did not include modern safety devices. Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza identified the gun used in the shooting as a modern Pietta replica of a single-action army revolver. Those guns can be bought either with a transfer bar that makes it impossible for the firing pin to strike the primer unless the trigger is pulled or without one. Often, enthusiasts and collectors prefer the models without modern safety devices because it’s more authentic and perfectly safe when handled properly.

A single-action revolver usually requires the hammer to be manually cocked, and the trigger be pulled for a shot to be fired. That’s why it’s referred to as a single-action: because the trigger performs just one action. It drops the hammer. In a double-action revolver, on the other hand, the trigger can c**k and release the hammer. However, a single-action revolver with the old-style firing mechanism can fire without either the hammer being cocked or the trigger being pulled. When the hammer is down on that kind of revolver, the firing pin protrudes and, if a live round is loaded in the chamber underneath, a sharp enough jolt can cause the pin to strike the round’s primer with enough force to set it off. This is why the “cowboy load” was developed. When carrying an old-style single-action revolver, it’s best practice to leave the chamber underneath the hammer unloaded. That way, a jolt can’t unintentionally set off a round.

None of that means Baldwin’s story is entirely accurate. It’s not clear if drawing a gun from a holster in this state would be enough to set it off. It still seems more plausible Baldwin pulled the trigger. But, the gun firing without the trigger being pulled is not as far-fetched as it sounds at first.Police should be able to determine what kind of firing mechanism the gun in question has and whether it could have fired in the way Baldwin described. However, even if the gun did go off without the trigger being pulled, it doesn’t negate the other negligence that contributed to the deadly shooting.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 08:05 AM   #108
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Because to get the "camera stares down the barrel of the gun" type shots...the gun has to be pointed at the camera, which generally has multiple non actor/not in scene people around/behind it...
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 10:27 AM   #109
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

There is apparently no recorded footage of the shooting, which theoretically supports an accidental discharge- ie. an actor would only ever intentionally pull the trigger if it was in fact a scene and the cameras were rolling. This is just my assumption though.

All that said, the odds of an accidental discharge on a gun that was accidentally loaded with a live round...
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:41 AM   #110
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It doesn't really change the fact that massive negligence led to someone being dead. Maybe if a gun can just go off on it's own, it shouldn't be no a film set, let alone loaded with a real bullet.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:49 AM   #111
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Is that a common thing? Weapon aimed at crew because they need to get a certain angle and shot?
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:56 AM   #112
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Is that a common thing? Weapon aimed at crew because they need to get a certain angle and shot?
The third paragraph in the quote here explains how it should be done:

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...0&postcount=95
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 12:14 PM   #113
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Seems strange.

After all this time he comes out and says, 'oh btw, I never actually pulled the trigger.'

"also, my lawyer never told me to say that."
Old 12-02-2021, 12:18 PM   #114
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I recall a mythbusters episode or some other show where they showed a lot of old fashioned revolvers and even some modern firearms with poor design where just tapping the back of the gun can cause the firing pin to fire a loaded round.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 12:19 PM   #115
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It happens all the time. Go to the 25 second mark to see a behind the scenes shot from No Time to Die:

If some idiot had put live rounds in there instead of blanks and the camera operator got shot, is Ana de Armas a murderer? No, that would fall on whomever is responsible for handling the weapons and ensuring they're safe (and the producers if there was systemic negligence).
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2022, 08:50 AM   #116
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

As expected.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1558577218762276864
Old 09-27-2022, 12:08 PM   #117
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Baldwin might be facing prosecution

https://torontosun.com/entertainment...box=1664222348

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 12:19 PM   #118
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

It pisses me off hearing Baldwin talk about all the roles he’s lost as a result of this. You killed someone, took a mother away from her daughter, a wife away from her husband…. I really don’t care how many jobs you lost as a result. Im not saying he was at fault, but complaining about losing a few jobs. Really?
Old 09-27-2022, 12:20 PM   #119
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seems like it's going to be a waste of $635k though as I don't know how much they will be able to pin on him.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 12:28 PM   #120
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have my doubts as well. Perhaps being a producer on the film increases his level of liability?