First Line Centre

Exp:

I wish they would allow name changes. <---- Raekwonthakilla
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:14 PM   #3262
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Managed to go flawless last night. Fun stuff. Couple sweaty matches, but all in all the team was able to steamroll through 5 out of 7, and only had to really dig in on 2 of the 7.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/l%20Ghostri...enshot/7383179

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:48 PM   #3263
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

<—— StrykerIsland
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:10 PM   #3264
jgotti
Farm Team Player

Exp:
Default joining clan

hey i was looking to join the puck clan. i have another buddy that is interested as running a clan with 3 guys is not worth it.

PSN: JGOTTI

PSN: BOBBY2MOODIE

Thanks
jgotti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jgotti For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2017, 08:25 PM   #3265
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgotti View Post
hey i was looking to join the puck clan. i have another buddy that is interested as running a clan with 3 guys is not worth it.

PSN: JGOTTI

PSN: BOBBY2MOODIE

Thanks
Added you both to the psn group chat and sent Bobby a clan invite. Welcome aboard.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:02 PM   #3266
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

PC download is now available.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:01 AM   #3267
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm at around 260 light finally, but am finding it a bit of a grind now.. my light is fading! lol
calumniate is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calumniate For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2017, 10:43 AM   #3268
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

260 is definitely where the grind kicks in.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:45 AM   #3269
InBurkeWeTrust
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I'm clan-less because I never played Destiny 1

Can I get an invite? PSN: Yajasil

I'm okayyyy, but i am at 263 light?
InBurkeWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:34 AM   #3270
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InBurkeWeTrust View Post
I'm clan-less because I never played Destiny 1

Can I get an invite? PSN: Yajasil

I'm okayyyy, but i am at 263 light?
Your psn ID doesn’t show in a search within the Destiny app, so I can’t invite you directly from here. You can join here:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2264523

Once you’re in, I’ll also send you a psn invite to our message group, which is where we conduct most of our clan-related business... and just screw around, lol.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:13 PM   #3271
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I never really got to play with you guys as we always had a group of 3 and I was avoiding the raid until PC release but I have sold my PS4 copy and will be playing entirely on PC come Tuesday. Good luck on PS4 and I look forward to when the content is synced.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2017, 12:19 PM   #3272
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

It’s here. Pretty excited

Old 10-23-2017, 05:55 PM   #3273
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
It’s here. Pretty excited

Is this a plastic game case for a piece of paper with a download code? What a friggin waste of materials. GG Bungie!

Also hearing that light levels after 265 effect nothing across the game except for the raid? Interesting take provided by Bungie. Heard this already from a few friends playing. Is this true?
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:00 PM   #3274
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Light (or Power Level as its now known) doesn’t have any effect aside from entry requirements into certain events. I think there’s a 30% damage penalty for each PL below the recommended level. Doesn’t take away from the fun of playing with friends whatsoever and activities are definitely tougher if you aren’t at the recommended PL.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:50 PM   #3275
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

While I do agree mostly with their sentiment in the video, I still really love the game even though there's not much to do right now

Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman57 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2017, 03:49 AM   #3276
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

I guess the question is, would you rather they go full MMO, make leveling take forever, make your character feel OP once they’ve outleveled the enemies, make exotic drops extremely rare, all to work towards being equipped enough to tackle the game’s toughest challenges.

I would prefer this.

The fact that the raid comes out 1-2 weeks after the game comes out and is being beaten on day one, makes me yearn for the days of FFXI where it was a literal grind to progress far enough to be able to tackle the game’s toughest challenges. You’d literally play for months, camp specific NMs, and do smaller activities to earn and unlock gear that would help you level up. The gear had job-changing perks, that completely changed the way you played a class. On one hand, it made you less desirable to play with if you didn’t have them (think Y1 Ghally), but on the other it made the game more fun to play once you did.

There was always a carrot to chase. And a reason to chase it.

Get rid of the weekly reset. Let us play on our own timetable. Give exotics (and raid gear) true game changing perks. Allow us to equip as many as we are able. But make them hard as nails to acquire. That doesn’t mean all random drops. It means lock them behind activities that are near impossible to beat without a group committed to it.

Connect the worlds so we can walk from one end to another. Give us interesting things to see and do along the way. Lost Sectors were a great addition. But they’re laughably easy. Why not make them longer? Harder? Make the reward worth the effort. Remove them from the map so there’s a genuine sense of exploration and discovery when you come across one.

There’s so much I’d change about this game, and yet, like you, I am enjoying it because of the camaraderie that comes from playing with friends. If it weren’t for that aspect, I’d have dropped out already.
The Following User Says Thank You to StrykerSteve For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2017, 06:23 AM   #3277
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

<—— StrykerSteve

...SuperBobaFett
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:43 AM   #3278
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
I guess the question is, would you rather they go full MMO, make leveling take forever, make your character feel OP once they’ve outleveled the enemies, make exotic drops extremely rare, all to work towards being equipped enough to tackle the game’s toughest challenges.

I would prefer this.

The fact that the raid comes out 1-2 weeks after the game comes out and is being beaten on day one, makes me yearn for the days of FFXI where it was a literal grind to progress far enough to be able to tackle the game’s toughest challenges. You’d literally play for months, camp specific NMs, and do smaller activities to earn and unlock gear that would help you level up. The gear had job-changing perks, that completely changed the way you played a class. On one hand, it made you less desirable to play with if you didn’t have them (think Y1 Ghally), but on the other it made the game more fun to play once you did.

There was always a carrot to chase. And a reason to chase it.

Get rid of the weekly reset. Let us play on our own timetable. Give exotics (and raid gear) true game changing perks. Allow us to equip as many as we are able. But make them hard as nails to acquire. That doesn’t mean all random drops. It means lock them behind activities that are near impossible to beat without a group committed to it.

Connect the worlds so we can walk from one end to another. Give us interesting things to see and do along the way. Lost Sectors were a great addition. But they’re laughably easy. Why not make them longer? Harder? Make the reward worth the effort. Remove them from the map so there’s a genuine sense of exploration and discovery when you come across one.

There’s so much I’d change about this game, and yet, like you, I am enjoying it because of the camaraderie that comes from playing with friends. If it weren’t for that aspect, I’d have dropped out already.
I haven't had much time to play destiny 2 yet, so I'm still hitting a lot of new activities, but from my experience with destiny 1, I think the problem is bungie's target market. They're aiming more at casual players who pick up the game once or twice a week. They have to compete against games like call of duty, which is pretty accessible even for very casual gamers, so they need to make sure less dedicated players aren't punished for not grinding the game for hours every day. Bungie needs to make sure those players can access 99% of the game relatively easily.
Unfortunately for anyone more dedicated to the game, it means the leveling process is a joke, and even the most "difficult" end game content is relatively easy.

This game is either going to learn that they're going to succeed by catering to the smaller, but very dedicated fan base, or continue to stagnate and lose massive chunks of their player base by trying to straddle the mushy middle. Destiny doesn't do PvP good enough to keep players coming back like CoD or battlefield, and they're really watering down their PVE to cater to the wrong audience.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mass_nerder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2017, 09:38 AM   #3279
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Its the new way of gamers. Game releases at 11 they take the week off work and no life it then complain there is nothing to do. I agree D2 could have added more in the first release but we knew all along it wasn't the complete game and DLC is the name of the D2 game.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:11 AM   #3280
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I also somewhat agree with the sentiment of the video (how can you not?), but Bungie has taken Destiny down a certain path, and it will never become the sort of hardcore grind fest or "true MMO" that some people hope and pine for. In terms of that, we've seen them veer left and right of center from time to time as they tweak the game, but at its heart this is still a console shooter with a hefty dose of juicy aim assist that will largely seek to attract a more casual audience.

The three pillars of Destiny that have continuously brought me back are: solid gunplay, the cooperative element, and the addiction that comes with a random loot grind. With Destiny 2, the former two are largely in place, and some of the latter is missing due to subtraction of elements such as random weapon rolls. I endorse that change however, as grinding endlessly for duplicate weapons with slightly different perks felt like an artificial way to generate time investment in the game. The concept of it becoming a "collection game" is ok by me, but for that to work they need to add a LOT more content to make it worthwhile.

As it stands right now, the foundation they've built for the game has some promise, but it's still incredibly bare bones. This is what has a lot of people down on the game and is the premise of the video above I guess, as it kind of seems like vanilla Destiny all over again rather than a further building-out of where the game was before D2's release.

Oh well, I'm happy to pop in to crucible and shoot at people until the game gets injected with some more content.