Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Any Canada Post Employees? Need Help

Good Evening,

I am in a bit of a pickle. I need to know if there is anything I can do. I sold an Ipod a few weeks ago to someone off Amazon Marketplace. I shipped it Xpresspost on July 22nd, and I viewed the tracking number and saw it was delivered on July 24th. So I threw away the receipt.

Now, 2 weeks later, the buyer is claiming it never arrived and I no longer have the tracking number.

I have two questions, is it possible for Canada Post to generate the tracking number by giving them the name, address, postal code AND is there anything I can do when that tracking number shows it being successfully delievered.

I guess i'm wondering, how detailed information does Canada Post have access to on past shipments? Are they able to confirm that 'this' address did in fact receive a package on July 24th?
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not really adding anything of value, but did it have signature confirmation on it?

As for what data is retained by CP; its really up to what the driver punches in. Some are quite detailed, and you'll see stuff like "LEFT AT FRONT DOOR W/ A JOE DALE" in the tracking, others just chuck it on the doorstep and drive away and mark it delivered.
So if the driver was a good one and said where he delivered it, they might have that, but if not, there's not really much else for details available.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nope, no signature, I thought that adequte insurance and tracking would of been sufficient

I recall the last tracking status just saying that it was delivered. I need just enough evidence so I'm not on the hook on amazon taking away $140 from my account.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Random thought- can you go into your internet history and see if the link to the tracking page is still there?
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #5
AR_Six
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I was sure that xpresspost required a signature? It does if the package is going to the USA (in which case it becomes, IIRC, priority mail under their system).

In any event the CP computer system is so limited you're unlikely to be able to find anyone who can help you without a number or customs info which would also have been on the form.
AR_Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #6
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do you have access to a phone? If so, try calling this number 866-607-6301. They are open from 7am to 9pm et.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #7
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
Do you have access to a phone? If so, try calling this number 866-607-6301. They are open from 7am to 9pm et.
Yea, I'm going to call.

I made the thread to see if I could get any insight since they were closed yesterday evening and I was getting impatient.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Looks like I may be screwed, just got off the phone with Customer Service

My last hope is going to the Postal Outlet I shipped it from with all the information I have and hope its in their system.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #9
Gravitykillr
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

From what I remember from my time at the post office, the receipts were printed on a separate journal so if you know the day and around the time and how much they could probably check their journals and try and pull it out.
Gravitykillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #10
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

What have you told the buyer? I wouldn't recommend lying to them, but responding with "Canada Post tracking shows it being delivered on July 24; I am following up with them" might just cover your bases a bit. It is possible they came home to find the box just sitting on their doorstep, and have decided to claim it never arrived.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitykillr View Post
From what I remember from my time at the post office, the receipts were printed on a separate journal so if you know the day and around the time and how much they could probably check their journals and try and pull it out.
I have the date, the approx time, and the exact cost of the shipping. I'm going to head over there with my fingers crossed.

I wouldn't be surprised if they saw I didn't provide a tracking number, assumed there wasn't a tracking number and is no claiming it never arrived.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #12
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did you track the number on canadapost.ca? Did you try going back to the tracking page and click "show recently tracked items"?
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #13
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
What have you told the buyer? I wouldn't recommend lying to them, but responding with "Canada Post tracking shows it being delivered on July 24; I am following up with them" might just cover your bases a bit. It is possible they came home to find the box just sitting on their doorstep, and have decided to claim it never arrived.
This is why it's worth the $1.50 for the signature when you ship something of value. Then you know for sure the item was received by the person vs what Ken is suggesting which is probably what happened.
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #14
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

I lucked out that the post office wasn't busy and a kind girl helped me retreive my tracking number. The tracking number still shows it being delivered.

I then called Canada Post to see if they could find an address that belonged to the tracking number. The tracking number did not have the full address but did have the matching postal code.

I've done my part, and I believe Amazon will stand behind me on this as a company that is known for dropping packages on door steps without tracking.

Tags
help!