Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2017, 05:02 AM   #1681
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some of that was good (any scene with Carl surprisingly), but it was mostly pretty bad and hard to follow. Characters are just randomly showing up all over the place now. There were times I thought "I look, Carol's over here now." or "Oh, we haven't seen Morgan for a bit, oh look he conveniently pops up here."

Hey Saviors...how did you get out again?

"Uh...Eugene."

Great, thanks for that explanation.

That may have been the episode that the show jumped the shark for me.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 06:18 AM   #1682
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I'm in total agreement that the show is completely disjointed now and all over the place. Hard to follow, doesn't make a ton of sense most of the time. I'm usually a pretty big defender of it, but they are losing me. I will watch to the end, but I might go back to bingeing it after it's aired.

Also, in the fight, Rick got his gun, then gets knocked out the window by Negan, proceeds to get up and run away even though Negan only had Lucille? Found that odd, pretty sure most people in that situation would have shot Negan through the window. He suddenly had the clear advantage but chose to runaway.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 06:37 AM   #1683
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post

Hey Saviors...how did you get out again?

"Uh...Eugene."

Great, thanks for that explanation.

That may have been the episode that the show jumped the shark for me.

Wasn’t Eugene’s plan to draw the walkers away talked about in length on last week’s episode?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:13 AM   #1684
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh that show was poorly done.

Confusing and disjointed.

I have watched this show from the very first episode, and yet I feel no connection to any characters.

It really has turned into Lost for me, I am only sticking around to justify the previous time I have invested in watching it.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 09:35 AM   #1685
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post

Confusing and disjointed.

I have watched this show from the very first episode, and yet I feel no connection to any characters.

It really has turned into Lost for me, I am only sticking around to justify the previous time I have invested in watching it.
It seems like they are trying to get artistic with the themes and jumping around.

This whole season seemed to want to drive home a theme of there is good and bad in everyone, and everyone is actually the same, just situations mold their reality.

However, it was so poorly done, it turned into timeline and location jumping that EVERYTHING lost all effect.

The ending last night should have been one of the most major moments in the shows history. Instead it was a meh, or worst, WTF just happened. Totally non-impactful.

The 2 prior episodes I thought it was starting to turn the corner. but that may have been the worst episode of the series, both from content and filming.
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 10:21 AM   #1686
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post

The ending last night should have been one of the most major moments in the shows history. Instead it was a meh, or worst, WTF just happened. Totally non-impactful.
100% agreed.

It really ended on a whimper over that shocking ending they were probably expecting. I was like oh..... Carl's going to bite the dust.... that sucks. That ending should have floored Walking Dead fans. This is probably the biggest death in the series and it felt like another red shirt getting killed off.

I really don't get why Carl struggled against the walkers in the first place. He's a pretty veteran fighter against walkers, so those couple should have been a cake walk for him.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:28 AM   #1687
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

The whole Carl getting bit scene made no sense.

1. This guys he just met has killed ~250 walkers over a couple years. Yet he need help and struggles in this instance because.....

2. But no fear, Carl is here, to save him/help. He has also killed hundreds of walkers and many armed people. But between the two of them they struggle to kill 3? walkers, and Carl gets bit.

3. He then hides it, acts like a badass, only to go down into the sewers and risk dieing and turning?

I get they were trying to show "A sacrifice for a stranger, as the world needs good in it" but man did they miss the mark.

A way more effective message would have been Carl getting bit saving Negan. Then Rick hates Negan even more, but Negan (who already kind of does) sees the good in everyone. Rick almost become the bad guy going forward.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 10:38 AM   #1688
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't read this thread or really know how the public see Carl, but was anyone else really happy Carl is gone? He's always been the character I've wanted to go the most.

Now, I assume he's gone of course.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:41 AM   #1689
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
I don't read this thread or really know how the public see Carl, but was anyone else really happy Carl is gone? He's always been the character I've wanted to go the most.

For me its how they ended his arc.

Also I don't get how Carl only got just a minor bite, wouldn't a walker rip him to shreds with its bite over just a slight break of skin?
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:25 AM   #1690
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post

Me too. This show used to be addictive, intense, can't miss TV, but watching it now is almost a chore. The show has gotten so ridiculous lately, it's now on the verge of becoming a spoof of itself. I'm still gonna suffer through it until the end of this season just to see how the war with the Saviors wraps up, but after that I think I'm done with this show.

As for last night's episode, I agree, it was very disjointed, confusing, and just plain uninteresting. The only scene I liked was the brief exchange between Carl and Negan, which I thought was well done. And I don't even like Carl as a character.

Last edited by direwolf; 12-11-2017 at 11:27 AM.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:18 PM   #1691
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post

Eugene for me
Old 12-11-2017, 12:20 PM   #1692
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
The whole Carl getting bit scene made no sense.

1. This guys he just met has killed ~250 walkers over a couple years. Yet he need help and struggles in this instance because.....

2. But no fear, Carl is here, to save him/help. He has also killed hundreds of walkers and many armed people. But between the two of them they struggle to kill 3? walkers, and Carl gets bit.

3. He then hides it, acts like a badass, only to go down into the sewers and risk dieing and turning?

I get they were trying to show "A sacrifice for a stranger, as the world needs good in it" but man did they miss the mark.

A way more effective message would have been Carl getting bit saving Negan. Then Rick hates Negan even more, but Negan (who already kind of does) sees the good in everyone. Rick almost become the bad guy going forward.
I watched that episode but I missed Carl being bitten in that fight. Was it clearly shown? Last night I'm thinking "How the hell did Coral get the bite mark?".
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:21 PM   #1693
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it was in the previous episode when he was helping buddy in that pathetic scramble.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:18 PM   #1694
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Carl being bitten wasn't supposed to be known, and they didn't show it happen.

It was a surprise reveal.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:19 PM   #1695
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Carl being bitten wasn't supposed to be known, and they didn't show it happen.

It was a surprise reveal.
On Talking Dead one of the Producers indicated that the bite was indeed on camera. I was surprised by that.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 01:22 PM   #1696
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Wasn’t Eugene’s plan to draw the walkers away talked about in length on last week’s episode?
His initial plan to draw them away was foiled by Dwight. Then we cut to a meeting between him and Negan where they were discussing ammo. Nothing specified.

Fast forward to this episode, Rick and the Garbage People find there is a clear path. Explanation for escape: "Eugene". Maybe they explain it later, but for now that just felt like a big FU deus ex machina to the viewers.

That was just a ridiculous episode. Carl's impending death had zero impact. His speech with Negan was the best part and had the most potential, but then they take a direct #### on it with the following disjointed crap.

This first part of the season has been frantic for the sake of frantic. The story had an odd pace, and the writing wasn't convincing in the slightest. There were some good moments, but as of right now I think they've gone to waste.

Maybe I'll change my tune when they come back in February/March, but for now I'm just disappointed.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 01:57 PM   #1697
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope they stop doing that stupid face montage crap. I actually FFWD through the sewer bit once I realized it was not a one shot thing.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 02:14 PM   #1698
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I hope they stop doing that stupid face montage crap. I actually FFWD through the sewer bit once I realized it was not a one shot thing.
I hope the entire new artsy filming motiff goes away.

It's like they hired 5 grad students and put them in charge of editing and mood!
Old 12-11-2017, 04:56 PM   #1699
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not only could Rick have easily shot Negan, he could've bashed him in the head with the barbed barrel of the bat instead of just hitting him with the knob.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:33 PM   #1700
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I see a lot of "that was disjointed" or "I'm confused". What the heck was confusing? Everything that happened led one thing to another in a totally straightforward way.

I can see criticisms with the way that episode was filmed (the Unforgiven-style lighting they were going for didn't really work, for one, and the "how did Eugene get them out exactly" thing). But not a lack of coherence.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote