Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2019, 03:18 PM   #961
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Aww, sorry to hear Looks like she was a beautiful kitty.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2019, 03:42 PM   #962
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Horrible thing to go through. Very sorry for your loss.
#22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to #22 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2019, 04:12 PM   #963
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm really sorry for your loss, what a terrible thing to have had happen so suddenly.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:23 PM   #964
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

I'm so sorry to hear that bigtmac19.

I know what you mean with feeling guilty. I struggled with that in the days after we made the call with Mojo a month ago. I kept thinking we failed him by not doing more, or by "taking the easy way out". But in reality, the likelihood of recovery was essentially zero, and it would have been awful for him to go through regardless, and likely bankrupted us. It was 100% the right decision, but it doesn't make it much easier.

Focus on how happy Ember was thanks to you, how she had a great life, and how much enjoyment you got from her companionship.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2019, 06:32 PM   #965
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Sorry for your loss bigtmac19. I remember growing up with 2 dogs and the time when we had to put them down. You wake up the next day with an empty feeling when they are not there to greet you. They're like an extension of the family and it hurts when they are gone.

Take comfort knowing that Ember knew she had the best owner in you

Last edited by Dion; 01-06-2019 at 06:35 PM.
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dion For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2019, 08:23 PM   #966
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sorry for your loss bigtmac19. It's not your fault, Remember the positive times!
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2019, 07:11 AM   #967
Suzles
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Sincerest condolences. Such a great face! 7 is so young for sure but think of all the great times you had and that she had a truly full life. Take care of yourself too,
Suzles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Suzles For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2019, 12:37 PM   #968
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well bigtmack at least you gave a black cat a good home. It's unfortunate that a lot of people pass over black cats.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2019, 06:14 PM   #969
Jiggy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Bigtmac, I had to put my dog down which I had for 12 years for some of the same reasons back in October. I had the same feelings of guilt and sadness. But after thinking about it clearly and hearing from family and friends I know I made the right decision. It takes time but you will realize what you did was the best for your cat. Allow yourself to grieve, and do it at your own pace.

Last edited by Jiggy; 01-09-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Jiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiggy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 07:47 PM   #970
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

I find I’ve deleted a lot of pictures of my cats in the past unfortunately. My son sent me this one that he had taken of Ember. She loved hanging over the railing like this to look out the window.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2019, 08:23 PM   #971
NinePack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Well my I have made an appointment for the vet to come to my place and put my dog to sleep. We have about a week together. Boy this is the hardest thing ive had to do in my life to this point. Cancer is a ####er. Im trying to keep together but its been tough. This thread always made me tear a bit. I hope all have been able to come to grips with it. Take care . Gonna be a hard week and beyond. She has treated me so well as i have treated her very well. Just have a mutual relationship. Team Awesome. Every camping trip, road trip, came to work, living on the farm keeping a tight ship. Never had a fence and always on the door step. Never needed to call her name when im leaving or even taking a piss always a stone throw away always has her eye on me. Pretty much like all people and other dogs. Riding shotgun buddy!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by NinePack; 03-22-2019 at 09:47 PM.
NinePack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:30 PM   #972
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am glad this thread exists so we can share our grief about our losses of a family member and at the same time when it gets bumped I despise it.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2019, 09:47 PM   #973
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Well I hate the fact I have to bump this thread, but we had to say goodbye to our beautiful girl today. Collette was a rescue from Little Mutts Rescue, she was rescued out of a puppy mill in Georgia. We got her in 2009 and she was between 2 and 5 and had had at least 1 litter of puppies (likely more). When we got her she was under weight, and scared of her own shadow. It only took her a week to come out of her shell and she became the most chill and loving dog, and when our kids came along she loved nothing more than to watch over them. It was a tough last year, her hearing had gone completely and her vision was just shadows, and her playful nature almost completely disappeared. We had a great last day together, the kids took her for a nice walk, followed by a nice warm bath and cuddles... then today she got a burger to herself before her final journey. Possibly the toughest thing I've every had to do is hold her today. Sorry for rambling...
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:32 PM   #974
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by underGRADFlame View Post
Well I hate the fact I have to bump this thread, but we had to say goodbye to our beautiful girl today. Collette was a rescue from Little Mutts Rescue, she was rescued out of a puppy mill in Georgia. We got her in 2009 and she was between 2 and 5 and had had at least 1 litter of puppies (likely more). When we got her she was under weight, and scared of her own shadow. It only took her a week to come out of her shell and she became the most chill and loving dog, and when our kids came along she loved nothing more than to watch over them. It was a tough last year, her hearing had gone completely and her vision was just shadows, and her playful nature almost completely disappeared. We had a great last day together, the kids took her for a nice walk, followed by a nice warm bath and cuddles... then today she got a burger to herself before her final journey. Possibly the toughest thing I've every had to do is hold her today. Sorry for rambling...
Sorry pal
Zulu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:47 PM   #975
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m so sorry for your loss. What a dear little face.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:51 PM   #976
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Man...sorry to hear. She sounded like the perfect little bud.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:53 PM   #977
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

NinePack I’m very sorry to hear this news. Sincere condolences I know how hard it will be.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:11 PM   #978
Suzles
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So very sorry for your losses. Spent the weekend with my aging grand-dog. Trying to make every moment a memory.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
Suzles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Suzles For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2019, 10:55 PM   #979
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

A couple of heart breaking losses for CP members.

Take the good memories with you as you move on. Sorry for your loss.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:38 PM   #980
NinePack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Well, last time i posted i had an appointment set but we backed off as she started to get a little better. Well since then we went swimming lots and more hikes and walks. But she started not eating or getting up to go for a walk. Had a couple of yelps when she opened her mouth. We took her to the vet one week ago and had her put down in the back of my truck, i was right beside her all the whole time. all the way home. We put her in a blanket and into the hole at home. It was a rough 3 days for me , no eating , no sleeping, some booze. Ive finally put my self together and feel really good now. Hardest thing ive ever done. But its alright now. Good bye my friend. House and truck is feels so empty and quiet. soo many pictures LOL . She did end up going an extra 7 months with this extremely aggressive cancer. So thankful for that as we packed alot in that time and will always cherish that. Well we packed alot in the her lifetime actually.

Last edited by NinePack; 07-21-2019 at 07:48 PM.
NinePack is offline   Reply With Quote