Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 12:54 PM   #41
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
The recent history between the clubs is embedded in HD's write up on the first page. Split the season meetings last year. Each won in their own building.
And calgary completely dominated the game they lost. Like Globetrotters and Generals except the Globetrotters kept rimming out and the generals made a couple half court shots
Old 12-10-2015, 01:03 PM   #42
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Scored some tickets to the game tonight. Hoping for an Eichel hat Trick
Old 12-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #43
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone290 View Post
Damn it, I don't have SN360
Order it and it'll be on your TV in less than 10 minutes. And then cancel it once hockey season is done.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #44
genetic_phreek
First Line Centre

Exp:

I wonder if Johnny is still buddies with Girgensons. IIRC they were linemates for one year.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:19 PM   #45
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay, who listened to the Fan this morning? Why are Boomer and Ryan Lambert having a Twitter feud today?

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:23 PM   #46
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
Okay, who listened to the Fan this morning? Why are Boomer and Ryan Lambert having a Twitter feud today?
I didn't hear it, but it's probably because Lambert is an idiot.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:33 PM   #47
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
I did but after 9 and who was it who called Monahan and Giordano two of the best defenceman in the last 3 years and then said something about Derek Wideman?
Old 12-10-2015, 01:34 PM   #48
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lambert is a real jerk on Twitter.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:42 PM   #49
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Lambert is a real jerk on Twitter.
Lambert is no good thread? The guy is a moron.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:55 PM   #50
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Ferland has been living off last spring's playoffs but last year is over and he's just not that great of a hockey player right now. As an NHLer he's at best a rotational player like Jooris. He does deliver the odd check but his play is a mixed bag as sometimes he makes a crafty play but at others he's turning over the puck. I wouldn't say he's terrible but I also wouldn't say he's been good enough to maintain a steady roster spot in the starting lineup. I'm sure he will be back in the lineup soon but he's a guy that needs to be pushed and Hartley is sending him a message here that he needs to be better.
I agree with this. I really want Ferland to do well, and really want him to cement a job on the team, though I'm never sure whether he is a guy to supply muscle on the top 6 or just a grinding winger. But I can't say he's been good this year, and last game, out of all the forwards (and maybe all the players), he may have had the least impact, aside from the odd check.

Bollig has to play sometime and he's not exactly a match to replace Raymond or Granlund, who would be next guys coming out (if they are to be replaced its more likely by Jooris, who can match speed and hands better). Beside, both of those guys had pretty good games in the couple last outings. Granlund scored last game and Raymond was a significant part of Backlund's goal (albeit without an assist).
Old 12-10-2015, 02:09 PM   #51
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well I do agree that he hasn't been "lights out" this year but he has certainly been WAYY better than Bollig. I don't mind a 1 game scratch but that's about it. Bollig has been beyond useless.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:13 PM   #52
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
Lambert is no good thread? The guy is a moron.
Musn't give him any exposure. He's not even worth a thread to bash him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2015, 02:22 PM   #53
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

People who expect that playoff series intensity from Ferland game in and out are suffering from skewed expectations.

He does bring size and physicality every game and it's an element we sorely lack. Additionally, he has some good hands and hockey sense for that is an asset to the bottom six.

I think he's been just fine this year and will continue to get better.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:33 PM   #54
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Disagree. He's a non-factor. A hit or two is really all he has been able to contribute.

Not enough if he wants to keep his spot on the team. Rather see someone like Agostino or even Freddie Hamilton get a shot.

(wow just looked at the Heats stats. Poirier has really fallen off a cliff)
The Following User Says Thank You to polak For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2015, 02:42 PM   #55
Fan in Exile
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
People who expect that playoff series intensity from Ferland game in and out are suffering from skewed expectations.

He does bring size and physicality every game and it's an element we sorely lack. Additionally, he has some good hands and hockey sense for that is an asset to the bottom six.

I think he's been just fine this year and will continue to get better.
I agree he can't sustain the kind of energy he played with against Vancouver in the playoffs, and he gets injured trying to play that way. But that's the reason people got excited about him and that he has been tried up the line-up. It's fair to say he has not had a significant impact this year. You can argue about whether Jooris or Raymond or Bollig have more to offer but I don't think it's hard to understand why he's sitting a game.

Given what he's shown so far, I think he should be playing limited minutes on the 4th line so that he can play like a wrecking ball. He'll have more impact that way. No reason based on a fairly large sample size now to play him on the top two lines especially until he shows he can contribute on a more consistent basis.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fan in Exile For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2015, 02:44 PM   #56
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

Just stash him until the playoffs and then

The Following User Says Thank You to heep223 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2015, 03:01 PM   #57
DJones
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ferland over Jooris, Bollig, and Raymond 100% of the time.

None of those three seem to be better at any aspect of hockey than him. Raymond having a decent last game doesn't redeem him at all for me.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:05 PM   #58
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan in Exile View Post
I agree he can't sustain the kind of energy he played with against Vancouver in the playoffs, and he gets injured trying to play that way. But that's the reason people got excited about him and that he has been tried up the line-up. It's fair to say he has not had a significant impact this year. You can argue about whether Jooris or Raymond or Bollig have more to offer but I don't think it's hard to understand why he's sitting a game.

Given what he's shown so far, I think he should be playing limited minutes on the 4th line so that he can play like a wrecking ball. He'll have more impact that way. No reason based on a fairly large sample size now to play him on the top two lines especially until he shows he can contribute on a more consistent basis.
Still think you're expecting too much. The entire team stunk up until a couple weeks ago. No surprise whatsoever he didn't put up any points during that time given who he was playing with.

He's pretty much the only physical presence we have. Anyone who thinks (not saying you) he's going to sit in place of someone else in the bottom six is mistaken.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:09 PM   #59
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJones View Post
Ferland over Jooris, Bollig, and Raymond 100% of the time.

None of those three seem to be better at any aspect of hockey than him. Raymond having a decent last game doesn't redeem him at all for me.
Any?

Well, Jooris and Raymond are both faster and historically better at scoring. Not to say Ferland won't become better at scoring but so far it hasn't happened (and this year he just doesn't get many scoring chances).

Jooris is also better at PK and can be slotted in for a faceoff if necessary. Raymond is a high boards guy on the PP (I know people don't like him on the PP but Ferland wouldn't be the replacement at that spot anyway). If Ferland would ever be inserted onto a powerplay unit, he'd be a down low/net front guy and go instead of Jones, Bennett or Colborne. I don't see him over any of those three guys at the moment (or Bennett ever).

ETA: I also suspect he's not as good at defensive positioning, which is just an experience matter.

Last edited by GioforPM; 12-10-2015 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:10 PM   #60
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
Still think you're expecting too much. The entire team stunk up until a couple weeks ago. No surprise whatsoever he didn't put up any points during that time given who he was playing with.

He's pretty much the only physical presence we have. Anyone who thinks (not saying you) he's going to sit in place of someone else in the bottom six is mistaken.
Objectively, this is just incorrect. He is going to sit, and has sat, in place of bottom sixers already.
Closed Thread

Tags
gtd , winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin