Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2024, 10:03 AM   #3901
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I assume you’re able to exceed the amount on the Costco gift card, for example spending $150 with a $100 card?
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 10:22 AM   #3902
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I assume you’re able to exceed the amount on the Costco gift card, for example spending $150 with a $100 card?
Nope. Straight to jail.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2024, 10:40 AM   #3903
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Yes and Costco accepts cash, debit cards and only Mastercard credit cards.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2024, 11:11 AM   #3904
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
I'm honestly worried about you, dude. I mean that with no disrespect at all. You doing the regular check ups and such at the doctor? Not misplacing your keys? Getting lost going home? Forgetting your wallet? Telling the same stories to people? Forgetting names?

I know you're slightly older than average here, but most of us are getting up there and aren't far behind. I'm just a forum dude, but I feel like I'm noticing changes in your posting.

Hope all is well.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 11:14 AM   #3905
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I'm honestly worried about you, dude. I mean that with no disrespect at all. You doing the regular check ups and such at the doctor? Not misplacing your keys? Getting lost going home? Forgetting your wallet? Telling the same stories to people? Forgetting names?

I know you're slightly older than average here, but most of us are getting up there and aren't far behind. I'm just a forum dude, but I feel like I'm noticing changes in your posting.

Hope all is well.
Oh. I read it differently.

I thought he was asking because if you can shop at Costco as a non-member because of a gift card, but are allowed to exceed the value of that gift card, that seems like a circumvention loophole to membership.

If Membership was a non-issue then it would work like any other Gift Card right? You purchase your goods, you apply your Gift Card value and then pay the outstanding difference.

But Costco requires membership, so its a bit different.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2024, 11:16 AM   #3906
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Oh. I read it differently.

I thought he was asking because if you can shop at Costco as a non-member because of a gift card, but are allowed to exceed the value of that gift card, that seems like a circumvention loophole to membership.

If Membership was a non-issue then it would work like any other Gift Card right? You purchase your goods, you apply your Gift Card value and then pay the outstanding difference.

But Costco requires membership, so its a bit different.
Ahh, fair enough. If so, apologies, MoneyGuy.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 01:20 PM   #3907
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Had a job interview a few weeks ago and of course the old "what's your weakness, area to improve" question comes out.

I said "this! Interviewing, I tend to be a bad interview". Didn't get the job. Although I said that to get my current job.

Interviewing is quite possibly the stupidest way to judge for most jobs.

Hey, we are looking for a really good engineer, and to best determine how good an engineer you are, we need to see how you good you are at being an actor where the plot of the movie is bragging about yourself.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2024, 01:37 PM   #3908
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
Had a job interview a few weeks ago and of course the old "what's your weakness, area to improve" question comes out.

I said "this! Interviewing, I tend to be a bad interview". Didn't get the job. Although I said that to get my current job.

Interviewing is quite possibly the stupidest way to judge for most jobs.

Hey, we are looking for a really good engineer, and to best determine how good an engineer you are, we need to see how you good you are at being an actor where the plot of the movie is bragging about yourself.
When I hire people it goes it in this order

1. Do they appear qualified from their resume ( this narrows things down), assuming their technical skills are similar

2. How strong is the recommendation from their reference ( some reading between the lines required)

3. How well do they answer the question "tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict in a professional setting" I really press them on this one and make them be as specific as possible. What strategies did you employ, what would you have changed?
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 01:52 PM   #3909
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I feel like the ratchet is super underrated. Awesome in so many ways, doesn't have the same flaws as some of its brethren... but because the last name ain't "wrench", ratchet doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Ratchet was awesome. He and Wheeljack made a great team!
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ped For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2024, 02:24 PM   #3910
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Ninja View Post
Man just noticed I'm coming up on twenty years on this board. I was 15 when I registered.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 04:48 PM   #3911
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post
Yes and Costco accepts cash, debit cards and only Mastercard credit cards.
I've used my rebate cheque that they send me with my membership which was like $260...bought 120 of stuff got cash, than went to the liquor store there. Who says you can't use that rebate on liquor.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2024, 04:54 PM   #3912
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Man just noticed I'm coming up on twenty years on this board. I was 15 when I registered.
I just checked the original username I signed up with (I never used it and switched to this one for some reason) and I registered it 20 years ago on Saturday. I was a little older than 15 though.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 08:45 PM   #3913
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just watched the video below which was taken in Calgary. Has anyone tried the short rib pho at Pure Street Noodle before? Looks delicious!

activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 08:50 PM   #3914
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I've used my rebate cheque that they send me with my membership which was like $260...bought 120 of stuff got cash, than went to the liquor store there. Who says you can't use that rebate on liquor.
Yeah you can buy their cheapest item and get cash back and then use that cash for whatever you want.

I got mine recently and asked for it to be a gift card back as it feels nice shopping for free the next time.

Edit: I think I just explained that cash can be used for whatever you want like that needed explaining.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 09:02 PM   #3915
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Yeah you can buy their cheapest item and get cash back and then use that cash for whatever you want.

I got mine recently and asked for it to be a gift card back as it feels nice shopping for free the next time.

Edit: I think I just explained that cash can be used for whatever you want like that needed explaining.

I might be missing something… you go to Costco with their rebate cheque and then use it to buy a Costco gift card so that it feels like you’re shopping for free?

Why not just use the rebate cheque to pay for your stuff?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 09:27 PM   #3916
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Well, that deserves a hearty HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titan2 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2024, 09:29 PM   #3917
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I might be missing something… you go to Costco with their rebate cheque and then use it to buy a Costco gift card so that it feels like you’re shopping for free?

OR, and a big or here, join the current times, deposit the cheque via your phone and then pay however you usually pay?

Alternatively, and this is popular in our house, let it marinate in a stack of unopened mail, then marinate in a stack of opened but not actioned stuff, then try to deposit it two years later. That is our go to.
Old 04-25-2024, 09:44 PM   #3918
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2 View Post
OR, and a big or here, join the current times, deposit the cheque via your phone and then pay however you usually pay?

Alternatively, and this is popular in our house, let it marinate in a stack of unopened mail, then marinate in a stack of opened but not actioned stuff, then try to deposit it two years later. That is our go to.

Umm.

They’re not a real cheque. They’re only usable at Costco by the primary account holder. Do you think people are using Costco to cash actual cheques?

Cheque.

Mate.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 09:56 PM   #3919
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Umm.

They’re not a real cheque. They’re only usable at Costco by the primary account holder. Do you think people are using Costco to cash actual cheques?

Cheque.

Mate.
The costco executive rebates used to be an actual cheque that you could deposit into your bank account. Up until maybe a couple of years ago? So if he's a few years behind on his mail maybe the last one he dealt with was a real cheque. Now they're "coupons".
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 10:03 PM   #3920
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

I do, I mean what's left after using the rebate cheque if you have a balance they give it to you in cash or you can opt for a costco gift card for the remaining balance.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote