Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2018, 09:16 AM   #821
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Was Gale cooking meth in the lab already when Gus walked in? Is that why he was so eager?
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #822
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

If it wasn’t because she rewrote the letter then I think Kim broke down because she thought the letter would be awful and after ripping on Howard about it probably felt terrible when it turned out it wasn’t the letter that was awful, it was jimmy’s indifferent cold response to it that was awful.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:29 AM   #823
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Was Gale cooking meth in the lab already when Gus walked in? Is that why he was so eager?
It didn't appear that way to me. I think he just has that same perfectionist mind and appreciation of chemistry that Walt does, except with the volume dialed to 11.

He sees the impurities in the tests he did for Gus, and it drives him insane.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:33 AM   #824
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Whose meth do you think it was? Was it the local supplier that the mexican guy told Gus to use? Is it possible that it is Jesse?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:35 AM   #825
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Whose meth do you think it was? Was it the local supplier that the mexican guy told Gus to use? Is it possible that it is Jesse?
I didn't hear any mention of chili powder, so probably not Jesse's. You would think if the showrunners are going full Easter egg they would mention that.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #826
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Jesse was too small potatoes to have been of any interest to Gus before he started working with Walt.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:41 AM   #827
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
I don’t see how it could be Kim. I figured it was handwritten given Chuck’s aversion to tech. No way she could forge his writing and signature.

Great episode. Was the thief that worked with Jimmy in B.B.? I recognize him but not sure from what.

Yes!
The thief that worked with Jimmy is the guy that runs the exterminator company in S5 of Breaking Bad! I knew I recognized him.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2018, 10:42 AM   #828
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yes!
The thief that worked with Jimmy is the guy that runs the exterminator company in S5 of Breaking Bad! I knew I recognized him.
thank you! Thought he looked familiar but couldn't put my finger on it.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:54 AM   #829
Boo Radley
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Gale mentioned he was working with benzodiazepine precursors. (Just in case: Benzodiazepines are a class of drugs, valium for instance).

When explaining to Gus, Gale compared his current experiment to preparing a saturated solution of salt for recrystallization. This is a convenient way to purify a chemical especially on a larger scale. He is likely developing a method to purify the intermediates by recrystallization that will allow him to scale up the synthesis of a drug (or designer drug) while achieving high purity.

At the end of his conversation with Gus, Gale mentions that "this is his work". His area of research might be in drug design and this would be a perfect cover.
If I remember from Breaking Bad, Gus helped Gale with his education so that might also be a reason Gale wants to return the favor.

Max Ehrmann
Boo Radley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boo Radley For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2018, 10:55 AM   #830
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
If it wasn’t because she rewrote the letter then I think Kim broke down because she thought the letter would be awful and after ripping on Howard about it probably felt terrible when it turned out it wasn’t the letter that was awful, it was jimmy’s indifferent cold response to it that was awful.
I think this is it. Kim's reaction, again, is that she sees, more and more, that Jimmy is soulless. There's so many layers there - he's impenetrable now (where Howard is going in the opposite direction, though we saw none of him tonight). She doesn't hold it against him as though it's his doing, I think more, she sees that he's a product of circumstances and other people in his life (Chuck, Howard). Kim may get out alive by the end of BCS but she will be severely damaged goods (ala Jesse). It will be Jimmy that ruins her. That would be consistent with how Vince Giliigan's twisted (and creative) mind works.

Nacho Varga is also dead man walking. When it suits Fring, he will be toast (hopefully not like Victor).

Kim's disconnect in the Models scene: Not sure what they were portraying there but I'll take a stab. It foreshadows what might have been for Kim in the future. Lead lawyer for this massive, successful banking operation that she helped grow from nothing, but it won't come to be. Might even be that the model she was hovering over at the end of the scene will be the location of, or subject of, a pivotal event later.

Last edited by PostandIn; 08-22-2018 at 12:59 PM. Reason: spelling
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PostandIn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2018, 11:04 AM   #831
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
I think this is it. Kim's reaction, again, is that she sees, more and more, that Jimmy is soulless. There's so many layers there - he's impenetrable now (where Howard is going in the opposite direction, though we saw none of him tonight). She doesn't hold it against him as though it's his doing, I think more, she sees that he's a product of circumstances and other people in his life (Chuck, Howard). Kim may get out alive by the end of BCS but she will be severely damaged goods (ala Jesse). It will be Jimmy that ruins her. That would be consistent with how Vince Giliigan's twisted (and creative) mind works.

Nacho Varga is also dead man walking. When it suits Fring, he will be toast (hopefully not like Victor).

Kim's disconnect in the Models scene: Not sure what they were portraying there but I'll take a stab. It foreshadows what might have been for Kim in the future. Lead Lawyer for this massive, successful banking operation that she helped grow from nothing, but it won't come to be. Might even be that the model she was hovering over at the end of the scene will be the location of, or subject or, a pivotal event later.

Yup. I totally see Jimmy's turn to Saul and Kim getting caught in the crossfire being a big reason she ends up screwing up the Mesa Verde account and ruining her career. I definitely think her spacing out while looking at the models was her feeling overwhelmed again. I also think she's still feeling the guilt of how she got the account in the first place, knowing that it was Jimmy screwing over Chuck with the doctored documents. I think she's thinking about how well this would have gone if she was lead counsel but had the support of HHM behind her and how good a job Chuck would have done helping. She knows she's treading water and eventually will get overwhelmed again.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:21 PM   #832
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Really interesting discussion in this thread.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:53 PM   #833
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post

Probably, but for some reason I think he might end up being the Jesse of this series. By that I mean he’ll get out of his situation somehow.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:48 PM   #834
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If it's true that the Ignacio that Saul mentions in the desert scene of breaking bad is the same ignacio that is 'nacho' in the saul series, it would lend credibility that perhaps nacho was still alive, that he had successfully escaped the cartel.

It could also mean nothing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2018, 04:49 PM   #835
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Gale mentioned he was working with benzodiazepine precursors. (Just in case: Benzodiazepines are a class of drugs, valium for instance).

When explaining to Gus, Gale compared his current experiment to preparing a saturated solution of salt for recrystallization. This is a convenient way to purify a chemical especially on a larger scale. He is likely developing a method to purify the intermediates by recrystallization that will allow him to scale up the synthesis of a drug (or designer drug) while achieving high purity.

At the end of his conversation with Gus, Gale mentions that "this is his work". His area of research might be in drug design and this would be a perfect cover.
If I remember from Breaking Bad, Gus helped Gale with his education so that might also be a reason Gale wants to return the favor.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2018, 07:20 PM   #836
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post

Nerd!
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2018, 07:21 PM   #837
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

And to echo others here, Kim's performance during the letter reading was fantastic.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2018, 08:47 PM   #838
Boo Radley
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Nerd!
Card (and degree) carrying.

Max Ehrmann
Boo Radley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boo Radley For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2018, 12:54 PM   #839
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it me or is anyone kind of finding Saul's character moving into unlikeable territory? I get that he's a flawed character but he seems to be losing that sliver of charm that redeemed him. By contrast Mike is downright likeable in comparison.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:28 PM   #840
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

No I still like him. He’s done nothing wrong yet, all things considered.

Tags
breaking bad , saul goodman