Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-11-2020, 09:55 PM   #1001
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum PEI View Post
No parade shootings this year, team horseshoes' luck finally ran out.
Go away. Go back to being a racist Dbag in other threads.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 09:56 PM   #1002
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
The first round should really be a sweep.

After that, though, any of the teams they could play in Rd2 will pose a serious challenge, especially the Celtics.
Welp... I did call it. Wish I'd been wrong.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:00 PM   #1003
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Boy you post some ignorant and insensitive stuff
You look at his posting history. He has the intelligence of an ice cube. I think his wife cheated on him with the city of Toronto because he seems to have a hate for anything from there.

On a sidenote, Siakam has the worst handles I've even seen. He dribbles the ball so high and wildly. Loss is on him with all his horrible drives and then either losing it or wildly toss it into a group of Celtics.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:02 PM   #1004
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a huge letdown. The Celtics served it out on a plate for them with Theis on the bench with 5 fouls with 10 mins to go in the 4th.

Why the hell did Nurse not put in Ibaka?? or even Gasol?? pathetic.

Siakim... there is no goodwill left.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:02 PM   #1005
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
You called the Celtics-Raptors series would be tight and the Celtics would be a serious challenge? Congrats? Did anyone not call this?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to savemedrzaius For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2020, 10:02 PM   #1006
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Not exactly a bold prediction like Duke over UNLV in the final.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:06 PM   #1007
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
What a huge letdown. The Celtics served it out on a plate for them with Theis on the bench with 5 fouls with 10 mins to go in the 4th.

Why the hell did Nurse not put in Ibaka?? or even Gasol?? pathetic.

Siakim... there is no goodwill left.
I have a ton of goodwill for Siakam. His progression year to year has been massive. It was too early for him to have to take over the role of the star player, but he’ll come back and be a high level player in the league for many years. He’d probably do best as a number 2 option on a team, but it’s not his fault that he is put in as the number 1.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2020, 10:06 PM   #1008
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

We might have won if Norm didn't play hero ball going 1 on 4 when we were down by 2 after 5 straight stops.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:06 PM   #1009
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Raptors really beat themselves tonight. There were a few forced turnovers but for the most part they just gave the ball away on too many mistakes and killed themselves. Overall, I think they might have been marginally better than Boston and should have won but they let Boston win. You could see that Lowry wanted to win but the support wasn't there. Serge probably should have had more minutes tonight, at least he cares as well and would have played hard.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:08 PM   #1010
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
I have a ton of goodwill for Siakam. His progression year to year has been massive. It was too early for him to have to take over the role of the star player, but he’ll come back and be a high level player in the league for many years. He’d probably do best as a number 2 option on a team, but it’s not his fault that he is put in as the number 1.
I guess, but then you have to blame Nurse for leaving him out there. He just did not have it this entire series and there was no way he was getting it back in Game 7.

Too bad. I think we would have beat the Heat or the Bucks easily. But Kawhi or Lebrontosaurus would have swept us in 4 in the final.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:08 PM   #1011
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Forgive my lack of NBA knowledge.

I remember hearing that Kawhi would have stayed if the Raps traded for Paul George but that they refused because Siakam would have had to be traded away to make it work. In hindsight that would be the move to make. Am I remembering that wrong?
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:09 PM   #1012
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
Forgive my lack of NBA knowledge.

I remember hearing that Kawhi would have stayed if the Raps traded for Paul George but that they refused because Siakam would have had to be traded away to make it work. In hindsight that would be the move to make. Am I remembering that wrong?
Yeah that was the cover story. Even if we got George and Kobe or Jordan, Leonard was heading home.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:15 PM   #1013
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Frankly I would have liked to see Matt Thomas get more time. He looked great there at the beginning of the game and the Raps erased that early 12 point lead of the Celts.

In the end I'm most disappointed with Siakam. His rythym was horrible all series so stop trying to force it.

Also disappointed with Fred on that last possession. With no Lowry the Celts didn't want Fred shooting. He has to move the ball there and not try to dribble it out while the shot clock is under 10 seconds.

And finally I watched the game on the TNT feed and it was infuriating. VanGundy is such an idiot.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:28 PM   #1014
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I blame the entire team on the Fred shot. There were no options to pass to and he made little effort to find teammates - he wanted the shot the entire time. Siakam was an absolute nightmare the full series. Nurse had to be loyal to him but when you're that bad, and in a game 7, you're not doing him or anyone a service by keeping him in after the half time. So much of this loss was on Nurse, and that gets on my nerves saying that because there was 0 creativity, or responsible use of the lineup. I as a bystander could've done an equal job that game.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:53 PM   #1015
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
We might have won if Norm didn't play hero ball going 1 on 4 when we were down by 2 after 5 straight stops.
He was fouled pretty blatantly. And if they call that foul, he is on the line to tie the game. But they didn't and it goes the other way to make it a 4 pt game again
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:54 PM   #1016
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

Awesome result! One less Toronto team to hear about and have shoved down our throats. Hopefully the Blue Jays follow suit and fade away as well. That city can pound sand. I’ll never cheer for any team from that city and no just because they have Canada’s only basketball team doesn’t make them Canada’s team. It’s Toronto’s team and that arrogant city deserves misery.
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:55 PM   #1017
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

hot take
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2020, 11:14 PM   #1018
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also just want to point out with Siakam, he only started playing like crap after the rumors of Giannis wanting to Toronto or Miami came out. Maybe knowing his position in all that, it affected him. He's generally been a really good fit, so this play has been hard to fathom from him. I'm pulling at different strings, but all them point to him not being mentally there.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 11:34 PM   #1019
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

I don't think the block on Powell was a foul. It was all ball at first he only got hand after which is fine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to savemedrzaius For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2020, 11:37 PM   #1020
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Familia View Post
Awesome result! One less Toronto team to hear about and have shoved down our throats. Hopefully the Blue Jays follow suit and fade away as well. That city can pound sand. I’ll never cheer for any team from that city and no just because they have Canada’s only basketball team doesn’t make them Canada’s team. It’s Toronto’s team and that arrogant city deserves misery.
Well, coming into a Toronto Raptors thread is akin to grabbing it and willfully forcing it into your mouth and down your throat yourself.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:

Tags
drake curse lifted , rtz , we the defending champs