Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum

Notices

Old 04-26-2021, 02:02 PM   #2021
cgy-sk-import
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Every time there has been new restrictions, it seems like we've had reliable rumours of them coming in the hours and days beforehand. Haven't heard much lately, so I would bet on a little "dog sitting in a burning house" meme with a mix of "Something is Trudeau's fault!" mixed in.

But we'll see.
Yeah, doesn't sound like the Emergency Cabinet Committee or whatever they are called met for very long.

Hinshaw: We need more restrictions.

Kenney: I just booked my Stampede hotel! Shandro can you set up a presser about whatever Deena was saying.

Shandro: Done. Notes... "Stampede, a go!" "Deena - uhh... I can't remember so I'll just say nope she didn't recommend anything new"
cgy-sk-import is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:09 PM   #2022
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio View Post
The Premier and Health Minister are speaking today @ 3:30.
So they will roll in at 4:30-5.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:15 PM   #2023
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Every time there has been new restrictions, it seems like we've had reliable rumours of them coming in the hours and days beforehand. Haven't heard much lately, so I would bet on a little "dog sitting in a burning house" meme with a mix of "Something is Trudeau's fault!" mixed in.

But we'll see.
RT down to 1.04 per Imgrund so we are leveling out. Itís really tight if we need new restrictions to avoid overwhelming hospitals.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:23 PM   #2024
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
I will re post something I had posted in another thread on masks with some links for well priced stock.

I think on a go forward basis it's important for government, companies and even local citizens to try and support domestic production of PPE as much as possible. One of the reasons why we all got into this PPE shortage mess was a result of the off-shore nature of all the production movement.

When Canadian business make an investment to make PPE and other medical grade products like sanitizer, we can all do some good and support so that we can continue having them around for the future.

Several companies have made investments during COVID and I was able to find a few that sell online.

https://shop.vitacore.ca/collections...roducts/can95e

https://www.innolifecare.com/

There may be some other companies as well but when we are talking about a unit price of $.68 in some cases, it's about as low as we can get and still keep Canadians employed and reward companies who stepped up during the crisis.

I recall seeing a special on America's PPE crisis, Texas used to be the global hub for mask production. No matter what companies did cost wise, the medical purchase managers and even government's wouldn't support them. Everything went to China and after that, when the crisis hit, China was one of the only suppliers and in a lot of cases was selling us garbage knockoff products
Not enough people will ever go back to paying the prices it costs to support local manufacturing. I've been in manufacturing here for 15 years. I keep moving more stuff to China not because I want to, but because 0.01% of people will pay Canadian prices for Canadian made if there is a cheaper overseas alternative. It's actually mind boggling how little having a Canadian-made product will sway people.

I even used to build my products out of raw materials made in Canada. I stupidly thought it was a selling feature about five years longer than I should have. People do not give one single fata when it comes to putting their money down. If it's cheaper they'll buy it. Supporting local is for somebody else to do.

I commend people who buy local. I try as much as I can, but if I look around my office and my house, there really isn't that much made here in Canada to the point where it's almost embarrassing. You'd think a guy in Canadian manufacturing would be better. Hard for me to get upset with people who won't pay a premium for Canadian if I don't always, either. Now I just embrace it - Oh you want this for cheap? I'll call China.

Also, never tell a company, "I'd like to buy local, but I can get it cheaper online. Can you get your prices down to X?" Or if you do, just know they want to kick you in your fataing teeth because that's the dumbest thing a person can say. You think I can get my prices down to a Chinese factory while paying Calgary labour rates, Calgary rent, and health and dental for my staff? GTFO.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:26 PM   #2025
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Not enough people will ever go back to paying the prices it costs to support local manufacturing. I've been in manufacturing here for 15 years. I keep moving more stuff to China not because I want to, but because 0.01% of people will pay Canadian prices for Canadian made if there is a cheaper overseas alternative. It's actually mind boggling how little having a Canadian-made product will sway people.

I even used to build my products out of raw materials made in Canada. I stupidly thought it was a selling feature about five years longer than I should have. People do not give one single fata when it comes to putting their money down. If it's cheaper they'll buy it. Supporting local is for somebody else to do.

I commend people who buy local. I try as much as I can, but if I look around my office and my house, there really isn't that much made here in Canada to the point where it's almost embarrassing. You'd think a guy in Canadian manufacturing would be better. Hard for me to get upset with people who won't pay a premium for Canadian if I don't always, either. Now I just embrace it - Oh you want this for cheap? I'll call China.

Also, never tell a company, "I'd like to buy local, but I can get it cheaper online. Can you get your prices down to X?" Or if you do, just know they want to kick you in your fataing teeth because that's the dumbest thing a person can say. You think I can get my prices down to a Chinese factory while paying Calgary labour rates, Calgary rent, and health and dental for my staff? GTFO.
Sadly this is why Communist China is so powerful.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:32 PM   #2026
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Sadly this is why Communist China is so powerful.
Yeah, totally. Even if I could get my prices somehow magically as low as China does, they'd just lower theirs further. As soon as one of my competitors went lower I'd have to as well or get left behind. It's a spiral we're all in and it's 100% driven by customers looking for cheaper and cheaper prices. I'm a customer, too, and no doubt am just as much part of the problem as anyone.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:57 PM   #2027
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

The best you can do individually is buy canadian, but as a business owner that breaks down because you need everyone else to buy what you're selling, and people are cheap!
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2021, 03:25 PM   #2028
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
So they will roll in at 4:30-5.
Right at puck drop so fewer are paying attention to their fed whining and economic sob stories.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 03:34 PM   #2029
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow 3:34! Only 4 minutes late!
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 03:34 PM   #2030
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well I'll be, they started on time.
Old 04-26-2021, 03:41 PM   #2031
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Its the right decision to relax continuing care visitation. It would be hard on families not seeing each other at the end of life.
MacDaddy77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 03:41 PM   #2032
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sandro announcing another eligibility expansion.
Old 04-26-2021, 03:48 PM   #2033
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

12 and up with underlying conditions can book as of tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2021, 03:52 PM   #2034
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

hmmm so Kenney's plan for bending the curve is "hope for better weather".
Awesome. Just Awesome.
Old 04-26-2021, 03:57 PM   #2035
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Awesome. Just Awesome.
I mean some of the stuff they're saying isn't wrong, a lot of the transmission is coming from people not following the rules. Making the rules more stringent doesn't help much if people aren't going to follow them.
Dan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan02 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2021, 03:57 PM   #2036
ah123
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Awesome. Just Awesome.

Well, he knows that some people are not going to listen to him anyway...
ah123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 03:57 PM   #2037
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Awesome. Just Awesome.
Crazy. That's the same strategy I use when planning a bike ride.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2021, 04:02 PM   #2038
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Can't watch, any increase in restrictions or just more of the same talking point BS?

Kenney got another favourable anecdote about a constituent telling him what a great job they are doing?

Those are my fave.
Wastedyouth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 04:08 PM   #2039
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any age eligibility changes for people with no underlying conditions?
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 04:08 PM   #2040
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

^Nope nothing announced on that front.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post: