Does vibranium show up on radar?
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:42 AM   #383
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
"Bill Whitaker: Could it be Russian or Chinese technology?

Ryan Graves: I don't see why not."

Bad quote is bad. If the military thought it was Russian or Chinese technology they would have a much more aggressive strategy in dealing with these "incursions." They would not be taking a wait and see attitude. Also, the intelligence community would have a pretty good idea if it were Russian or Chinese tech. That statement is ignoring the fact that these craft have been observed in these areas for decades. That would mean the Russian or the Chinese have been tooling around in these physics defying objects for as long as airframes have been in existence. That doesn't add up. Add in the tech development history of these two countries, and their reliance on espionage and intellectual property theft, and it sounds a bad guess with little sabre rattling for good measure. Wouldn't be the first time 60 Minutes participated in a propaganda campaign.
Pretty much eh.

“Hmmm how do we get the attention of American politicians???”
“Say it’s a Chinese or Russian threat”
“Brilliant!”

*meanwhile China’s first stage booster came crashing down in an uncontrolled deorbit, while SpaceX is landing there’s upright on drone ships…..*
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:53 AM   #384
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

the object defies the laws of physics as we know it (no sonic booms, no visible flight control surfaces like wings, rudders, no visible exhaust plumes, unbelievable speeds)...

What's Occam's Razor say?
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:56 AM   #385
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Either weather balloon or swamp gas.

Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2021, 10:33 AM   #386
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Old 05-19-2021, 12:39 PM   #387
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Former President Obama weighs in on the subject

In an appearance on "The Late Late Show" earlier this week, Obama confessed this: "The truth is that when I came into office, I asked, right, I was like, 'Alright, is there the lab somewhere where we're keeping the alien specimens and space ship?' And you know, they did a little bit of research and the answer was no."

Which, OK, he was joking. But then Obama said more about UFOs -- and this is where things got really interesting.

Here's Obama:

"What is true, and I'm actually being serious here, is that there are, there's footage and records of objects in the skies, that we don't know exactly what they are. We can't explain how they moved, their trajectory. They did not have an easily explainable pattern. And so, you know, I think that people still take seriously trying to investigate and figure out what that is."

Interesting, right?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other...?ocid=msedgdhp
Old 05-19-2021, 01:58 PM   #388
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Former President Obama weighs in on the subject

In an appearance on "The Late Late Show" earlier this week, Obama confessed this: "The truth is that when I came into office, I asked, right, I was like, 'Alright, is there the lab somewhere where we're keeping the alien specimens and space ship?' And you know, they did a little bit of research and the answer was no."

Which, OK, he was joking. But then Obama said more about UFOs -- and this is where things got really interesting.

Here's Obama:

"What is true, and I'm actually being serious here, is that there are, there's footage and records of objects in the skies, that we don't know exactly what they are. We can't explain how they moved, their trajectory. They did not have an easily explainable pattern. And so, you know, I think that people still take seriously trying to investigate and figure out what that is."

Interesting, right?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other...?ocid=msedgdhp
There was definitely some levity in how he spoke regarding asking about aliens when he first became president, but I think he's being honest. I'm willing to bet all presidents try to find out more when they get to that office.

The second part I think he's just referring to the videos already made public, or at least it's reasonable to assume that. Great politician.

I feel like we're getting buttered up for the uap report to congress (or maybe something else!).
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 11:25 AM   #389
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl262 View Post
There was definitely some levity in how he spoke regarding asking about aliens when he first became president, but I think he's being honest. I'm willing to bet all presidents try to find out more when they get to that office.

The second part I think he's just referring to the videos already made public, or at least it's reasonable to assume that. Great politician.

I feel like we're getting buttered up for the uap report to congress (or maybe something else!).
I wouldn't hold my breath. I am expecting to get a very vague report without any theories or conclusions included.. Basically just a yup, there are aerial phenomena that we don't understand and we are researching it. The U.S. government can't confirm eye witness reports or the opinions drawn from them. Yada, yada, yada.
Old 05-20-2021, 11:32 AM   #390
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
These guys do speak in very convincing manners and I am sure they believe what they say is true.

But the way the U.S. government works on top secret programs, there is a purposeful disconnect between different departments and different ranks. Very few people, if anyone, actually have a the full picture. This is done to prevent someone from leaking important information, and if anything, all these recent leaks of videos and eye witness accounts, justifies the need to keep people in the dark, even people participating in the programs.

Some of the military personnel seem to assume that they have access to all the information them need, for example, claiming that the technology is 100 to 1000 years ahead of anything we currently have. It assumes he has the privilege to know everything that has happened past and present. There seems to be a lack of awareness or admission to the fact that they don't know what they don't know, and that is intended.
Old 05-20-2021, 11:33 AM   #391
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl262 View Post

The released report will much to do about nothing. If they know something they're certainly not going to reveal anything eye opening. It will be like all the other UFO releases the govt has done over the years.
Old 05-20-2021, 11:37 AM   #392
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

One of the guys said they'd see them every day on missions. As Stephen Colbert pointed out, if you know the are going to be around, why not bring a decent camera? If they are this common, how is someone not getting good pictures and video of them? I know they move fast, but come on. This seems like it should be a priority if some unknown craft are invading air space.
Old 05-20-2021, 11:51 AM   #393
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
One of the guys said they'd see them every day on missions. As Stephen Colbert pointed out, if you know the are going to be around, why not bring a decent camera? If they are this common, how is someone not getting good pictures and video of them? I know they move fast, but come on. This seems like it should be a priority if some unknown craft are invading air space.
My personal theory is that the U.S. is experimenting with cutting edge technology that they don't want to make public yet and are preventing pilots from getting too close. The actual UAP are not the major national security threat. The national security threat is coming from the insiders who feel they are entitled to release the information to the public.

I am not even convinced that the technology being displayed is aerial in nature. It could be holographical and remote instrument manipulation technology to make it seem like something is there that isn't. It would explain why they can never get close and are not allowed near the airspace with weapons.

The best way to see if you can baffle an enemy would be to first see if you can baffle your own pilots.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 05-20-2021 at 12:13 PM.
FlamesAddiction is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FlamesAddiction For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2021, 12:07 PM   #394
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good theory. If it's aliens, why are they mostly seen around US military bases? That east coast area is a massive concentration of US forces. Most of this stuff just breaks down when you logically try to analyze it. Is something weird going on? Sure. Does that mean it's aliens? No more than thinking Zeus makes lightning.

Remember when crop circles were a thing?
Old 05-20-2021, 12:13 PM   #395
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interstellar travelers would be so technologically advanced why would they bother to study our primitive aircraft. We think we're hot ####, but really we're still tribal nation states barely 250 years from feudal dirt farmers.
burn_this_city is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 12:29 PM   #396
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I tend to think if there is anything, they've been here for a while. And our oceans are somehow involved.

And if they find these things have been around for a long time on our planet, think about how they could have been recording human history all of this time. Would be incredible to get access to what they have witnessed for the evolution of our species.

Additionally, I do wonder if this is the "inflection point" of human history wherein our current socio/economic/political state with where our technology is (almost a spacefaring species) is going to create some sort public disclosure to us being introduced to a "bigger audience", and we are no longer as intelligent as we think we are compared to what is actually out there.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 12:40 PM   #397
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

LMAO "why would they talk to us? what do they have to learn from us? When we go to the zoo we don't talk to the animals"

Best line ever
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 12:44 PM   #398
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Good theory. If it's aliens, why are they mostly seen around US military bases? That east coast area is a massive concentration of US forces. Most of this stuff just breaks down when you logically try to analyze it. Is something weird going on? Sure. Does that mean it's aliens? No more than thinking Zeus makes lightning.

Remember when crop circles were a thing?
Isn’t that also where you would have the most eyes and ears monitoring airspace, by far? Around military bases? That increases the odds of seeing something significantly. How is that not logical?
Old 05-20-2021, 12:47 PM   #399
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fair point.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:49 PM   #400
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

It is estimated that 3 Billion people in the world have smart phones (with cameras). Every day that passes without a clear picture of a UFO, Bigfoot, Nessie, Ghosts, makes me think it ain't gonna happen.

I remain open to the possibility - it sure is interesting.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote