Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Notices

Old 03-12-2009, 12:46 AM   #21
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

The players work with the system given to them. They don't just go out there and do whatever they want, they have to work within the confines of whatever system the coaches present to them. And the present system is not working, nor has it for 5 years or more.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:56 AM   #22
HPLovecraft
Took an arrow to the knee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redforever View Post
The players work with the system given to them. They don't just go out there and do whatever they want, they have to work within the confines of whatever system the coaches present to them. And the present system is not working, nor has it for 5 years or more.
They are on pace for a 100+ point season. I think it's working.

Not to mention the 05-06 system was entirely different from what it was the two seasons after, and this year. That 05-06 season happened to also be a 100+ point year, so I'm not getting what you're saying here.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:15 AM   #23
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
There goes the bandwagon again. When the Flames is winning, I am sure you love reading Flames players cliches it doesn't matter if it's been repeated several times. Now that they are struggling a bit, you can't stand them.

You have to realize that the Flames are playing without their entire 2nd line and been playing minor leaguers. Yes it is not a good excuse but injuries is a good factor on the struggle.
Listen, we wouldn't be worrying about these stupid cliches if the Flames came out the last few games with a little more determination, drive and, dare I say it, heart. Yes, I get it, they were without their second line but with all the skill and supposed depth this team has, then that excuse isn't really valid... especially against bottom feeding teams like Atlanta and considering the Canucks are right on their heels. Losses and losing streaks happen, I know that, it is just the way this team is losing that there should be some cause for concern. If they come out with the same mindset tonight against Detroit then it will be a complete blow out. Sometimes it seems like the Flames feel they can only play for 15 minutes and win hockey games. Honestly, it has worked a lot this year where they have been dominated but come back to win the hockey game with a strong third period. Does that make a team elite??? Bah, I hate that word. For that matter, I do hate the reporters that set up the players for these responses. Nevertheless, forget my rant, I'll probably be harped on for all of this as well.
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
news , post game , road