Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #321
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

See the the Pack have signed RB Marc Tyler out of USC....love it.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #322
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
What is the red flag with Chris Polk as he has yet to be drafted heading into the 7th round?
Thought for sure he would go in the 5th.

Looks like Polk signed with the Eagles.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #323
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

These dude brings up a good point. Blount and the 49ers a few years back comes to mind.
Quote:
FYI: Teams generally will not announce UDFA signings until the contracts are signed. Some UDFAs back out of agreements. Happens every year.
https://twitter.com/#!/caplannfl/status/196439193029849088

Ishmaa'ily Kitchen has reached an agreement with Baltimore. I hope he makes the team just for now his name.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #324
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Cyrus Gray is an intriguing pick by the Chiefs. The other 3 players with 6000 all purpose yards in the big 12 are Sproles, Cedric Benson, and DeMarco Murray. That's pretty good company. Yesterday was a touch disappointing drafting a couple of tackles. But depth on the offensive line is a must, and maybe being able to draft depth this early is a good thing.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #325
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Cyrus Gray is an intriguing pick by the Chiefs. The other 3 players with 6000 all purpose yards in the big 12 are Sproles, Cedric Benson, and DeMarco Murray. That's pretty good company. Yesterday was a touch disappointing drafting a couple of tackles. But depth on the offensive line is a must, and maybe being able to draft depth this early is a good thing.
The Wylie pick is the other one that I'd be excited about if I were a Chiefs fan. That kid could be special.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #326
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post

And now another centre from Baylor? Guess they need to replace the first one. Unimpressed so far. You have a 3 year window and need to draft impact players right now.
Philip Blake can play both guard positions as well as center and right tackle. 35 on the Wunderlich. I'm thinking they're going to fill that other guard slot with him so you have...

Clady-Blake-Walton-Kuper-Franklin
Old 04-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #327
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I gotta apologize to Mark Dominik for questioning the trade back for Barron even a little. I mean he played the draft perfectly by trading back to 7 and getting the guy I think it turns out they truly wanted all along in Barron. I hated only getting a 4th but that 4th got us two other guys we desperately needed. They went from 36 to 29 by swapping positions with Denver in the 4th (I think something like 25 spots in the round) and got Doug Martin, who I think could start week one. Then used the swapped 4th from Denver to move up from 68 to 58 with Houston to get Levonte David, an absolute tackling machine which they desperately need too. Dominik started with a 1st,2nd,and 3rd and ended up with 2 firsts and a second all while only needing a 4th round pick to do so. Even if the only those 3 pan out (and I think they will) then its a phenomenal draft.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #328
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

The Texans signed Keenum and Dwight Jones. I like both these signings. Jones is the classic case of a million dollar talent with a ten cent brain. He will have a chance to learn for Andre Johnson, and if he doesn't then he isn't going to make it as a football player. No risk, high reward for the Texans.
The Big Chill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #329
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shamawd Chambers, WR, Laurier, Canadian, will be attending Philadelphia mini-camp next week on a tryout basis.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:58 PM   #330
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Crazy woman who wanted to bang Mr.Irrelevant is back and she still wants to bang Mr.Irrelevant.