Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2022, 05:03 PM   #1881
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Chapelle was the best for a long time.

I guess money and fame do that to a guy.

Something something living long villain.
That, and I think he's just a lot older now, and kinda crossing over into the tired, grumpy years. I recently went down a YouTube wormhole of his, I miss his old spastic energy from the 90s/00s (I miss mine too) . Happens to the best of us, but he just isn't the same dude anymore.
Sainters7 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2022, 05:13 PM   #1882
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Musk craves people to like him. He is wormy that way. So he will eventually revert to more centrist takes because if he sticks to what he’s doing and what he truly believes in people won’t like him. So he is going to go weasel back to more centrist takes so people will like him now that he realizes he has lost so many followers.

I don’t think he realizes how far he’s lost the audience. He wants to be known as this super genius but he just destroyed all of whatever reputation he had over this Twitter thing and he comes across like a gigantic moron. Which should be terrifying, for everyone, that somebody as moronic as Musk is in control of a tool like Twitter and the worlds richest person. If there is ever an argument that extreme wealth needs to be re-distributed, all one needs is a case study on Musk and how he’s managed this entire idiotic debacle.

I am still blown away he posted a picture of a woman about to be… with the Twitter logo covering her nether regions and asking Trump to do the deed. That was insanely mind blowing poor judgment for a CEO and “super smart guy” as if we want this complete imbecile with so much power. What a loser.

Last edited by Mr.Coffee; 12-12-2022 at 05:16 PM.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2022, 05:17 PM   #1883
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

All I know is if I owned Tesla stock I'd be pretty pissed right about now. Bled off 2 years of gains already.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2022, 06:28 PM   #1884
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I can't believe of all the calamities in this world and serious issues like climate change, war, inflation and extremism, regressive chuds like Musk and the larger conservative movement soil their diapers over pronouns. Fata'ing pronouns. the least intrusive, least costly showcase of individual freedoms one could as for.

Shaking my head.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2022, 06:40 PM   #1885
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Musk craves people to like him. He is wormy that way. So he will eventually revert to more centrist takes because if he sticks to what he’s doing and what he truly believes in people won’t like him. So he is going to go weasel back to more centrist takes so people will like him now that he realizes he has lost so many followers.

I don’t think he realizes how far he’s lost the audience. He wants to be known as this super genius but he just destroyed all of whatever reputation he had over this Twitter thing and he comes across like a gigantic moron. Which should be terrifying, for everyone, that somebody as moronic as Musk is in control of a tool like Twitter and the worlds richest person. If there is ever an argument that extreme wealth needs to be re-distributed, all one needs is a case study on Musk and how he’s managed this entire idiotic debacle.

I am still blown away he posted a picture of a woman about to be… with the Twitter logo covering her nether regions and asking Trump to do the deed. That was insanely mind blowing poor judgment for a CEO and “super smart guy” as if we want this complete imbecile with so much power. What a loser.
Sometimes I wonder if this is all just a big troll job, especially after he got forced to put his money where his mouth is and buy the company. The RIP Twitter tweets a couple weeks ago that of course amounted to nothing...last night with allegedly going to change it from 280 character limit to 4,000 which will blow up timelines...I think he just wants to ruffle Lib feathers, as I think many see Twitter as a heavily left-leaning place. Either wants to wreck Twitter, or act like he's going to for the reaction..yet another newfound instigator for kicks like we've seen oh so much of around the world since 2016.

A part of me wonders if there's even a darker misinformation plan going on here, especially now that we're past halfway to the next election, with all his politicized tweets lately....but I'm not ready to go there yet.

Last edited by Sainters7; 12-12-2022 at 06:45 PM.
Sainters7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 06:42 PM   #1886
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I just don't see a single redeeming quality about that guy. He isn't funny, interesting, compassionate or anything. He's just kind of a dick. And people love him for it. I don't get it.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 06:48 PM   #1887
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
i just don't see a single redeeming quality about that guy. He isn't funny, interesting, compassionate or anything. He's just kind of a dick. And people love him for it. I don't get it.
https://twitter.com/user/status/1602260742727761921
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 06:57 PM   #1888
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Ya exactly. HE thinks that HE is critical to ensuring the future of civilization is safe. That is ####ed!
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 07:06 PM   #1889
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1602471198033584128
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 07:10 PM   #1890
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ha. I find this remarkable.

I'm.continually told by typically conservative politicians, especially here at home in Alberta, that twitter is the nattering Laurentian elite of 5 people, to get off twitter go out and learn what people have to say in the real world....

....and yet now fox and musk are the vanguard of saving the world on twitter, it must be done.

So it's useless on one hand, yet absolutely imperative on the other, all at the same time, from the same group of individuals.
RedHot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 07:10 PM   #1891
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

I too feel that Chappelle has dropped off and his last couple shows have been pretty meh. His stuff during the Chappelle show days were hilarious. Bill Burr is my top guy now and is way funnier.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2022, 07:21 PM   #1892
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/12/12/t...oth/index.html

Quote:
Twitter’s former head of trust and safety has fled his home due to an escalation in threats resulting from Elon Musk’s campaign of criticism against him, a person familiar with the matter told CNN on Monday.
Quote:
Roth has since been the subject of criticism and threats following the release of the Twitter Files. However, things took a dark turn over the weekend when Musk appeared to endorse a tweet that baselessly accused Roth of being sympathetic to pedophilia — a common trope used by conspiracy theorists to attack people online.
Quote:
Ad feedback
A person familiar with Roth’s situation told CNN threats made against the former Twitter employee escalated exponentially after Musk engaged in the pedophilia conspiracy theory.
RedHot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 07:30 PM   #1893
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Musk's go to. When you have nothing else, call them a pedo.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 07:36 PM   #1894
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Musk's go to. When you have nothing else, call them a pedo.

Sounds like Musk is probably a pedo.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 07:47 PM   #1895
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

He's hung out with Maxwell, a known groomer.
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 07:53 PM   #1896
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

And weirdly seems to follow Epstien's odd excuse/philosophy for pedo behaviour, that it is important that rich smart guys sleep with as many teenage girls as possible for the future of humanity
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 08:10 PM   #1897
TherapyforGlencross
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
And weirdly seems to follow Epstien's odd excuse/philosophy for pedo behaviour, that it is important that rich smart guys sleep with as many teenage girls as possible for the future of humanity
Oddly enough Musk’s father said the same thing almost verbatim.
TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 08:18 PM   #1898
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Lol Musk unbanning some and banning different people isn't saving civilization.
Old 12-12-2022, 08:24 PM   #1899
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I can't believe of all the calamities in this world and serious issues like climate change, war, inflation and extremism, regressive chuds like Musk and the larger conservative movement soil their diapers over pronouns. Fata'ing pronouns. the least intrusive, least costly showcase of individual freedoms one could as for.

Shaking my head.
Complaining about pronouns is particularly rich coming from a weirdo who named his kid X Ć A-Xii.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2022, 08:42 PM   #1900
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I especially laughed at his tweet saying it was 10% booing, 90% cheering at Chappelle's show. His transition into being a Trump clone is almost complete.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post: