Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Another good one on Twitter.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 01:59 PM   #2082
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good post Yoho. Expect a response after I watch this 90 minute video.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PeteMoss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2022, 02:13 PM   #2083
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
When I found out his views on Earth's population, his relationships with women and his weird life philosophy to have an army of children (has 10 already, of which one has already emancipated from him), that was when I was out. His Dad is a weird mofo too.

Just another eccentric right-wing weirdo that doesn't need more attention, even though he'll get it through his legions of Muskovites.

Didn’t his dad or grandpa marry his own step daughter or some #### like that? Weirdos.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 02:14 PM   #2084
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
wonder at what point investors are going to wait before they see Tesla stock as a good buy.
I glanced at an article the other day that suggested waiting until it's down to $150 and then getting in. (this was when the stock was at about $170)

As a person who knows nothing about the markets, I'm guessing it's probably safe to wait longer as it should just keep going down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
https://www.benzinga.com/quote/TSLA/...nga%20Insights

Here are some analyst targets, most seeing lots of upside. The problem is, Tesla stock behaves pretty irrationally due to cult-like status. The best move Tesla could make now would be to ditch Musk and provide some stability. Keeping him around? Who knows where it goes, depending what he does. I'd definitely sit on the sidelines on this one until it finds a floor, maybe around $140. If it bust through that level...
TSLA earns $3.62 per share. Auto stocks typically have P/Es of 6 - 8 X earnings. TSLA's is 48 X earnings. The question is why?

Tesla has been priced as a tech company (high P/E) and not an auto company, from the beginning. But should it be? Should it be, going forward, now that it is an auto company, nothing more, nothing less, and their technological advantages are evaporating?

Do you believe that their sales and earnings will continue to grow at a rapid enough rate to justify a P/E of 48X? Or, do you think the auto industry is catching up?

If we give TSLA a P/E of 8X, that puts the price at $29. At 10X, it is $36. Hell, even if you're willing to give it a P/E of 20X, that is $72.

I fail to see any reason why you would pay more than 20X earnings for it. IMO, the right number is more like 10X. I think it is a $30-40 stock.

Can it have a pop from here? Sure. Maybe it jumps from $150 to $180 when it finds some support. But I think the overall downtrend continues, and I think it's trading at more like 10X, a year or two from now. Maybe 20X
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2022, 02:15 PM   #2085
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Didn’t his dad or grandpa marry his own step daughter or some #### like that? Weirdos.
Yeah, it was his dad.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2022, 02:18 PM   #2086
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
Not breaking news or anything (1 month old), but this guy seems to get it.. He's made a fortune himself on youtube somehow.
I wonder if Google tries to jump in at all to replace Twitter now that it looks like it's time is limited. They've got almost all of the infrastructure already in place from YouTube, and the rest they could probably cannibalize from the corpse of Google+. Seems like it could be an easy win for them
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 02:19 PM   #2087
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
Good post Yoho. Expect a response after I watch this 90 minute video.
I value my time way too much to spend 90 minutes on a Yoho indorsed video.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 02:37 PM   #2088
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
TSLA earns $3.62 per share. Auto stocks typically have P/Es of 6 - 8 X earnings. TSLA's is 48 X earnings. The question is why?

Tesla has been priced as a tech company (high P/E) and not an auto company, from the beginning. But should it be? Should it be, going forward, now that it is an auto company, nothing more, nothing less, and their technological advantages are evaporating?

Do you believe that their sales and earnings will continue to grow at a rapid enough rate to justify a P/E of 48X? Or, do you think the auto industry is catching up?

If we give TSLA a P/E of 8X, that puts the price at $29. At 10X, it is $36. Hell, even if you're willing to give it a P/E of 20X, that is $72.

I fail to see any reason why you would pay more than 20X earnings for it. IMO, the right number is more like 10X. I think it is a $30-40 stock.

Can it have a pop from here? Sure. Maybe it jumps from $150 to $180 when it finds some support. But I think the overall downtrend continues, and I think it's trading at more like 10X, a year or two from now. Maybe 20X
well, I took a peek and it's down to $150 now. If it falls any farther, I bet the largest stockholders make a move to get Musk booted as CEO.

from the net:

Tesla stock is in the midst of largest drawdown since the company went public back in 2010.

Shares of the EV maker are down 64% from a peak last November, marking the stock's largest drawdown since its market debut, according to data from Compound Capital.

More recently, Tesla stock is down 22% in December alone.

Last edited by GordonBlue; 12-16-2022 at 02:40 PM.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 02:45 PM   #2089
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
well, I took a peek and it's down to $150 now. If it falls any farther, I bet the largest stockholders make a move to get Musk booted as CEO.

from the net:

Tesla stock is in the midst of largest drawdown since the company went public back in 2010.

Shares of the EV maker are down 64% from a peak last November, marking the stock's largest drawdown since its market debut, according to data from Compound Capital.

Its those woke wall street investors out to get him.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PeteMoss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2022, 02:56 PM   #2090
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

from the net:

Yes, we know how much it has dropped. Where do you think it goes from here?
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 03:14 PM   #2091
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Tesla stock is so overvalued.
Old 12-16-2022, 03:31 PM   #2092
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
Its those woke wall street investors out to get him.
Can't stad those corporate communists!

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 03:31 PM   #2093
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Yes, we know how much it has dropped. Where do you think it goes from here?
like I said, I'm very ignorant about the market.
But with how unhinged he is on twitter, I can see it fall down towards the $100 mark. Just total guessing on my part, but I don't see how they can stop the fall.
Tesla is on it's way to becoming a symbol of being supportive towards a right wing racist.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 03:33 PM   #2094
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...-lawsuit-says/

Quote:
A lawsuit says Twitter failed to pay a $1,092,000 invoice in a software contract that doesn't expire until late 2024, and that the Elon Musk-led company apparently intends to stiff the vendor on another $7 million worth of payments.

Twitter continued making quarterly payments on the contract until Musk completed the purchase in late October. "However, shortly after Musk's purchase of Twitter closed, Twitter refused to pay the outstanding quarterly invoice, which was due on November 30, 2022, and Twitter disclaimed any obligation to pay any future invoices from Imply, despite the unambiguous language in the software license and service agreement requiring Twitter to do so," the lawsuit said.

Imply uploaded the $1,092,000 invoice to Twitter's vendor portal, and the invoice was approved by Twitter on October 5, the lawsuit said. "On November 28, 2022, when Imply accessed the vendor portal, Imply learned that Twitter had deleted the invoice and closed the License Agreement," the lawsuit said.

Imply says Twitter "also uploaded an internal email chain to the vendor portal to support those actions." The lawsuit said this email chain included a message from Martin O'Neill, head of global strategic sourcing at Twitter, that stated, "A heads up that we will not be paying Imply any longer. If we can flag them in our AP system to not route any of their invoices for approval that would be great, thank you!"
Old 12-16-2022, 03:36 PM   #2095
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Standup businessman that we should all look up to on how to conduct ourselves. Just like Trump. These are people the younger generations are looking up to? Ugh.
Old 12-16-2022, 03:51 PM   #2096
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArcher101 View Post
Standup businessman that we should all look up to on how to conduct ourselves. Just like Trump. These are people the younger generations are looking up to? Ugh.
I don’t know if it’s younger generations looking up to Elon Musk (depending on how old you are). His fanboys seem to consist of a lot of middle aged men who have accomplished little of value in their own lives and like to blame everything else for their failures while touting Elon as some special savant because he’s rich. Despite the yapping, they’re about as thin skinned and weak on actual beliefs as Elon is.

You don’t have to worry about them. The world already ate them up and spit them out. Younger generations will have no trouble stepping over them.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2022, 03:55 PM   #2097
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I don’t know if it’s younger generations looking up to Elon Musk (depending on how old you are).
I only base that on the younger reddit demographic and crypto bros that adopted him. I probably shouldn't make that general assumption I guess.
Old 12-16-2022, 03:57 PM   #2098
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Lol Musk is offering shares in Twitter at the original price and terms. Musk himself admins he overpaid, now you too can overpay!

https://www.semafor.com/article/12/1...rs-for-twitter
Old 12-16-2022, 04:12 PM   #2099
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL. The sad part is, it's gonna work on a few dumb rich people. Did anyone read Musk's iMessage cache? If you ever thought these people were smarter than the rest of us, reading those should dispel the myth. These people are DESPERATE to be Musk adjacent.

https://muskmessages.com/

Good summary if you don't want to dive in.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...dorsey/671619/

Last edited by Fuzz; 12-16-2022 at 04:44 PM.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2022, 04:19 PM   #2100
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
And you know I'm ride or die brother - I'd jump on a grande* for you
*grenade?

https://muskmessages.com/d/34.html

This is a good one to read in retrospect, Musk has used some of these ideas. Then Musk gets a little freaked out at the end.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote