Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2022, 12:14 PM   #41
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfever View Post
I see your point, and I think it is a good one i.e. keep your emotions within due bounds. However, IMO there is good and bad in everything if you want to go looking for it.

Do you not get inspired when you see a good movie, see exceptional acts of kindness towards others, witness the wonders of nature, listen to certain music etc.?

Even see a few hard working, underpaid truckers risk being censored castigated, and thrown under the bus by their PM and his press. for standing up for what they believe in.
It's not noble to stand up for what you believe in if what you're standing up for isn't noble.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2022, 01:05 PM   #42
flamesfever
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think sometimes situations call for common sense, even though it seems to go against our better judgement. With the food inflation and critical supply situation we are faced with these days, along with a shortage of drivers, I believe it would have been prudent to allow a special dispensation, regarding the mandate, to those drivers who were unwilling to get vaccinated. Besides they are among the ones who have overcome the dependency on government handouts, been working long hours, sometimes in very difficult conditions, to keep us fed over the past two years.

Also the fact that the truckers spend most of their time in their cab, they pose minimal risk for spreading the virus.

I think to offer the dispensation from the mandate, and then take it back by our PM and his advisors, in a very short period of time, shows how dictatorial the present Liberal government really is. And I can appreciate how incensed the truckers would be by this behavior.

Right now we are stuck with a messy situation, not only in Ottawa, but at our borders.
flamesfever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flamesfever For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2022, 01:14 PM   #43
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Or they could get vaccinated like 90% of all drivers, and stop being mamby pamby babies about it. It's mind blowing watching them put this much time, effort, and deception into avoiding something so minor. And if they STILL want to avoid it, they can work in Canada and not cross the border.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2022, 01:24 PM   #44
flamesfever
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Or they could get vaccinated like 90% of all drivers, and stop being mamby pamby babies about it. It's mind blowing watching them put this much time, effort, and deception into avoiding something so minor. And if they STILL want to avoid it, they can work in Canada and not cross the border.
Don't you get it. We are not going to change these people. They believe, with all their heart, what they believe...and they are even willing to take the chance of dying for it. I know it doesn't make sense, but there are always going to be these types which we are going to have to deal with.
flamesfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 01:27 PM   #45
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
I think sometimes situations call for common sense, even though it seems to go against our better judgement. With the food inflation and critical supply situation we are faced with these days, along with a shortage of drivers, I believe it would have been prudent to allow a special dispensation, regarding the mandate, to those drivers who were unwilling to get vaccinated. Besides they are among the ones who have overcome the dependency on government handouts, been working long hours, sometimes in very difficult conditions, to keep us fed over the past two years.

Also the fact that the truckers spend most of their time in their cab, they pose minimal risk for spreading the virus.

I think to offer the dispensation from the mandate, and then take it back by our PM and his advisors, in a very short period of time, shows how dictatorial the present Liberal government really is. And I can appreciate how incensed the truckers would be by this behavior.

Right now we are stuck with a messy situation, not only in Ottawa, but at our borders.
It's not like they're the only ones putting food on our tables so I'm hesitant to be thanking them as heroes. They're just doing their jobs as a cog in the supply chain like the rest of us in our heterogeneous economy. The farmers, the grocery store workers, food packagers, etc. all contribute to putting food on your table. The O&G workers supplying the fuel the trucks use. Natural gas to heat grocery stores. Electrical grid used to cool the perishable food. Maintenance personnel to keep the equipment running smoothly. Snow removal company (city and private) that plow the roads and parking lots so you can get safely to the grocery store. On and on it goes.

We're all so interconnected in the way our economy functions that take out any single point and there are consequences. Truckers aren't special in this regard. We all contribute to the smooth running of things.

Say we do give the truckers a special exemption from the rules the rest of us have to follow (vaccinated to travel across the border), what about the fact that the USA won't let them in because they aren't vaccinated?

And is this how you want grievances to be addressed? Terrorize politicians and hold a city hostage until you honk loud enough to get special treatment and exemptions from the laws? That's literally allowing terrorists to win.

And yes, they pose minimal risk. We all pose minimal risk, but the more holes we plug the better off we'll be and the fewer restrictions we'll need. Keep in mind, it's not just about the truckers; it's about incentivizing the laggards and dopes to get vaccinated. There is a compounding safety for everyone and our economy that grows with simple steps like vaccinations. That is necessary for the greater good and the integrity of our hospital system.

These people are truly moronic, their cause is moronic, and people who support them are being really dumb on this topic (not saying you're dumb; just you haven't thought this one through).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2022, 01:31 PM   #46
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Don't you get it. We are not going to change these people. They believe, with all their heart, what they believe...and they are even willing to take the chance of dying for it. I know it doesn't make sense, but there are always going to be these types which we are going to have to deal with.
Agreed there will always be these types. But you don't acquiesce to their stupidity unless you want to deal with more of it. You ignore and bulldoze them out of the way so the 90% of people who aren't morons can continue operating their lives, our country and our economy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2022, 12:42 PM   #47
para transit fellow
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Sure... truckers spent most of their time in their Cab

But how about when they are off the job? do they spend most of that time in their house?
para transit fellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 01:21 PM   #48
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I see your point, and I think it is a good one i.e. keep your emotions within due bounds. However, IMO there is good and bad in everything if you want to go looking for it.

Do you not get inspired when you see a good movie, see exceptional acts of kindness towards others, witness the wonders of nature, listen to certain music etc.?

Even see a few hard working, underpaid truckers risk being censored castigated, and thrown under the bus by their PM and his press. for standing up for what they believe in.
Well of course, but it's only inspirational when there moral merit to it. This is grown adults that have received needles in their life refusing to take one more for their own protection, of others, and the greater good. And they're purposely clogging the country's vital infrastructure. What about that is commendable. And to do a job in which they can't travel across a border without a needle anyways (cause of Biden's mandates). So on top of being reprehensible it also makes less than no sense.

Yeah the PM does not have the press under his thumb. The CBC will be in his corner because they associate most closely with his party but that's a load. 80% of the stations are portraying it negatively because its just that.

It's sad when people actually believe in fictions like this.

Now let's get back to actually inspirational things! Please.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2022, 04:35 PM   #49
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Inspiring.

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...postcount=1538
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2022, 01:26 AM   #50
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional_Ale View Post
When it all shakes down and if it turns I was wrong, I'll own it.
But you're already wrong, everything is right in front of us.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2022, 08:53 AM   #51
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

How can some one say they're not inspired by anything? Maybe you're just not interested in anything and are lazy.

Are you abled bodied, healthy, maybe start there. Taking public transit alone is a real eye opener for me when you see people with disabilities out and about doing there daily things, makes my own problems seem irrelevant.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:59 AM   #52
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman View Post
How can some one say they're not inspired by anything? Maybe you're just not interested in anything and are lazy.

Are you abled bodied, healthy, maybe start there. Taking public transit alone is a real eye opener for me when you see people with disabilities out and about doing there daily things, makes my own problems seem irrelevant.
Seeing people with disabilities on the C-Train inspires you? Either you don't know what inspiration means or you have the lowest threshold for inspiration I've ever heard of.

So you see somebody in a wheelchair on the C-Train. Okay, now you're inspired for some reason. Whatever. What do you do with that inspiration? If you change nothing in your life other than thinking, "HoW iNsPiRiNg" that a guy left his house, you weren't inspired. Inspiration triggers something productive/creative in you that you can relate back to the thing that inspired you.

If you're getting inspired just by seeing people with disabilities, how have you not skyrocketed to running the world by now?
Old 02-03-2022, 09:08 AM   #53
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

Like I said if you have trouble getting inspired maybe start by being thankful or grateful for something.

You've never seen people with missing limbs in the gym and working out and you're like ugh I'm tired, I'm sore, how is that not inspirational, are you suggesting disabled people can't be inspirational?

Last edited by Macman; 02-03-2022 at 09:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Macman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2022, 09:11 AM   #54
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Like I said if you have trouble getting inspired maybe start by being thankful or grateful for something.
What the fata makes you think I'm not?

Honestly, the issue isn't me. You literally don't know what inspiration means.
Old 02-03-2022, 09:17 AM   #55
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

You seem really rattled and it's not that surprising to me since you actually made fun of people on here with disabilities.

I'm inspired by a lot of things and people and it's because I have interests and goals that you sometimes hit a wall in. I know what inspiration is, try not being so dense!
Old 02-03-2022, 09:19 AM   #56
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
You seem really rattled and it's not that surprising to me since you actually made fun of people on here with disabilities.

I'm inspired by a lot of things and people and it's because I have interests and goals that you sometimes hit a wall in. I know what inspiration is, try not being so dense!
lol, I'm dying to hear about the times I've made fun of people with disabilities...please share.

You still don't know what inspiration is.
Old 02-03-2022, 09:22 AM   #57
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:

You've never seen people with missing limbs in the gym and working out and you're like ugh I'm tired, I'm sore, how is that not inspirational, are you suggesting disabled people can't be inspirational?
You total weirdo. Why would you edit in that second comment instead of making a new one? You originally said you were inspired by disabled people "going about their daily lives" and now you totally changed it to something absolutely different. And you did so after I replied. Give me a break.
Old 02-03-2022, 09:22 AM   #58
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Either you don't know what inspiration means or you have the lowest threshold for inspiration I've ever heard of.
Unlike the gear grinder thread, where picking apart others problems is a tradition, I don't think this thread is meant to have the same vibe...
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 09:25 AM   #59
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Are you serious? Why do you expect others to feel the same emotions you do? I’m inspired by people who aren’t pushy preachy a-holes.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2022, 09:26 AM   #60
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckedoff View Post
Unlike the gear grinder thread, where picking apart others problems is a tradition, I don't think this thread is meant to have the same vibe...
Yeah, well when half the thread has been about guys getting inspired by Nazis holding our border and nation's capital hostage...