Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum

Notices

Old 04-10-2021, 03:11 PM   #2861
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheevers View Post
You really have to wonder, if they are willing to flaunt such a public order, what other health orders are they violating behind the scenes?

I'll happily avoid these restaurants going forward.
I donít think staying open so you donít go bankrupt and flaunting food handling rules are really on the same level.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2021, 04:38 PM   #2862
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

GraceLife Church is near me (I’m not proud of that) and I know several RCMP officers who will be on duty tomorrow (I am proud of them). I’ve been contacting some of them today to wish them well and safety. They appreciate the support they’re getting from reasonable people. I hope it doesn’t get ugly but they know how to handle themselves.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2021, 05:53 PM   #2863
soulchoice
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
GraceLife Church is near me (I’m not proud of that) and I know several RCMP officers who will be on duty tomorrow (I am proud of them). I’ve been contacting some of them today to wish them well and safety. They appreciate the support they’re getting from reasonable people. I hope it doesn’t get ugly but they know how to handle themselves.
How do they(your police connections) truly feel about having to be there for the enforcement? I am genuinely curious. As well, are the members and the pastor just dead set against any type of restrictions in regards to the number of people allowed inside? I just don’t know enough about the uproar they are having.
soulchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 06:36 PM   #2864
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

They want to do their jobs but don’t know what will happen and if there’ll be violent confrontations. They’re nervous for their safety and that of the public. The don’t want to make the news as a spectacle. They’ve had anger expressed toward them but some kind words, too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2021, 06:42 PM   #2865
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I donít think staying open so you donít go bankrupt and flaunting food handling rules are really on the same level.
While true many of the rule breakers are also in the downplay the pandemic, anti mask, just the flu group.

If it was really just about money I have a lot more sympathy then if they join other destructive behaviours
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2021, 07:31 PM   #2866
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
While true many of the rule breakers are also in the downplay the pandemic, anti mask, just the flu group.

If it was really just about money I have a lot more sympathy then if they join other destructive behaviours
I think in many cases that is people engaging in confirmation bias, and trying to justify their actions as "right" as opposed to being seen as greedy.

I agree with you though - I have more sympathy for someone struggling to provide for their family than someone who is opting out of rational thought.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
HHW
Old 04-11-2021, 03:19 AM   #2867
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

In Mirror, AB. At the Whistle stop Cafe

https://www.reddit.com/r/alberta/com...is_what_gives/
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:09 AM   #2868
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Benny's Breakfast Bar gets fines...patrons chant "Nazi's out" at AHS/CPS. Embarrassing as an Albertan on several levels

WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2021, 07:54 AM   #2869
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Each heckler sounds stupider than the last.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2021, 01:39 PM   #2870
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Protesters at GraceLife Church have taken down some of the fence but some other protesters have put it back up. Lots of officers on the scene. Police chopper has been circled overhead for hours now. Some protesters parked on Enoch reserve land and did some vandalism, but band members have barricaded in their vehicles.

Last edited by MoneyGuy; 04-11-2021 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-11-2021, 02:06 PM   #2871
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Protesters at GraceLife Church have taken down some of the fence but some other protesters have put it back up. Lots of officers on the scene. Police chopper has been circled overhead for hours now. Some protesters parked on Enoch reserve land and did some vandalism, but band members have barricaded in their vehicles.
They think they are successfully forcing the gov't to do what they want. An acquaintance is up there and posting some article the government is rescinding orders, etc. etc. I don't pay much attention to the links he posts.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:15 PM   #2872
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
They think they are successfully forcing the gov't to do what they want. An acquaintance is up there and posting some article the government is rescinding orders, etc. etc. I don't pay much attention to the links he posts.
This sounds like the timeless rumour in every province where the drinking age is above 19 that theyíre going to change it to 18 ďthis year!!Ē, only this year is every year & once someone turns 19, unsurprisingly... they no longer care.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:36 PM   #2873
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Andrew from All Gas No Brakes has a new YouTube channel due to a contract screwup. It’s still the same great coverage of morons though.

DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote