Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2021, 10:52 AM   #341
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

FDA approves booster for someone over 65 or at any age if you high risk.

Quote:
Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration amended the emergency use authorization (EUA) for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to allow for use of a single booster dose, to be administered at least six months after completion of the primary series in:

individuals 65 years of age and older;
individuals 18 through 64 years of age at high risk of severe COVID-19; and
individuals 18 through 64 years of age whose frequent institutional or occupational exposure to SARS-CoV-2 puts them at high risk of serious complications of COVID-19 including severe COVID-19.
https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...in-populations

CDC is expected to rule on this soon as well.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:25 AM   #342
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do we know vaccine numbers since the increased restrictions? Is the "vaccine passport" working in Alberta with more people getting vaccinated?
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:38 AM   #343
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
Do we know vaccine numbers since the increased restrictions? Is the "vaccine passport" working in Alberta with more people getting vaccinated?
https://www.alberta.ca/stats/covid-1...m#vaccinations

Definitely a bump in first doses, unlike the flat line after Kenney's Pennies rolled out.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2021, 12:59 PM   #344
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
Really happy I didn't listen to the folks on here that were so adamant about getting a vaccine, any vaccine, whatever is available, and waited for the Phyzer.
I get nothing but pleasure from the fact that people who suddenly decided to get uppity about vaccinations and be slaves to marketing by holding out for Pfizer are less protected than all of those that got the earliest shot available and ended up with Moderna.

I myself got Pfizer, but it was the first shot available to me. You know, because I don't like the possibility of subjecting others to death while I waited for a vial with my favourite logo on it.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2021, 02:43 PM   #345
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
I get nothing but pleasure from the fact that people who suddenly decided to get uppity about vaccinations and be slaves to marketing by holding out for Pfizer are less protected than all of those that got the earliest shot available and ended up with Moderna.

I myself got Pfizer, but it was the first shot available to me. You know, because I don't like the possibility of subjecting others to death while I waited for a vial with my favourite logo on it.

I think a part of this is the fact that Pfizer, being the size and power of a top pharma machine, has been able to use it to their advantage. They have been in this game for years and also have a viable and strong vaccine business that they can draw expertise on as well.

Moderna from my understanding is pretty new to this and doesn't have anywhere near the size and the scope as Pfizer. They were a small small player before Covid and have really had to grow up in a short time. They may not have the same counter punch as a Pfizer.

Astrazeneca on the other hand is in a unique situation. They pretty much don't have a vaccine business of any kind, they had a partnership with Oxford University in which they got involved in back in April 2020. They didn't design the vaccine and are relying a lot on Oxford. The level of pushback and communication during all of this and the negative press they have endured has been abysmal and is tragic as it's had negative effects on vaccine uptick and fed fuel to the fire for some anti vaxxers and others.

Bottom line, all of the vaccines been approved for use in Canada are excellent vaccines and from a performance perspective are all very high achievers. Get vaxxed is the message to all
curves2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to curves2000 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2021, 02:56 PM   #346
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
[url]Kenney's Pennies rolled out.
I read this much differently the first time
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2021, 09:09 AM   #347
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
I read this much differently the first time
In keeping with the coin metaphors, you thought it was referring to his stack of dimes?
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 12:47 PM   #348
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

nm
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 04:18 PM   #349
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I’m curious, for anyone who did the AZ - Pfizer series and then got another Pfizer dose….how were the side effects after the last shot?

I need to get my second Pfizer for travel, and just wondering whether I should plan on some down time or if it will likely not be necessary. I had some chills and body aches with the AZ, but almost nothing with the first Pfizer (second shot).
Ryan Coke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 04:22 PM   #350
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Coke View Post
I’m curious, for anyone who did the AZ - Pfizer series and then got another Pfizer dose….how were the side effects after the last shot?

I need to get my second Pfizer for travel, and just wondering whether I should plan on some down time or if it will likely not be necessary. I had some chills and body aches with the AZ, but almost nothing with the first Pfizer (second shot).
I felt like I had a bit of a headache driving home from my shot, but not sure if that was a side effect of the shot or just my day. And a sore arm for a day or so. Had the shot late afternoon and felt totally fine otherwise by after supper.

But I haven't really had much in the way of side effects from any of my vaccinations. A really sore arm for a couple days after my 1st (AZ) was the worst.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amethyst For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2021, 05:09 PM   #351
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Was tired and felt a bit achy the day after. Arm was sore for a few days.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2021, 06:06 PM   #352
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I got my 3rd shot / 2nd pfizer recently. I did have a bad headache 24 hours after but not migraine level bad. My 2nd shot I barely had any effects.

AZ side effects was way worse then either of the Pfizer shots and it knocked me out for a full day and the headache was way way worse.

On a side note, I asked my pharmacist if she was busy at all, considering I was able to get the vaccine litterally within minutes of being elligible. She said she was actually very busy with anti-vaccers people coming in with first doses all of a sudden. The 100$ didn't matter to them at all (surprise surprise) it was all about the new restrictions. All of a sudden freedom and convictions suddenly disappear when you can't sit at a restaurant.

The stick works way better then the carrot.

Last edited by Firebot; 09-26-2021 at 06:11 PM.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Firebot For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2021, 06:42 PM   #353
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

I felt nothing. I didn't have any side effect from the first Pfizer either. The AZ shot gave me a headache for a day.
Canadianman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2021, 07:23 PM   #354
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Zilch other than a sore arm for a couple of days.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2021, 07:51 PM   #355
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Are you guys getting third shot in case you travel or because you have a trip planned? Our first post Covid trip is likely a cruise and the AZ/ Pfizer is not recognized to cruise out of the US. We are thinking of booking a third shot “for travel reasons” but still won’t be traveling anywhere at least until spring. Should we book it or hold off and see how it all plays out.
Old 09-26-2021, 07:54 PM   #356
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
Are you guys getting third shot in case you travel or because you have a trip planned? Our first post Covid trip is likely a cruise and the AZ/ Pfizer is not recognized to cruise out of the US. We are thinking of booking a third shot “for travel reasons” but still won’t be traveling anywhere at least until spring. Should we book it or hold off and see how it all plays out.
I booked it "just in case" because I didn't trust the government not to change its mind. Also, I expected the US to possibly have issues with the combo and I might take a last minute weekend trip somewhere, depending on the covid situation.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:55 PM   #357
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
We’re planning a cruise next year, too. I’d wait until closer to your trip.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:17 PM   #358
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Between...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
I booked it "just in case" because I didn't trust the government not to change its mind. Also, I expected the US to possibly have issues with the combo and I might take a last minute weekend trip somewhere, depending on the covid situation.
... and ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
We’re planning a cruise next year, too. I’d wait until closer to your trip.
... I'm siding with Amethyst on this. You have the ability to do so, it'll be less of a pain in the ass to just do it now and get it over with. You're presumably several weeks to a couple months past your second dose. If I were in the same spot and I was already 6-12 weeks beyond my second dose, I would do it.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:57 PM   #359
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Getting my 3rd shot tomorrow. I have a mix vaccine record (AZ Pfizer) and need another Pfizer shot to be able to travel to the States to visit my brother and his wife.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:33 PM   #360
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Nothing at all on Phizer. AZ rocked me however.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OldDutch For This Useful Post: