Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2021, 08:50 AM   #201
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So many damn onions in that episode. I don't remember a tv show that I've had a connection with where every episode hits all the feelings. Jason Sudeikis obviously deserves all the accolades he gets, but I don't think that the praises for Hannah Waddingham can be sung enough.
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:33 AM   #202
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

At the end of the funeral, Rupert told Rebecca that his new wife relinquished the club's shares and give it to her, and then we saw Rupert whispering to Nate. It looks like they are setting up for Rupert to buy a rival club and hire Nate to be the coach, maybe for the main plot for next season...
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lazypucker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2021, 10:43 AM   #203
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
That was an absolute masterclass in balancing humour with a deeply emotional episode. One of the best episodes of the series IMO

And I connected with Dani Rojas on a spiritual level there, dress shoes are absolutely trash
They're the worst. Its like they're made exclusively out of concrete and loathing.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:04 PM   #204
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
They're the worst. Its like they're made exclusively out of concrete and loathing.
I've purchased 1 set of dress shoes in my entire life, and the only time I've ever worn them was for my wedding 5 years ago. One of the strongest memories of my wedding is also how uncomfortable my feet were for the whole day. Now they collect dust in the closet and every time I see them I'm annoyed at how much of a waste of money they were
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:09 PM   #205
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I've purchased 1 set of dress shoes in my entire life, and the only time I've ever worn them was for my wedding 5 years ago. One of the strongest memories of my wedding is also how uncomfortable my feet were for the whole day. Now they collect dust in the closet and every time I see them I'm annoyed at how much of a waste of money they were
I bought a very nice pair of Italian Leather Dress Shoes for work. They were not cheap and they look amazing.

But they are the most expensive and uncomfortable shoes I own. I practically never wear them.

I have been a Groomsman and a Best Man at weddings and gotten the rental Tux shoes and those things are essentially a War Crime.

Whoever made those things should be strung up at The Hague.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 09-24-2021, 02:14 PM   #206
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

can't really say i enjoyed that episode about beard spiritual journey....i was annoyed when you could not see all those texts on the show, thanks to whomever did the screen caps.....

i wonder if there is any plans to have a scene with rebecca in a hot tub - i am sure a good writer could do it and advance the plotline
Old 09-24-2021, 02:18 PM   #207
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
can't really say i enjoyed that episode about beard spiritual journey....i was annoyed when you could not see all those texts on the show, thanks to whomever did the screen caps.....

i wonder if there is any plans to have a scene with rebecca in a hot tub - i am sure a good writer could do it and advance the plotline
I wasn't paying attention at the beginning of the episode with her and Sam, but looked up at the TV when her mom came in and Rebecca was only wearing black lingerie. I had to back it up a bit
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2021, 02:21 PM   #208
The Fisher Account
Scoring Winger

Exp:

God that last episode was absolute crap.
The Fisher Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:31 PM   #209
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
At the end of the funeral, Rupert told Rebecca that his new wife relinquished the club's shares and give it to her, and then we saw Rupert whispering to Nate. It looks like they are setting up for Rupert to buy a rival club and hire Nate to be the coach, maybe for the main plot for next season...
I agree. And it will fail for him spectacularly. Nate will be an awful head coach.
Old 09-24-2021, 07:28 PM   #210
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisher Account View Post

Go on...

Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 12:23 AM   #211
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I agree. And it will fail for him spectacularly. Nate will be an awful head coach.
For some reason I completely trust your opinion on this
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2021, 06:55 PM   #212
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisher Account View Post
I have to assume he's talking about the Beard episode.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 07:58 PM   #213
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Producers Rick rolled us for half hour
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2021, 12:50 PM   #214
monkey brewery
Farm Team Player

Exp:

My wife showed the slightest interest in soccer for the first time in our relationship when she inquired about relegation and its meaning. This feels like some sort of milestone and I'm sure has nothing to do with her unbridled crush on Roy Kent.
monkey brewery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 12:58 PM   #215
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey brewery View Post
My wife showed the slightest interest in soccer for the first time in our relationship when she inquired about relegation and its meaning. This feels like some sort of milestone and I'm sure has nothing to do with her unbridled crush on Roy Kent.
Just make sure she doesnt latch on to evil teams like Manchester (either of them) or any team in London.

Old 09-27-2021, 11:22 AM   #216
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

So after watching the funeral episode and thinking it was the season finale (10th episode), I did some googling to see when season 3 was starting, and learned a couple things.

- It wasn't the season finale, there are still two more episodes to go.
- The Christmas and Beard episodes are the result of Apple extending the original season 2 purchase from 10 to 12 episodes. They had to create two extra episodes that would "fit in to the continuity of the season without impacting the story lines" that were already written for a 10-episode season.
- Unlike season 2, season 3 has been ordered at 12 episodes from the start, so it will have 12-episode story lines. Of course, there's the possibility that Apple could again order more episodes...

Last edited by FanIn80; 09-27-2021 at 11:24 AM.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:26 AM   #217
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

I can't imagine Ted will be want to be across the ocean from his son for much longer.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:28 AM   #218
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
So after watching the funeral episode and thinking it was the season finale (10th episode), I did some googling to see when season 3 was starting, and learned a couple things.

- It wasn't the season finale, there are still two more episodes to go.
- The Christmas and Beard episodes are the result of Apple extending the original season 2 purchase from 10 to 12 episodes. They had to create two extra episodes that would "fit in to the continuity of the season without impacting the story lines" that were already written for a 10-episode season.
- Unlike season 2, season 3 has been ordered at 12 episodes from the start, so it will have 12-episode story lines. Of course, there's the possibility that Apple could again order more episodes...
Also, I'm not sure if this is news to you or not, but the actor that plays Coach Beard is also one of the Creators, Writers and Show-runners.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2021, 11:28 AM   #219
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm looking forward to a binge at the end of the season. IDK if it's the more serious subject matter, my higher expectations, or the one week at a time viewing but it doesn't feel like they've captured the same magic this time around.
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 12:05 PM   #220
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Also, I'm not sure if this is news to you or not, but the actor that plays Coach Beard is also one of the Creators, Writers and Show-runners.
Also, Roy Kent is not just a HOF box-to-box midfielder, he's also one of the writers. In fact he (Brett Goldstein) was hired as a writer first, and then auditioned for the role after writing some of his scenes and realizing how much he "really got this guy."
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FanIn80 For This Useful Post: