Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
!!!Gongshow!!!
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Post Nhl 11

Who you think should be on the cover of NHL 11, or have any of yeah heard anythin on it yet?!?!?

I think Kopitar, Sid the Kid, or Mike Green should be on it!!!
!!!Gongshow!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

How has Crosby not been on the cover yet?

The picture where he is turning around with the Cup in his hands yelling would be a cool cover.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

since they do regional covers for different countries, they really should put Crosby's gold medal moment on there, especially since they already have all the national teams in the game

Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only reason why Crosby hasn't shown up on NHL covers before that I can think of that makes sense is that maybe he has some sort of clause in his RBK deal that prevents him from being featured? Crosby should be on the front cover.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
Temporary_User
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Miller

Temporary_User is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Temporary_User For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #6
!!!Gongshow!!!
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
The only reason why Crosby hasn't shown up on NHL covers before that I can think of that makes sense is that maybe he has some sort of clause in his RBK deal that prevents him from being featured? Crosby should be on the front cover.

Wouldn't that kinda be free advertisement for RBK though and getting the name even more out there?!?!?
Old 03-20-2010, 03:09 PM   #7
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporary_User View Post
Miller
When's the last time a goalie was on the cover?
Vanbiesbruck in 97?
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #8
!!!Gongshow!!!
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Yeah I think thats right 97!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #9
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stajan.
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #10
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporary_User View Post
Miller
I think this is natural. American, amazing, and it's time for another goaltender. Especially if they showcased the position this year.
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #11
totti_07
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

White or Dawes (just for the stache awesomeness)
totti_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:28 PM   #12
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

White's moustache.

- - - edit - - -

totti beat me to it.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #13
Jesse834
Lifetime Suspension

Location: Watching 7ungo Giving Up Goals A 5 Year Old Could Stop!
Exp:

Steven Stamkos!!!
Jesse834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:10 PM   #14
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
since they do regional covers for different countries, they really should put Crosby's gold medal moment on there, especially since they already have all the national teams in the game

If they put this on the cover, it will be the single greatest cover in the history of everything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3 Justin 3 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #15
C-ero
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Stamkos. Young up and coming star forward that will only get better.

I don't care about the cover though, as long as they fix the servers and maybe have more realistic hits.

It might not belong here but I have an awesome idea for EASHL ( Please read, I thought about this for 3 hours. I want to know if others think it’s a good idea. It‘s pretty long.):

- Every club that is created is going to have an owner (creator) and the owner can invite players, accept requests, etc. Owner can recruit 4 players (assistant owners) to manage the invitations and requests.
- Every club has a computer manager to sign players. Signing game-contracts, and you earn attibute points.
- Every player has to sign a 10 game contract at first (10, 15, 20 or 25 [max])
- Disconnections will not count as a game completed.
- For every contract completed, you earn attributes depending on grade and length of contract. The longer contract you get, the more points you potentially could get as shown below.
- For 10 game-contract, C = 13, B = 15, A = 17
- For 15 game-contract, C = 18, B = 23, A = 26
- For 20 game-contract, C = 26, B = 32, A = 36
- For 25 game-contract, C = 35, B = 43, A = 51
- When you finish the entry-level contract, the grade you recieve (Overall grade for all the games played combined) will decide your next contract. Finish with a C-overall, you get the 15 game contract. Finish with B-overall with 20. A-overall with 25.
- If you get the 15 game contract (C overall in ELC), at the end, you will recieve another contract with your overall grade deciding what contract next. C-grade puts you back down to 10 game, B-grade gets you 20 games and A-grade gets you 25 games.
- If you get the 20 game contract(B overall in ELC), if you finish with; C-grade, you go back down to 15. B-grade you will stay. A-grade will upgrade you to 25
- If you get the 25 game contract (A overall in ELC), when you finish with; C-grade, you go down to 15 games, B-grade will make you go down to 20 games and an A-grade will get you to stay.

- If someone decides to leave the club, they will have to go through the whole process of the contracts again.
- With attributes, you can put it wherever you like. So if you complete a 15 game contract with a grade B, you can put all those points on Acceleration if you like
- Attributes: 70-75, need 2 points. 75-80, need 5 points. 80-83, need 10 points. 83-93, need 15 points. 93-99, need 20 points.
- What I mean is that, lets say I have 73 Speed. I upgrade it 2 times to get to 75. I have only used up 4 points (2 each). The next upgrade, I will need to use up 5 points.
- Every club can have a maximum 5 captains (Owner and his 4 assistant owners) and 15 assistants. Captains earn 3 extra points for every contract finished and Assistants earn 2 extra points.
- To determine the assistants, you have to apply for the position and the captains get to pick who will be one. They can also strip you of the ‘A’ so beware.
- Also, there can only be 1 captain and 3 assistants in a game. So there is an order to who gets the letters in a game. So if the order in the 5 captains is B, A, E, C, D and if A and C are in a game at the same time, A gets the captain first. Same goes with the assistants.

If you think this is a good idea, like this post. If not, I will cry.

Last edited by C-ero; 03-20-2010 at 10:50 PM.
C-ero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:16 PM   #16
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I read something a few years back that said they often don't get the big name guys because they don't pay much and the players have to do press for the game over the summer.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:19 PM   #17
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
I read something a few years back that said they often don't get the big name guys because they don't pay much and the players have to do press for the game over the summer.
I can't believe this. They got Ovy for 07, Staal for 08, Phaneuf for 09, and Kane for 10. I don't know of anyone bigger aside from Crosby who hasn't been on the cover already.

My vote would be Crosby for the Canadian edition and Miller for the American cover.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:43 PM   #18
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Crosby hasn't been on the cover because both parties have to negotiation a price to be the cover athlete of the game. Plus the athlete would have to agree to be on the cover of course. EA may or may not have approached him in the past, and his price to do it may have been too high at the time, or just flat out wasn't interested so they choose to go with another options. (Such as Stall and Kane) Ladainian Tomlinson was reported to reject being on the Madden NFL 08 cover due to not agreeing on a price.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #19
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
I can't believe this. They got Ovy for 07, Staal for 08, Phaneuf for 09, and Kane for 10.
And Iggy for 03
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #20
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I have no information at all, but I highly doubt Crosby refused because he wasn't offered enough money.