Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2022, 08:28 PM   #201
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
Link?
They ended. If I see it pop up again, I'll link.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 08:41 PM   #202
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Either way, it is concerning that the list was leaked. I'm not surprised that people are actually looking at it to see if 'certain' people donated. Gotta keep canceling.
It is concerning how certain posters seem to carry a torch for these dickheads and morons who are actively working to prolong this stupid sh-t.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 08:41 PM   #203
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

So that’s a parody that lured in some real convoy idiots? They had me fooled for awhile. It was hilarious.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 08:49 PM   #204
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
It is concerning how certain posters seem to carry a torch for these dickheads and morons who are actively working to prolong this stupid sh-t.
I agree. Anyone who doesn't share the same opinion as me should lose their job and be socially shamed.
Old 02-14-2022, 09:20 PM   #205
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
Well that part is news to me. Like I said, I don't really follow it nor support the wackyness/approach its turned to.

Yes because Im sure this live feed that is going viral definitely hasn't attracted anyone trying to give it a bad name . Its like people who take the nazi flags that show up at every gathering as anything beyond someone being a bad actor. And even then, bad actor or real racist doesn't mean the whole thing is racist if 99.90% of people have zero care or involvement in race about this thing besides it being a way to disparage the movement.

Its the 2020's version of calling someone a communist
So you don't follow their movement or support their tactics but happily criticize those that don't support them? Or is this just a "the lefty libs are desperate to cancel" angle? Because there are posters here from all political stripes who don't support this movement because quite simply they are an anti-democratic movement who's stated goal is to remove an elected leader and have created illegal blockades ensuring that even more people feel economic hardship during a time when people are already struggling.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 09:58 PM   #206
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Because how dare you support something that I don't.

Either way, it is concerning that the list was leaked. I'm not surprised that people are actually looking at it to see if 'certain' people donated. Gotta keep canceling.
No law that says I can’t have an ignore list in real life too.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:02 PM   #207
Captain Otto
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
I agree. Anyone who doesn't share the same opinion as me should lose their job and be socially shamed.
No, anyone who actively denies science, creates and spreads misinformation, supports a group who's membership wants to overthrow a democratically elected government and continues to impose economic hardships on people by blocking essential commodities simply because they don't get their way, should lose their job and be socially shamed.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Captain Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:31 PM   #208
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Doing stupid sh-t deserves some degree of shame. Feeling shame is how people learn not to do stupid sh-t, it’s a very important tool.

Speaking of stupid sh-t, is that what you think is happening at our border crossings, a mere difference of opinion? Seriously?
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2022, 10:43 PM   #209
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
That’s up to the company employing them, is it not?
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:46 PM   #210
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

"They have a different opinion" used to dismiss objections towards literal sedition is hilarious.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2022, 10:58 PM   #211
Elkyiv
Scoring Winger

Exp:

is the donor list still online somewhere where one could access it? if anyone knows, could you DM me a link? thanks in advance.
Elkyiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 03:25 AM   #212
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
"They have a different opinion" used to dismiss objections towards literal sedition is hilarious.
People who are fighting against the significant over-reach of the current gov't aren't seditious. The notion is preposterous.

Especially since Trudeau invoked the War Measures act....er... "Emergencies Act", and proved them correct.
BoLevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 03:48 AM   #213
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLevi View Post
People who are fighting against the significant over-reach of the current gov't aren't seditious. The notion is preposterous.

Especially since Trudeau invoked the War Measures act....er... "Emergencies Act", and proved them correct.
It's awfully convenient for you to know what 'preposterous' means but not 'seditious'. But I'll help you out anyways: "conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch". So your average protester may not be seditious, but the leaders certainly are.

You are the most aggravating poster on this board because you cannot possibly be stupid enough to believe the stuff you say, yet you'll try to convince everyone else.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 03:50 AM   #214
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
It's awfully convenient for you to know what 'preposterous' means but not 'seditious'. But I'll help you out anyways: "conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch". So your average protester may not be seditious, but the leaders certainly are.

You are the most aggravating poster on this board because you cannot possibly be stupid enough to believe the stuff you say, yet you'll try to convince everyone else.
The post I was quoting was using the term much more broadly. Words like "seditious" should be used sparingly and with specificity.
BoLevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 04:14 AM   #215
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLevi View Post
The post I was quoting was using the term much more broadly. Words like "seditious" should be used sparingly and with specificity.
But that has nothing to do with the what you actually presented, which was that the government's actions make it not seditious, whereas one can be seditious even towards a completely authoritarian government.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 05:22 AM   #216
starseed
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://twitter.com/gordperks/status...OPecdm77A&s=19

Maybe we should start putting sanctions on individuals from the Cayman islands in retaliation.
starseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 06:27 AM   #217
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Otto View Post
No, anyone who actively denies science, creates and spreads misinformation, supports a group who's membership wants to overthrow a democratically elected government and continues to impose economic hardships on people by blocking essential commodities simply because they don't get their way, should lose their job and be socially shamed.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Yeah this is just wrong. Nobody will ever convince me that public shaming is anything but moving in the wrong direction as a society. Also when it comes to employment someone losing their job should always come at the discretion of the employer only.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2022, 06:30 AM   #218
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Pathetic.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 06:58 AM   #219
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1493420991573286912

Holy crap, the chickens are fleeing the Coutts!

Claim to be leaving by 10am today.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 07:05 AM   #220
Captain Otto
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1493420991573286912

Holy crap, the chickens are fleeing the Coutts!

Claim to be leaving by 10am today.
Heroes!!! In the interest of peace he says. Ya, before the Mounties raided us we were all for staying forever, but now, since we lost our guns and ammo, we are leaving peacefully.

What a complete clown show.
Captain Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Otto For This Useful Post: