Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2018, 01:43 PM   #161
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Wtf is with cheering for Vegas? A division rival who got to poach the league and has instant success while we toil in mediocrity yet again. F that group, I hope they get swept in 4 games. I hope the Sharks do too. And the Ducks. And the Kings. I know that is not all possible but I want to see it anyhow dammit. Will probably cheer for Toronto.
I can't hate the Golden Knights at the moment (I'm sure I will as the seasons pass) as it's not like they are a reason the Flames crashed and burned. Who doesn't love a good underdog story of a team of rag tag castoffs that was supposed to finish last but ended up winning the division? Great story and I can't think of a better thing for the league than to have a few rounds of playoff hockey in a new market as a taste of what the NHL is all about.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:19 PM   #162
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
3000 may have been a stretch...it was loud as fack when they scored and there were plenty of Vegas jerseys in the front row FFS

There was no struggle to find Vegas fans unless Ray Charles was operating the camera. Anyway I will hate whatever team I want, Vegas can EAD...they were gifted a team 2 3rds of the league would trade their roster for.
Lol

From the expansion draft thread last year:

Quote:
MAF is gonna wish he came to Calgary, guy is gonna get absolutely lit up
Quote:
honestly they made a bunch of bad picks

I would have taken the BPA and then flip to the highest bidder
Quote:
not team defense they won't...especially considering they are flipping many of the half decent guys they picked up today
Quote:
I think that is debatable...Colorado will get lit up too but what does that have to do with going to Vegas over Calgary?

MAF is doomed

Don’t feel bad, you’re not alone. Went from people thinking Vegas would at least be competitive and not be total doormats like previous expansion teams, to people thinking GMGM had lost his mind and thinking Vegas would be a laughingstock for many years, and finally to anger that Vegas outperformed many teams that had better rosters on paper.

I guarantee you there’s a poll the day after the expansion draft and not even 1/3 of fans in the league would trade their roster for Vegas for the 17/18 season. Flames/CP would have been overwhelmingly in favour of our own team.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 03-25-2018 at 02:21 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:23 PM   #163
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefoss1957 View Post
I work nights, so, watching playoffs would take a special effort, lacking a team that I am compelled to follow. Past years, I would DVR the Blackhawks and watch the 1st two periods before getting a couple hours of sleep, then waking to finish the game, before rushing through my normal pre-work routine.

So, I will be able to catch some box scores, but, am unlikely to follow any of the games very closely.
Same here, I kind of PVR it and watch it if its an interesting result, sometimes without know he result. You can watch an entire game in an hour and miss nothing.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flamenspiel For This Useful Post: