Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2018, 02:10 PM   #81
Knut

Exp:

Bruins are my fallback team, so i will be cheering for them.

I also would be ok with Winnipeg making a run at it.

Nashville winning it would be great for hockey development in that part of the US. The fans there are great and they play a good exciting brand of hockey.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2018, 02:10 PM   #82
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Watching the playoffs, cheering for the Jets
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:12 PM   #83
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyBilko View Post
St Louis blues made the Stanley Cup finals in their first 3 seasons in the NHL
But the West Division was 6 expansion teams. The East Division was the Original 6 teams.
troutman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:24 PM   #84
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Playoff hockey is awesome regardless if the flames make it or not and I've just accepted we just don't get playoffs here.

03/04 was the only time outside of 1986 and 1989 I've watched this team with some sort of expectation.

I have several other favourite teams to watch and am happy to watch and see what Winnipeg will do.....I cannot for the life of me cheer for the leafs.

I also can't cheer for teams that are supposed to do well.

Other than the jets I'll watch and cheer for the Preds, Bruins, Pens and the Knights as certain players are exciting to watch.

I think we'll see the bolts and Preds this year......but watch something crazy happen and it be the Pens and Knights or crazier the Jets and caps.
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:26 PM   #85
CSharp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't wait until all the snow is melted and all the trails dried up. Hitting the trails in the foothills and mountains - that's what it's all about. This year, I'll be cheering for the Golden Knights all the way. Next year, the Flames will be in the playoffs and I'll be in Moab again.
CSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:37 PM   #86
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't believe anyone would cheer for Vegas. Screw that franchise. I hope they get swept.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:41 PM   #87
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
I'll watch. Love the playoffs, even if the Flames aren't in. Pick the teams to root against and away I go.
I'm with you.
I don't pick a team(s) to cheer for, but have teams I cheer against.

for starters, I hope the pens and leafs lose in the first round.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2018, 02:42 PM   #88
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Go Raptors Go!
Can't believe this but if you take out Flames games, I've watched more NBA on tv this year than NHL. I blame it on First Take.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Makarov For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2018, 02:43 PM   #89
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

... you come to the conclusion that we've had this discussion too many times.

No offence intended to OP. But that's what I'm thinking anyway.

When Flames are done it's time for me to put on my speedo and run around outside. Sorry world.
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:46 PM   #90
Cycling76er
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'll be watching Nashville and Vegas. Nashville was fantastic viewing last year and I'd love to see Vegas go on a deep run. Wouldn't that be something if they made it the finals?
Cycling76er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:48 PM   #91
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Flames out and I'm usually out till the draft.
kukkudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:53 PM   #92
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bluejays season starts at the perfect time. Then come September when they fizzle out, NHL training camp begins. Rinse and repeat.

I do enjoy watching playoffs though even without the Flames. Don't have a favorite. But definitely teams I will cheer against, like Anaheim.
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:54 PM   #93
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycling76er View Post
I'll be watching Nashville and Vegas. Nashville was fantastic viewing last year and I'd love to see Vegas go on a deep run. Wouldn't that be something if they made it the finals?
They'll go out in the first round. Book it. For no other reason than I'll be in Vegas during the second round and I would love to go to a game.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:58 PM   #94
wookster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Go Winnipeg.....I guess....

Will mostly just hope the following teams lose in the playoffs: Toronto, Boston, Vegas, any team from California, Pittsburg...

More likely start watching the Blue Jays as they might still be in contention in April and May...
wookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:07 PM   #95
Jetfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

In the West it'm cheering for Vegas>Nashville>Winnipeg, in the East it's Washington>Toronto>Florida (if they make it, otherwise Columbus)

I respectfully disagree and find Vegas incredibly easy to cheer for, N-E-B. I'm still a big fan of Engelland, and besides, it's not like they screwed Columbus out of a 40 goal scorer with draft shenanigans, CBJ protected Dubinsky over him and he was a mere diamond in the rough. They also had the good fortune of Florida's ownership nuking the team and sending its heart and soul over (2/3 of their first line plus a great coach) turning the Knights from probably a near average expansion team to a legitimately good one. I don't enjoy that they pounded us this year of course, but I'm much angrier that we almost let the lowly Grease sweep us again. Besides, there's way too many enemies hanging around in the playoff mix out west still too, LA and Anaheim need their seasons to crash and burn ASAP. :P
Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:10 PM   #96
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

I get how people don't want to see Pittsburgh win, but there hasn't been a 3 time champion (3 in a row) since the Islanders in the mid 80s. That would be kind of cool to see.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2018, 03:14 PM   #97
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I get how people don't want to see Pittsburgh win, but there hasn't been a 3 time champion (3 in a row) since the Islanders in the mid 80s. That would be kind of cool to see.
Plus then I can wear my Crosby jersey through the playoffs.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #98
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
I would cheer for Vegas. What Gallant has done with that team is nothing short of a miracle. Also just goes to show you that going out hard and playing your ass off every night can bring you more success then having a team of all skill. Something I wish the Flames will take note from.
No, I'm cheering them to lose. I respect what Gallant has done, and wished that he was our coach instead of Gulutzan. But, I hate that team now, hope they crash and burn, get swept in a humiliating fashion.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:34 PM   #99
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'll be cheering Pittsburgh on as well, I really want them to 3peats.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:41 PM   #100
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfire View Post
In the West it'm cheering for Vegas>Nashville>Winnipeg, in the East it's Washington>Toronto>Florida (if they make it, otherwise Columbus)

I respectfully disagree and find Vegas incredibly easy to cheer for, N-E-B. I'm still a big fan of Engelland, and besides, it's not like they screwed Columbus out of a 40 goal scorer with draft shenanigans, CBJ protected Dubinsky over him and he was a mere diamond in the rough. They also had the good fortune of Florida's ownership nuking the team and sending its heart and soul over (2/3 of their first line plus a great coach) turning the Knights from probably a near average expansion team to a legitimately good one. I don't enjoy that they pounded us this year of course, but I'm much angrier that we almost let the lowly Grease sweep us again. Besides, there's way too many enemies hanging around in the playoff mix out west still too, LA and Anaheim need their seasons to crash and burn ASAP. :P
I still love Engelland too, and I'm not afraid to admit I'm just being petty and bitter that they come in and get a great, fast, exciting, and fun team in their first year, meanwhile I've been a Flames fan for 24 years and haven't really had much to cheer for. It doesn't seem fair to me. Plus they're in our division.

I might bandwagon Winnipeg this year.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote