Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2019, 09:33 AM   #1381
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think with Rollin's its a few things that have lead to him being boo'd.

1) The way that they originally put him over The Fiend, and burned down the fun house
2) He's become pretty stale, even his promo's are stale
3) His social media presence hasn't helped him, he's come across as a combination of d$$$$$bag and Vince yes man.
4) It almost feels like he's getting the Roman super push.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:35 AM   #1382
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
What's up with Rollins? Why are people booing him now? I pay no attention to RAW anymore.
I watch Raw and I have no idea either. They haven't done anything heel-like with him. I think maybe people are just getting tired of him?
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:51 AM   #1383
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
They haven't done anything heel-like with him.
That would probably make people cheer for him. I think he just has a case of Romanitis where fans know the company is trying to push him on them so they rebel.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:10 PM   #1384
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
That would probably make people cheer for him. I think he just has a case of Romanitis where fans know the company is trying to push him on them so they rebel.

Nah. He's been real bad as a face.

Between his twitter tantrums and his awful mic work (for the record, I think he's ass as a heel too. I've never been a Tyler Black/Seth Rollins fan. Good hand, but not a champion) it was always a matter of time.

Calling CM Punk a coward probably didn't help either.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:59 PM   #1385
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Nah. He's been real bad as a face.
I don't disagree but I think pushing him as "the guy" on RAW plays a big part into the negative reaction he gets. Even if people don't think he's anywhere near a top heel I think most prefer he be a heel and depending on who he turned on would give him a better reception.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:03 PM   #1386
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

His heel run with the Authority in 2014 was probably his best work as a heel and a RAW character in general. The chicken#### heel hand-picked by the Authority was both an insult to the Shield and a smarmy way to win belts. I will remember fondly of that story line because it really launch Rollins into superstar status.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:10 PM   #1387
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya I think Rollins getting booed is moreso for his online stuff, not how he is being booked, it is chicago though, plus nxt last Wednesday, smarky crowds. They should turn him heel though and give him a stable where hes not the main talker, have him join UE if necessary, they teased a fued between him and KO, and KO should be the biggest face on RAW

From watching the two shows it was clear there is a huge difference in the crowds, I think part of the reason why raw and sd seems lacking is because it's so many kids or casuals, good matches get nothing from the crowd. Meanwhile the nxt crowds and aew too get huge pops. I think turning down the crowd lights would help too

I've been saying it since last year but the UE should be called up and be running the show for one of these brands. Cole is getting so close to peak shawn Michaels, that counter in to the panama surprise on pete dunne wasnt even fully clean but looked awesome.

Rhea Ripley is going to get a rocket ship attached to her next push

The womens triple threat was awkward, would have rather seen becky v shayna

I thought the mens survivor series match had a rough start but right around the riddle/orton stuff it really picked up

That kai turn on nox was so well done, and looked really vicious, those cage door shots looked really strong

Riddle v balor was a great match, balor works so much better as a heel, his moveset looks way more crisp too than a few months ago

Brock isnt worth the twice a year he has a good match, the title never gets defended on raw, he fights 6 or 7 times a year, and almost every time it's either a squash or like last night, which well entertaining, is too obvious hes gonna win.
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:42 PM   #1388
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Please keep him away from UE, UE mandate should be to lay a beating on Rollins every night, even when they're not running a show. Have a WWE 365 special on Rollins where everyday no matter where is, doing an interview in his house, having brunch with Becky, have UE roll in and just trash him.

So I think that the other thing that wrecked Rollins was the whole him and Becky's relationship making it into the story lines and onto TV. It was so hideous, with Cole calling them the power couple of WWE, it simultaneously killed both of their heat in the worst way.

I think NXT really works for the audience reaction because it happens at Full Sail all the time and its a smaller building and a smaller crowd that's really aware of what they like. Its got a real indy feel to it that you don't get with the main rosters constant travel and huge crowds.

Cole booked right could absolutely be a game changer on a main roster show, but I hope that they bring UE up as one entity as a heel group and don't water it down with any main rosters guy. You could really do a NWO vibe to them

Rhea is unbelievable, that pin she pulled on Charlotte on the go home smackdown was so clever, she's just a total package.

The men's survivor series was ok, but not as good as the woman's to be honest. I think they booked it a bit wrong. But it made Keith Lee a star.

I'm looking forward to the Kai Nox feud, to be honest I am a huge Nox fan because of what she's gone through and come back on, that woman has major sand paper.

Its Prince now man, its Prince

Brock booked properly with the proper opponents works well with infrequent appearances. If you do it right it can be an amazing holy shyte moment. His feud for example with Cena proves that. His last two opponents, in Cain and even in Mysterio and his son were not the right opponents. Maybe I look forward to Brock appearances because of Paul though.

Old 11-25-2019, 11:25 PM   #1389
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I always watch things late due to working evenings, so I am just starting to watch Raw and while I'm only a 7 minutes in it looks like they are pulling the trigger on a Seth heel turn. He's holding a town hall meeting, being snarky to the crowd and starting to alienate the other talent.

edit: should have waited 30 more seconds before posting, he called out Rey and his "stupid son", the entire locker room is walking out on him and the crowd has erupted into full ahole chants.

Last edited by Crown Royal; 11-25-2019 at 11:27 PM.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:19 AM   #1390
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yup, he went full blown heel at the end, and the AOP were involved. My fear is he's working for the Authority Again.

Old 11-27-2019, 09:52 AM   #1391
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Corey Graves is forced to apologize to Mauro Ranello.

It started with a critical series of tweets by Graves at Mauro hogging the spotlight at Takeover, and then Mauro deleted his twitter account and didn't show up for Survivor series and is not going to be on NXT this week.

Its always worrying because we know that Mauro is having a daily fight with mental health issues that were documented and he had a really rough time when JBL went after him.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:03 AM   #1392
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Corey Graves' apology is not genuine. If it was he would have said it days ago. Even then it would be insane if he didn't know about Ranallo's ongoing battle with mental health issues. The fact that he put those tweets out there - as casual and as harmless as he thinks they probably were - was just a disaster waiting to happen.

it's funny too since Triple H called out superstars for using social media as a platform to air grievances after the ACH thing. You would think, unless things were a work, that most of them would have zipped right up.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:51 PM   #1393
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Corey was working twitter in character.

Mauro, can't handle it. Not a bad thing, not a criticism of him, just a statement.

Corey should have known that since it's happened with Mauro in the past. I am glad WWE is with Mauro on this.

TBH Graves should probably be let go if this isn't a full work.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:52 PM   #1394
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok, Orange Cassidy coming out in a Gobbledy ####er costume might actually beat War Games for best wrestling moment this month.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 08:24 PM   #1395
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Orange Cassidy is everything that 20something MQS loves about wrestling (primarily indy wrestling).

I'll never forget Bobby Roode coming back to the Maritimes during a break from TNA, and playing the smarmy heel that he's so good at playing. At one point he rolled out of the ring, holding his back to "take a break". Naturally I yelled out from the front row "Call a Time Out Bobby!" To which, without missing a beat he looks up at the referee and does the hand motion T while saying "ugh, timeout, timeout"

Later in the match his opponent, Winnipeg's own, Chi Chi Cruz was pumping up the crowd outside the ring, jumped up to get back in the ring to which the crew I was with erupted into a "STALL, STALL, STALL, STALL" chant. Chi Chi looks at us and gives us a "what?!?!" look.

God I love this stuff.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:16 PM   #1396
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

JR: "The great think about Audrey Edwards is she doesn't let her gender interfere with her job."

Jesus Christ. Time to put the old boy out to pasture.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:20 PM   #1397
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Jessika Carr is actually a amazing story of incredible perseverance. She was a severely overweight teenager who worked incredibly hard and persevered, she was signed by WWE and became a recognizable worker and broke barriers, and Tonight's NXT was her last performance there as she was promoted to the Smackdown Roster.

Now some of you might say who is Jessika Carr and why is her story so important. Because she's the first full time WWE female referee, and has worked woman's matches and men's matches and tapped off her NXT Career by officiating the Men's and Woman's war games match.

And she deserves cool moments like this

https://twitter.com/user/status/1199909762822918144

Old 11-27-2019, 10:24 PM   #1398
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I literally did a spit take on this

https://twitter.com/user/status/1199863742651088896

Old 11-27-2019, 10:31 PM   #1399
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well that was another fun episode. Only negative for me was the women's tag match. Looks like we're heading for Mox/Jericho, which should be a much better program than Ambrose/Jericho was.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:34 PM   #1400
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Jessika Carr is actually a amazing story of incredible perseverance. She was a severely overweight teenager who worked incredibly hard and persevered, she was signed by WWE and became a recognizable worker and broke barriers, and Tonight's NXT was her last performance there as she was promoted to the Smackdown Roster.

Now some of you might say who is Jessika Carr and why is her story so important. Because she's the first full time WWE female referee, and has worked woman's matches and men's matches and tapped off her NXT Career by officiating the Men's and Woman's war games match.

And she deserves cool moments like this

https://twitter.com/user/status/1199909762822918144
She deserves it, love that she is getting the call up to SD. IMO she is one of the better refs on any of the 3 brands.