Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
trumpethead
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default the Tori Stafford murder trial

This article nearly brought me to tears today...

Warning: This story contains disturbing details
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...article2367559

I cannot begin to understand.....
trumpethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've been following this trial when I can and the whole thing was horrifying. First the defense effectively tried to shift the blame to the mother. To be really clear the mother probably wouldn't win mom of the year based around around her previous addiction to Oxy Cotin. The defense made it seem like she was a bad mother for not picking up Tori at school, and tried to create a dealer junkie link between her and the killers.

But just reading this testimony is heart breaking, the both of them are inhuman scum, I don't have any sympathy for a woman who willingly feeds a young victim to a rapist no matter what her up bringing, and then her trying to blame her upbringing on her willingness to use the claw end of the hammer on the girl and the whole B.S. line about her telling Tori that she was such a strong little girl makes me wretch. And her boyfriend is complete scum.

I give credit to the father, he's stronger then I ever could be, because I would probably have vaulted over the prisoners box to server my own justice on the creep after hearing the details of the rape and murder of my little girl.

I've advocated that the death penalty should still be applicable to a certain class of criminals, Bernardo and Homolka and Olson and Pickton and these two should all be riding the lighting or sniffing the gas or feeling the juice.

I think in this case where the case is pretty open and shut like it is, that there's nothing wrong with denying scum like this further existance.

I would like to see them experience even half the fear that this little girl felt. Its just unfortunate that the sentence couldn't be carried out with a claw hammer.

I'm repulsed.

I'm disgusted that McLintlock will be eligible for parole in 25 years when she's 55 and even if this scumbag gets the max he will still be eligible to get out by the time he's 58.

People who commit violent crimes for pleasure, especially against kids should be thrown into the deepest part of the prison system and never see the light of day again.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Prince Patrick Island - a tent, some fishing line and a lantern. Off you go.

Last edited by Coys1882; 03-14-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm sitting at my desk at work fighting back tears right now. The description is one of the most depraved things I've ever read.

I would feel no pity if either one of them were beaten to death in prison.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
trumpethead
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

I give credit to the father, he's stronger then I ever could be, because I would probably have vaulted over the prisoners box to server my own justice on the creep after hearing the details of the rape and murder of my little girl.
I think killing these 2 idiots is almost too kind. I would want them both to suffer horribly for a long, long time.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Has the state presented any physical evidence/corroberating testimoney? I've only been following the case the last few days.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Everytime I see that sweet little girls face in the stories I want to speedbag both perps heads until they turn to piles of mush. The whole thing sickens me.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #8
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

turn 'em both over to general pop after they've been sentenced. It should be over in about ten minutes.

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #9
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

i have been reading the daily articles of this trial - my daughter is a little bit younger than tori was and it is not easy to read. and you almost want to say shame on the defence lawyer for trying to turn the blame to the mom.........

i think that the parents of tori should both be allowed to administer some justice to these two human losers - before they get into general pop........
Northendzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to avoid these articles and news programs. I listened to the details for about 2 minutes and felt physically sick. Here is a good example of where capital punishment would be a good thing.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #11
trumpethead
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
i have been reading the daily articles of this trial - my daughter is a little bit younger than tori was and it is not easy to read. and you almost want to say shame on the defence lawyer for trying to turn the blame to the mom.........

i think that the parents of tori should both be allowed to administer some justice to these two human losers - before they get into general pop........
I would donate two $0.17 "justice pills".
Old 03-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #12
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Has the state presented any physical evidence/corroberating testimoney? I've only been following the case the last few days.

I think that's coming a little later one, So far the mother, the cop that was working the case, one of Tori's teachers and this thing have testified. They're setting events, but the confession of McClintlock is pretty damning. From my understanding the police have physical evidence linking to the vehicle, and some other evidence linking to Tori's blood and the murder weapon.

I'm sure that all of the forensic evidence will start rolling out soon.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #13
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
but the confession of McClintlock is pretty damning.
I'm not so sure it is (damning to the accused I mean). With her admission that she did the actual killing (presumably the state knew that and has no evidence to the contrary) the only thing she can actually speak to on the murder charge is his intent. Given her contradictory statements to the police I'd think it'd be pretty easy for a competent defense attorney to present her as an unreliable witness at best.

Quote:
From my understanding the police have physical evidence linking to the vehicle, and some other evidence linking to Tori's blood and the murder weapon.
Let's hope so (and more importantly that it directly ties the accused to the crime)... if the states case hinges entirely on McClintlock's testimoney I could see this becoming Casey Anthony 2.0.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #14
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Michael Rafferty is a total manipulative loser who has serious mental issues. I have a female friend who dated him in high school and she told me how he is a master at tearing a persons self-esteem apart and then making them think they need him in their lives because nobody else would want them. I hope somebody does him in once he goes to prison.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #15
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's a special place in hell for these two. I hope they find out quickly that prison stereotypes are true for child rapists and murderers.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #16
trumpethead
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If Michael Rafferty is found not guilty in this trial, he may very well end up dying a lot faster than if he went to jail
Old 03-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #17
freedogger
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I wonder what motivates McLintlock to take this to trial. Does she really believe she'll be physically safe anywhere in Canada if aquited?
freedogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #18
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedogger View Post
I wonder what motivates McLintlock to take this to trial. Does she really believe she'll be physically safe anywhere in Canada if aquited?
She is not being tried, her boyfriend, raferty is
Northendzone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Northendzone For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #19
schteve_d
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedogger View Post
She's already been convicted of first degree murder, she's the "star" witness against her former boyfriend.
schteve_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #20
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by schteve_d View Post
She's already been convicted of first degree murder, she's the "star" witness against her former boyfriend.
She basically got the best deal that she could get.

She'll be free before she turns 60.

I don't think she did this out of remorse or doing the right thing.

Tags
death penalty , rot in hell