Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2022, 06:51 PM   #2021
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

He's dead to me.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to keratosis For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2022, 06:51 PM   #2022
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyntangs View Post
Take this for what it's worth, but here's what I heard from a source (close to the Flames organization, I'm sure biased).

But earlier Tuesday, Gross came up with an ultimatum offer that said the Flames had to match, take it or leave it otherwise Gaudreau would test free agency.

The Flames by mid-day, met the offer to a tee and Gross and Gaudreau went radio silent for the rest of the day.

Came back hours before the FA deadline and were informed Gaudreau was testing FA (because of his family, wife specifically) to move out East.

Edwards was part of either that or one of these final calls (believe Treliving had a separate private call with Johnny directly after as well). But I'm the Edwards call, he flipped out and called out Johnny for playing games, wasting their time and handcuffing them, in a really unprofessional manner to do this after they met their exact ask.

The part I'm personally speculating about now is this is probably why Johnny hasn't really addressed The Flames, fans and etc. directly yet, likely very stung by the whole ordeal but I also think he knows he really botched this.

Last piece I'm personally speculating about is that I do not think Columbus was very high on his list but his wife was very open to it, especially after everything else fell thru on their top destination(s).

Take the above for what you will.
I’m far from a Murray Edwards fan but man, I really hope that phone call happened. If it did, good for Murray.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 06:51 PM   #2023
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yikes. What a way to cement a legacy...

Quote:
Take this for what it's worth, but here's what I heard from a source (close to the Flames organization, I'm sure biased).

But earlier Tuesday, Gross came up with an ultimatum offer that said the Flames had to match, take it or leave it otherwise Gaudreau would test free agency.

The Flames by mid-day, met the offer to a tee and Gross and Gaudreau went radio silent for the rest of the day.

Came back hours before the FA deadline and were informed Gaudreau was testing FA (because of his family, wife specifically) to move out East.

Edwards was part of either that or one of these final calls (believe Treliving had a separate private call with Johnny directly after as well). But I'm the Edwards call, he flipped out and called out Johnny for playing games, wasting their time and handcuffing them, in a really unprofessional manner to do this after they met their exact ask.

The part I'm personally speculating about now is this is probably why Johnny hasn't really addressed The Flames, fans and etc. directly yet, likely very stung by the whole ordeal but I also think he knows he really botched this.

Last piece I'm personally speculating about is that I do not think Columbus was very high on his list but his wife was very open to it, especially after everything else fell thru on their top destination(s).

flamesrule_kipper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 06:51 PM   #2024
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames can put up 65 shots on them again next season, Gaudreau can miss the playoffs by 20 points
Old 07-14-2022, 06:52 PM   #2025
tony-soprano
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Edward's probably told him he could buy another wife with that salary, and John took it personal.
tony-soprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 06:53 PM   #2026
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Late to the party, but after reading his quotes from the press release, it sounds pretty cryptic.

Theres something off the last 2 days, Gaudreau is absolutely soured on Calgary for something. Im interested to know what
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 06:53 PM   #2027
robertsfan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

She's gone, she's gone
Oh I, oh I
I better learn how to face it
She's gone, and she's gone
Oh I, oh I
I'd pay the devil to replace her
She's gone, and she's gone
Oh I
What went wrong?
robertsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 06:54 PM   #2028
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the Flames accepted his counter and he just ghosted them he can pound sand...good for Edwards if this is true
Old 07-14-2022, 06:57 PM   #2029
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
I’m far from a Murray Edwards fan but man, I really hope that phone call happened. If it did, good for Murray.
Yeah. Under the CBA I imagine it’s not enforceable but normally thats a binding contract even without paperwork. An offer and an acceptance.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 06:58 PM   #2030
wired
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Johnny will more than likely revert to floating around the middle of the ice, waiting for the puck. Not going to have much success while he is in Columbus.
At the end of the day, it was his choice to bolt and not let the Flames trade him.
wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 06:59 PM   #2031
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Yeah. Under the CBA I imagine it’s not enforceable but normally thats a binding contract even without paperwork. An offer and an acceptance.
I'm no fancy Big City contract lawyer or nuthin but one is a demand, then there is a meet of that demand and the resulting offer, but I'm not sure that technically meets the requirement of a contract without acceptance of the offer.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:00 PM   #2032
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I, for one, don't blame him at all for getting out of this absolutely ####-hole city. Clean air and clean water don't make up for being one of the literally last places on Earth to live.

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:01 PM   #2033
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's my ultimatum, meet it or I'm gone
OK, done
Silence...

#### off you loser. Unbelievable it ended that way. No wonder Tre seemed shaken.

I hope Edwards tore a strip off the little sh.it, and I hope the fans boo him mercilessly.

With our luck though it'll be probably be a Columbus vs. Rangers Eastern Conference finals next season.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2022, 07:01 PM   #2034
tony-soprano
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional_Ale View Post
I, for one, don't blame him at all for getting out of this absolutely ####-hole city. Clean air and clean water don't make up for being one of the literally last places on Earth to live.
tony-soprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:03 PM   #2035
NOISIA
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Ok then….
NOISIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:04 PM   #2036
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Too much traditional ale?

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:05 PM   #2037
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony-soprano View Post

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:05 PM   #2038
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:

Clean water?

Calgary tap has changed in the last 20 years

But the air, well let me tell you

Also, no forest fires this year so far (knock on wood)
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:06 PM   #2039
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Everything ok man?
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:06 PM   #2040
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I'm no fancy Big City contract lawyer or nuthin but one is a demand, then there is a meet of that demand and the resulting offer, but I'm not sure that technically meets the requirement of a contract without acceptance of the offer.
Sure it is. A demand like that is just an offer, which when agreed to is a contract. You and I are talking about me painting your fence. You say how much? I demand $500. You say OK. That’s a contract.

I’m quite sure the CBA requires a contract be signed though, to be enforceable. But the point is that in Edwards’ world, deals are done this way all the time. And you don’t go back on them.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:

Tags
incels outing themselves