Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #221
HighLifeMan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Rotten View Post
i wondered if his stats are a little inflated playing with Stone. For a fifth round pick, he seems like a good choice.

On the WHL website they have him listed at 6'2" and 208 lbs., but on the Flames website they have him at 6' and 195 lbs. Has he shrunk or has he grown?
He started the year on the 2nd line in Brandon actually, and worked his way onto the first line just recently.

Since being put on the first line I believe has actually outproduced Stone ( although not 100% sure )
HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HighLifeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #222
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
He started the year on the 2nd line in Brandon actually, and worked his way onto the first line just recently.

Since being put on the first line I believe has actually outproduced Stone ( although not 100% sure )
He has 2 more goals than Stone, but 8 less assists than him.

Not too bad for a 5th rounder.

But to be fair, Stone hasn't been too bad for Ottawa either (especially for a 6th rounder).
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #223
jkstuart12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Just a heads up. Ortio is getting his first start of the season with the Heat tonight.
jkstuart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #224
Johnny Rotten
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Two goals so far for Nemisz tonight against Oklahoma. Tied at three in the second.

Last edited by Johnny Rotten; 11-05-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Johnny Rotten is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Rotten For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2011, 10:25 PM   #225
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bartschi with assists on all 3 Portland goals tonight in their 3-1 win over Kelowna.

The guy has been the first star in the majority of the games he's played this season.

Last edited by Ashasx; 11-05-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2011, 10:29 PM   #226
Beerfest
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ferland had two assists in a 4-3 loss.
Brossoit made 23 saves on 24 shots in a 4-1 win.
Elson had two goals in a 4-3 win.
Leach had an assist in a 4-3 loss.
Bartschi had 3 assists in a 3-1 win.
Holland had an assist in a 4-1 win.
Reinhart was -1 in a 4-3 loss.
Wotherspoon was +1 in a 3-1 win.

Last edited by Beerfest; 11-05-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Beerfest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Beerfest For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #227
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brule scores the winner for the Barons on a PP in OT.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #228
Beerfest
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The Heat lose 4-3 in overtime

Heat goals

Walter from Kolanos and Rheault
Nemisz
Nemisz from Mikkelson and Sylvester

Ortio - 20 saves on 24 shots.

Last edited by Beerfest; 11-05-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Beerfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #229
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfest View Post
The Heat lose 4-3 in overtime

Heat goals

Walter from Kolanos and Rheault
Nemisz
Nemisz from Mikkelson and Sylvester

Ortio - 20 saves on 24 shots.
Just got back from the game.

I don't wanna talk much about it because I'm furious about the diving, whining, embellishing POS baby Oilers. The Heat virtually spent the entire 1st period on the PK.

I don't blame the Heat at all for this loss. They played very very well.

That Byron, Nemisz, Sylvester line did great. Byron has this way of knowing where the puck is going to be passed and he is ALWAYS in the passing lanes, intercepting the puck several times during the game.

Seriously folks, Nemisz has improved enormously from last season. He was good last year. Reliable for Playfair and all. But this year, he is a beast. He's far more aggressive, poised along the boards, always has his head up and in the play, and makes passes even the best playmakers on the team can't. I'm not saying this because my favourite prospect, I'm saying this because I can see his potential and he has grown as one of the team's most valuable all round players. He's really developing into a true power forward.

I really hate saying this, but Ortio pulled a Luongo on two of the four goals. He was on his stomach and made little effort to get back up.

Heat really really should have won this game.

Also, there were a few scouts at today's game. The same Florida scout that used to work for the Flames. I forgot his name.

Oh, and did I mention... the baby Oilers are whiny, diving, embellishing transvestite hookers.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2011, 11:20 PM   #230
thymebalm
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I listened to the game while following the WHL scoresheets tonight.

I felt like it was probably a game that the Heat deserved to win. I'm really stoked on Nemisz. The best thing about the mold they are making for him is it includes time on the PK, PP and EV.

Ferland has a chance to finish the year first in scoring. He's got quite a challenge to pass Etem, but his consistency is very refreshing. Bartschi would probably be in the lead already if it weren't for that hip injury.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:32 PM   #231
Jaybird
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post

I don't wanna talk much about it because I'm furious about the diving, whining, embellishing POS baby Oilers. The Heat virtually spent the entire 1st period on the PK.

I don't blame the Heat at all for this loss. They played very very well.

That Byron, Nemisz, Sylvester line did great. Byron has this way of knowing where the puck is going to be passed and he is ALWAYS in the passing lanes, intercepting the puck several times during the game.

Seriously folks, Nemisz has improved enormously from last season. He was good last year. Reliable for Playfair and all. But this year, he is a beast. He's far more aggressive, poised along the boards, always has his head up and in the play, and makes passes even the best playmakers on the team can't. I'm not saying this because my favourite prospect, I'm saying this because I can see his potential and he has grown as one of the team's most valuable all round players. He's really developing into a true power forward.

I really hate saying this, but Ortio pulled a Luongo on two of the four goals. He was on his stomach and made little effort to get back up.

Heat really really should have won this game.

Also, there were a few scouts at today's game. The same Florida scout that used to work for the Flames. I forgot his name.

Oh, and did I mention... the baby Oilers are whiny, diving, embellishing transvestite hookers.

I agree, a lot of whining and embellishment but some weak reactions from the ref as well.
I like Nemo, definite improvement. He gets a ton of ice time so he should be improving though. Byron is great as well, very smart but I think he gets pushed off the puck a fair bit (IMO)...maybe his size?
There are few guys that get a lot of ice time and they are not producing much. I don't like to mention names when being critical but if you get that much ice time you should be improving.
Thought the fourth line had some strong moments....think that was Wahl, Patterson and Armstrong....should have played them more. I think I saw about three shifts a period for them!!! Patterson was a force on penalty kill last year with several shorties yet I don't think he has been on the pk this year.
Listened to the coach being interviewed and was not impressed with some of the stuff he said. I think he may be feeling some strain. Their is a fair bit of talent on this team and hopefully he can figure a way to get more consistency.
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:39 PM   #232
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

The line on Nemisz has always been that he's a heart and soul player that knows how to win, and by golly, wouldn't it be great if he could get mean? It sounds like he's finding that next gear, and it's really heartening to hear.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:20 AM   #233
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Al Tuer?

Utah has its 7 game winning streak snapped as Stockon beats them 3-2 tonight.

John Negrin was -2 in the game and picked up a PP assist in the 2nd.

Justin Dowling had the other helper on the PP goal in the 2nd and was also -1.

Last edited by Drake; 11-06-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #234
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I have to admit, I was unsure of Nemisz a little last year. He started to drift into a 3rd line grinder in my mind. Listening to you talk about him though, he starts to sound like the 1A/2 forward 20 goal scorer we've been hoping he'd end up as.

I honestly think he'll be the first call up if a non-energy player goes down. Are you getting a similar feeling out of him?
Old 11-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #235
Savvy27
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Holy crap.. Etem is on pace to score 111 goals!!!?

Baertschi is scoring at a clip that would be good for 2nd in the WHL. 2 Flames prospects in the top 5 isn't bad.
Savvy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #236
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
I have to admit, I was unsure of Nemisz a little last year. He started to drift into a 3rd line grinder in my mind. Listening to you talk about him though, he starts to sound like the 1A/2 forward 20 goal scorer we've been hoping he'd end up as.

I honestly think he'll be the first call up if a non-energy player goes down. Are you getting a similar feeling out of him?
I don't agree with the comparisons to Moss. Let's put it that way.

I think he's much more dynamic on the offensive end of the ice than simply standing in front of the net, battling it out, and hoping for a tip-in as Moss does.

But that's not to say Nemisz doesn't do that either. Last night he scored a goal standing in front of the net.

At this point, I'd probably project him to be a top 6 forward.

Also, he may not be mean/aggressive in his personality, but he sure as hell plays that way. He is always level headed. Never gets down on himself and never gets angry to the point where he'll slam his stick or yell.

I'm not claiming to be a pro scout or anything, but I can't see any obvious flaws in his game at this point.

BTW, he's tied for the team lead in points and goals (5 goals, 11 points in 12 games).

Here's the best part and everyone should keep this in mind: Last year it could be argued that Nemisz was simply the best player on a crappy, low scoring team. This year, there are several high offensive players on the team and he's one of the best at it. That shows last year simply wasn't a fluke. He can emerge as a great player on both a crappy and very good team.

EDIT - ... and yes, it was Florida scout Al Tuer at the game last night. My guess is he's on a few week scouting assignment from Florida because he's been here the last few home games which have spanned over a two or three weeks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #237
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Here's the best part and everyone should keep this in mind: Last year it could be argued that Nemisz was simply the best player on a crappy, low scoring team. This year, there are several high offensive players on the team and he's one of the best at it. That shows last year simply wasn't a fluke. He can emerge as a great player on both a crappy and very good team.
The description you give seems to remind me of Andrew Ladd with a little less skill and less physicality.

Wonder if that's just me liking Nemisz and Ladd or if that's actually a decent way to look at it...
Old 11-07-2011, 08:19 AM   #238
flamesaresmokin
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
The description you give seems to remind me of Andrew Ladd with a little less skill and less physicality.

Wonder if that's just me liking Nemisz and Ladd or if that's actually a decent way to look at it...
Agreed. Great to see the kid taking another step forward. Hopefully he'll be in line for a call up mid season if he keeps this going (especially if the flames don't improve).

I can't remember a time when flames forward prospects have looked as good as they do now - Ferland, Bartschi, rheinhart, arnold and gaudreau all seem to be excelling.
flamesaresmokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #239
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Nemisz is making a few current Flames expendable. Can't wait until next year when I think he'll make the bigs for good.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #240
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesaresmokin View Post
Agreed. Great to see the kid taking another step forward. Hopefully he'll be in line for a call up mid season if he keeps this going (especially if the flames don't improve).

I can't remember a time when flames forward prospects have looked as good as they do now - Ferland, Bartschi, rheinhart, arnold and gaudreau all seem to be excelling.
i might be wrong, but i think holland should be on that list also.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:

Tags
go flames go! , oilers suck , prospects