Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2021, 02:26 PM   #181
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Tkachuk's "immaturity" or whatever also creates a lot of powerplays for the Flames.

Oh, I'm sorry, he's causing them "fatigue."

The chances on the powerplay should more than make up for having to enter a scrum.

Aside from that, it's not like most of the roster is doing anything else with all that energy that want to save. So who knows, maybe just buck up, let the kid play his game, and do your job?

If (and it's a big if) any players wanted Tkachuk to cool it because it was making it harder to focus on their game, fine. But now Tkachuk is considerably "cooled," so where are these guys? If you don't want Tkachuk bringing his game, you better bring yours to make up for it, and I'm not really seeing it from anyone.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2021, 02:26 PM   #182
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Guy comes into your building, beats you, then blatantly disrespects you after the game is done and fans here criticize Tkachuk for throwing a tantrum and pouting? You can’t be serious. And don’t give me this “Tkachuk does this all the time” crap either. I have not once seen Tkachuk do anything like that after a game, and especially not after he won a game.

Get real. Tkachuk reacted appropriately. What’s he supposed to do? Sit there and take it like a bitch? Give me a break with this “Tkachuk temper tantrum” nonsense. Some of you guys have a really poor perspective on these things. I fear our leadership shares this poor perspective.
He's supposed to not let the other team know they got under his skin. He's supposed to turn the other cheek for now, and know that when he gets his chance down the road he's going to really stick it to Muzzin (and the Leafs) when it hurts the most.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:31 PM   #183
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Guy comes into your building, beats you, then blatantly disrespects you after the game is done and fans here criticize Tkachuk for throwing a tantrum and pouting? You can’t be serious. And don’t give me this “Tkachuk does this all the time” crap either. I have not once seen Tkachuk do anything like that after a game, and especially not after he won a game.

Get real. Tkachuk reacted appropriately. What’s he supposed to do? Sit there and take it like a bitch? Give me a break with this “Tkachuk temper tantrum” nonsense. Some of you guys have a really poor perspective on these things. I fear our leadership shares this poor perspective.
“You disrespected me” is kind of a useless concept IMO. Muzzin accomplished exactly what he wanted, in a game where Tkachuk had taken his own liberties. Tkachuk lost his cool, just like Kassian or Doughty when Tkachuk provoked them.

How to take it? Shrug it off like it’s nothing, which it was. Get back to business. Or get mad, but don’t blame guys who didn’teven see it and were down the tunnel for not having your back.

Anything like this can be overdone. It happened with Marchand, where he got too much into the role.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2021, 02:32 PM   #184
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Get out your tiki torches and pitchforks....its all Tkachuk and his antics.

Wow....never thought I'd see the day #19 would be getting run out of town.
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EVERLAST For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2021, 02:32 PM   #185
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
He's supposed to not let the other team know they got under his skin. He's supposed to turn the other cheek for now, and know that when he gets his chance down the road he's going to really stick it to Muzzin (and the Leafs) when it hurts the most.
Absolutely, but I also think you have to stand up for yourself in the moment too. That’s not only a shot at Tkachuk but a shot at his team too. You have to have some pride for yourself and your team. Don’t let people walk on you like that.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:37 PM   #186
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Absolutely, but I also think you have to stand up for yourself in the moment too. That’s not only a shot at Tkachuk but a shot at his team too. You have to have some pride for yourself and your team. Don’t let people walk on you like that.
It was an overreaction and non-Flames fans were highly amused, and I bet Muzzin was too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2021, 02:42 PM   #187
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
It was an overreaction and non-Flames fans were highly amused, and I bet Muzzin was too.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2021, 02:42 PM   #188
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post

Huh? Who’s running him out of town? He went overboard. Nothing more, nothing less. The team needs to meet in the middle. Can’t have guys going nuts and dramatic, and you also have have guys sitting on their butts. There’s plenty of things going wrong but nobody is running him out of town.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:43 PM   #189
dieHARDflameZ
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know, I think firing the puck right back at Muzzin would have been an appropriate response.
dieHARDflameZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:44 PM   #190
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Huh? Who’s running him out of town? He went overboard. Nothing more, nothing less. The team needs to meet in the middle. Can’t have guys going nuts and dramatic, and you also have have guys sitting on their butts. There’s plenty of things going wrong but nobody is running him out of town.
Starting to see a lot more fans on this site suggest he is movable.

Considering this team has lacked any emotion this year we need more of Tkachuk doing this type of stuff in my opinion. Just like the Bennett fight on Saturday he is desperately trying to get his team into the emotional part of the game (that’s why I thought Tkachuk had a big response to that fight occurring)
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:45 PM   #191
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Well that settles it then.
Because non Flames fans really have unbiased opinions on what Tkachuk does.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:45 PM   #192
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieHARDflameZ View Post
I don't know, I think firing the puck right back at Muzzin would have been an appropriate response.
Certainly. But if you missed, then chased it, tried to fire it again, tried one more time, failed, then slammed your stick about the whole ordeal, people would think that was a little excessive.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:46 PM   #193
dieHARDflameZ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Certainly. But if you missed, then chased it, tried to fire it again, tried one more time, failed, then slammed your stick about the whole ordeal, people would think that was a little excessive.
Of course. It would be hilarious to watch though.
dieHARDflameZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dieHARDflameZ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2021, 02:46 PM   #194
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post

Who the hell is doing that? Suggesting the player has some learning to do and needs some coaching is now running a player out of town? Tkachuk needs some love - some tough love - from the coaches to help him channel his energy in ways that help the team win. Freaking the #### out after the final buzzer because someone tried to get inside your head (mission accomplished) by flipping a puck at you is the exact stuff he needs to learn to let go. Take a number and make the idiot pay the next time you play that team. Muzzin is now leasing space inside Matty's head, and he knows it. This is just the opposite of the Doughty shenanigans.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2021, 02:47 PM   #195
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:
Default "They loved me once."

Sorry if this has been posted already. Tkachuk talks about the criticism he's getting from Flames fans. https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/they-lo...-media~2143765

Quote:
"I hear everybody wants me gone"
Quote:
"I just need to start playing better"
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:48 PM   #196
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieHARDflameZ View Post
He actually tried (see the video above).

I kinda forgot that this was an extra man situation so the personnel on the ice were tough guys Monahan, Gaudreau, Lindholm, Gio (who could have broken a hip) and a’m not sure who the 6th guys was. Not exactly the guys you want in your brawl.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:49 PM   #197
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Who the hell is doing that? Suggesting the player has some learning to do and needs some coaching is now running a player out of town? Tkachuk needs some love - some tough love - from the coaches to help him channel his energy in ways that help the team win. Freaking the #### out after the final buzzer because someone tried to get inside your head (mission accomplished) by flipping a puck at you is the exact stuff he needs to learn to let go. Take a number and make the idiot pay the next time you play that team. Muzzin is now leasing space inside Matty's head, and he knows it. This is just the opposite of the Doughty shenanigans.
Except Doughty came back the next game and played great, and the Kings won.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:49 PM   #198
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I only want him gone if a similar aged #1C is coming back for him.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:49 PM   #199
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Or maybe Matthew has some maturity issues? Matty needs to lean some stuff. Pick your spots. Know when to play dirty and when to stir #### up. Know when to riot and know when to protest in silence. Know that when you do stupid #### you are asking your team mates to take a punch in the face for you. Your team mates are going to get tired of such behaviors if you ask them too often. Matthew has some growing up to do because what he does is a double edged sword. It fires up the opposition to make him look stupid, and it causes his own team to build "Tkachuk fatigue." The last thing we need is that fatigue building. I believe that is the message that was sent to him and now he's pouting.
He's a young player leading a team and playing an emotional style of game.
It's not going to go over perfectly all the time, but his maturity actually seems quite high for his age and better than most of his teamates.

He will make mistakes but the last thing you want to do is neuter a player like this and destroy the upside with the down.

It's no different than forcing a gifted scorer to become too defensive.
You want to be careful not to force the strengths right out of their game, finding the perfect balance takes time.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:49 PM   #200
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Starting to see a lot more fans on this site suggest he is movable.

Considering this team has lacked any emotion this year we need more of Tkachuk doing this type of stuff in my opinion. Just like the Bennett fight on Saturday he is desperately trying to get his team into the emotional part of the game
If I’m being honest there’s no true franchise player on the team. So what makes him unmovable? I like his unique skill set. It’s a throwback to the 80s. But if the team “identity” is bigger players with high end speed as your top line players in the future and you don’t see a fit as a player paid a lot, then you move him. I don’t think that will be the case at all but he’s not untradeable considering he’s not a high end franchise player like McKinnon or McDavid. And to be clear, I’m not advocating they deal him.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
matthew , tkachuk