Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:
Thumbs up Anyone watch House tonight?

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE EPISODE YET

Wow, what an episode! I had an inkling that House and Thirteen were going to alone with the hostage taker, but I did not see Thirteen regaining her will to fight her Huntington's, nor the whole Cuddy/House relationship thing seemingly taking a step forward(?).

That had action, and plenty of House's classic wit. I like!

Although, I still am really baffled as to House giving the gun back to the guy. That seems so unplausible, that I couldn't even fathom House doing it to get a diagnosis.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:14 PM   #2
JD
First Line Centre

Exp:

House is such a great show.

Unfortunately I only caught the first half before I had to head off to the Flames game, but it was definitely setting itself up to be a great episode! Your spoilers actually don't even mean anything to me despite seeing the first half hour.
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:29 PM   #3
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post

Although, I still am really baffled as to House giving the gun back to the guy. That seems so unplausible, that I couldn't even fathom House doing it to get a diagnosis.
Really? Based on everything we've seen from the character from the beginning of the series, he'll do anything required to properly diagnose a patient. Anything. So I didn't find that surpising at all.

Good show, though, one of the better House's.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:54 AM   #4
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
but I did not see Thirteen regaining her will to fight her Huntington's,
Really? That the clinical trial was mentioned earlier in the episode was a dead giveaway that she'd be joining up for it at some point.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:55 AM   #5
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
Really? Based on everything we've seen from the character from the beginning of the series, he'll do anything required to properly diagnose a patient. Anything. So I didn't find that surpising at all.
And obviously if the patient no longer had the gun then House couldn't stop the SWAT team from heading in and taking the guy out before he could diagnose him.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:38 AM   #6
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

The whole "Sam and Diane" storyline is getting old for me, but then that storyline gets old for me quickly in every show - like Bones for example. Just knock boots already so the writers can move on to something more interesting. At least we got a new sub plot this week - 13 has a will to live.

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice
FurnaceFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:40 AM   #7
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Seriously, Chase and whatshername girl...Cameron - they appear so little now that I can't even remember they are in the show at all. Hilarious how they just got bumped off like that.

They can't be happy about it, anybody hear anything from the actors regarding how little screentime they get and how irrelevant they are to the story they are now?
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:15 AM   #8
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
They can't be happy about it, anybody hear anything from the actors regarding how little screentime they get and how irrelevant they are to the story they are now?
What are they going to do about it? There's one irreplaceable actor on the show and it isn't either one of them. If they left, it wouldn't affect the show's ratings at all. Besides, they had a decent storyline going on for the episode with the guy who wouldn't leave his house.

Right now there isn't anything fresh that they can provide to the storyline. But down the road, there might be something there might be a storyline with them that is fresh for the show.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #9
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Seriously, Chase and whatshername girl...Cameron - they appear so little now that I can't even remember they are in the show at all. Hilarious how they just got bumped off like that.

Who cares.

It's a much better show to his helpers to shuffle. In reality House would drive those guys bonkers and they would grow tired of him after a while, and that's what happened. I couldn't care less if they feel sad because of it.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #10
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

I have the feeling that Foreman is going to get his own diagnostic department in the hospital, and that Chase and Cameron are going to be working for him.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:32 AM   #11
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
I have the feeling that Foreman is going to get his own diagnostic department in the hospital, and that Chase and Cameron are going to be working for him.
Spin-off! Spin-off! YAAAAA

I dont think they should, but with the popularity of the show and how they make spin-offs for anything that is mildly popular these days i'm surprised they havent yet.
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #12
RubberDuck
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I now have a huge crush on 13. I used to question who is the hotter woman on that show but for some reason last nights episode just put her way over the top for me. I have been thinking about her all morning and I can't remember a TV personality having an effect on me like that before. I'll shut up now before I start getting stalker comments.
RubberDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #13
REDVAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberDuck View Post
I now have a huge crush on 13. I used to question who is the hotter woman on that show but for some reason last nights episode just put her way over the top for me. I have been thinking about her all morning and I can't remember a TV personality having an effect on me like that before. I'll shut up now before I start getting stalker comments.
I don't agree, she doesn't do it for me.

And I also don't agree that last nights episode was any good. I thought that it was just a little too unbelievable, and just too dumb. Was not really a fan of it, other than it broke the traditional repetitive episode style.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #14
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I won't be happy with this show until Stephen Fry appears on it. I mean, he guested on Bones for a few episodes. He could have just walked across the lot to appear on house?

Fry and Laurie must reunite! (for ultimate justice)
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:15 PM   #15
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I won't be happy with this show until Stephen Fry appears on it. I mean, he guested on Bones for a few episodes. He could have just walked across the lot to appear on house?
lol, you make it sound so easy.

http://www.fox.com/video/index.htm?c...n_fry_int_high
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:19 PM   #16
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
If your trying to decide between Chase and Cameron, its a pretty close call. In fact they look almost identical. Probably why they made Cameron dye her hair.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #17
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
If your trying to decide between Chase and Cameron, its a pretty close call. In fact they look almost identical. Probably why they made Cameron dye her hair.
Cameron's personality drives me up the wall. She's nice to the point of being vindictive about it. That's not nice anymore, that's manipulative.

Mind you... considering her ex-boss...

Anyway, this is all moot because Cuddy is the hottest woman on the show!
Old 11-26-2008, 03:44 PM   #18
Slanter
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I'm not quite sure what this says about you, considering that she spent most of the episode looking like she'd been beaten like a rented mule.
Slanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:48 PM   #19
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanter View Post
I'm not quite sure what this says about you, considering that she spent most of the episode looking like she'd been beaten like a rented mule.
For the record, the only thing better than a mule is a rented mule imo.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #20
RubberDuck
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanter View Post
Yeah she looked rough a few times but I think it was not necessarily her appearance but her vulnerability that made her seem so attractive. She is usually so cold that it was just more appealing to see her act human.

Her lesbian encounters from previous episodes haven't hurt my impression of her either
RubberDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
house , series , television