Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2022, 12:31 PM   #1701
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
Umm… what?
In the kid's defense, he was really really eager to learn what it was like to get hit by a car. I say good on Puxlut for making that kid's dreams come true.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 10:23 PM   #1702
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Canna Cabana not only wants to verify my identity, but also requires me to upload a picture of my government issued ID.

How, exactly, is this better than ordering through the AB site?

I'm guessing any retailer wanting to offer online delivery will refine their process over time. However, when I can order alcohol over Skip the Dishes with nothing more than a credit card this seems invasive and unnecessary.

The transition to private online retailers has been a complete failure, IMO.

EDIT: After contacting customer service, it also appears they require a "selfie" to verify it's you. Why isn't a presentation of my ID at the door or at pick-up sufficient? This is weird.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran

Last edited by Yamer; 03-24-2022 at 10:33 PM.
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 11:56 PM   #1703
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I have zero knowledge in this area. I am not big into inhaling combusted products into my lungs or anything potentially carcinogenic. What options are the healthiest? Edibles?
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 08:52 AM   #1704
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
I have zero knowledge in this area. I am not big into inhaling combusted products into my lungs or anything potentially carcinogenic. What options are the healthiest? Edibles?
Capsules are the best and way better value than edibles like chocolate, candy, etc. Start small with 2.5mg microdoses, allow two hours to hit, and work your way up from there to find the right dose for you. I like around 10mg personally. That wouldn't be like busting a gut laughing stoned. More like chill and you wouldn't even know I was high. When I want to get messed 15mg will usually do the trick.

Capsules require pre-planning is the big thing. Nothing beats smoking a joint for an immediate high. Straight up, then a pretty noticeable burnout period. Capsules gradually take you up and then gradually back down with a nice, sustained peak.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 08:54 AM   #1705
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

For a capsule recommendation, I like Daily Specials. Usually pretty easy to find. The ones I buy are 4.4mg, so typically I'll have two or three of those. Not sure if they come in 2.5mg concentrations.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 07:06 AM   #1706
CM ONE
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I just bought a mini can of infused sparkling water that was 10mg. I'm the same as Sliver where I have settled on 10mg as just the right amount and that drink was perfect. The size of a mini coke can. Usually I buy a 500mg shatter bar and each square is 20 and I just break those in half. You can eat one block if you want to go hard lol. I don't smoke at all either so I've found these to be great options.
CM ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 08:46 AM   #1707
Guest1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
Umm… what?
Sorry.. musta been high when I typed that… I helped a kid AFTER he got hit by a car.
He was crossing at Anderson and Acadia. Came whipping out from behind the trees into the turnoff lane in the NE corner. Driver had no time to stop. Kid bounced on to the hood of the car and rolled off.
I got a “prescription” from Revolution medical and order my capsules online through Spectrum Theraputics. But the leaf is cheaper to buy from a store. Same with chocolate and drinks.
I noticed the new verification… I won’t shop there because I can’t pre-shop online.
Old 03-26-2022, 09:48 AM   #1708
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm personally a fan of the weed vape pens, but prior to that edibles were my go to. Birch and fog (online site) has a great selection of gummies and chocolates, if you can find their fudge (250mg in a small chunk of fudge) it's the absolute best. Like Sliver said, 2.5mg is a good starting point. I would personally start at 5mg but when you're finding your tolerance less is always more. I used to take 10mg to help me sleep at night and I was never completely stoned out of my tree, the most I've ever had was probably around 30mg and yeah that was the full blown giggles stoned.
PaperBagger'14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 01:09 PM   #1709
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Happy 420 CP!

Lots of sales out there, it's like Black Friday for weed!
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aaronck For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2022, 01:36 PM   #1710
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

Was just going to bump this thread as well.
I rolled up some indica from the Organic Dutchman, LA Confidential, nice strain.
Enjoy!
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 01:52 PM   #1711
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

ordered some tinctures, buy 3 get 1 free delivered to my office in less than 2 hours. MERICA!
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 03:50 PM   #1712
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1516876146238967810
Old 04-21-2022, 11:18 AM   #1713
fulham
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Cannabis legalization has changed my life. It has led to me stop drinking to excess.

Ive not great at dealing with the stress, I used to drink 3-5 beers after work(473ml tall cans) I got used to feeling kinda crummy in the AM, and was embarrassed that as a big health guy I knew damm well what I was doing to myself. I had 3-5 beers everyday for 3 years.

Ive switched to the Mollo's and Bedfellows 5mg and 10mg beverages and its been a game changer.

Its still a crutch I wish I didn't have; but I've dropped 10lbs in 6 months(Mollo's or bedfellows are between 30-100 cals vs up to 450 for an IPA), and the peace of mind knowing that im not actively killing myself is nice.

Ive moved onto an occasional joint as well, and i'll never go back to casually drinking.

As far as a local craft LP id look into Sugarbud, their based just south of Calgary.

ValueBuds is my go to, however since the Sundial take-over they will usually suggest one of sundial's imo sub-par products.
fulham is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fulham For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2022, 01:34 PM   #1714
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Any time someone has a substance abuse problem I always think to myself "damn, just smoke some weed already." I rarely say it, but I always think it.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2022, 02:44 PM   #1715
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulham View Post
Cannabis legalization has changed my life. It has led to me stop drinking to excess.

Ive not great at dealing with the stress, I used to drink 3-5 beers after work(473ml tall cans) I got used to feeling kinda crummy in the AM, and was embarrassed that as a big health guy I knew damm well what I was doing to myself. I had 3-5 beers everyday for 3 years.

Ive switched to the Mollo's and Bedfellows 5mg and 10mg beverages and its been a game changer.

Its still a crutch I wish I didn't have; but I've dropped 10lbs in 6 months(Mollo's or bedfellows are between 30-100 cals vs up to 450 for an IPA), and the peace of mind knowing that im not actively killing myself is nice.

Ive moved onto an occasional joint as well, and i'll never go back to casually drinking.

As far as a local craft LP id look into Sugarbud, their based just south of Calgary.

ValueBuds is my go to, however since the Sundial take-over they will usually suggest one of sundial's imo sub-par products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
Any time someone has a substance abuse problem I always think to myself "damn, just smoke some weed already." I rarely say it, but I always think it.
I've been trying in vain to substitute my alcohol consumption with cannabis, and I think the difficulty stems from the unpredictability of cannabis, especially when ingested.

If you're not used to it, or not educated on strains and strengths, smoking can be a jarring and very uncomfortable experience. Or you might just get a headache. Fine-tuning can be a frustrating process, and after about 2 years of trying different things I'm just starting to find what works and what doesn't for me, however trying to find stock of the flower I prefer is still a significant problem.

Oils, capsules, and edibles are a completely different animal. A specific brand/strain at a specific strength can give me a range of experiences even under similar circumstances. One night I can take it and mellow out, another I feel nothing, and others it can actually irritate my mood. Whereas I know exactly how much vodka will elicit which reactions and experiences. If I want to blow off steam it's a challenge to roll the dice with any particular edible when I can control precisely the experience I get with alcohol.

No question, a delightful experience with cannabis is infinitely more enjoyable and healthier with little to no hang-over effects. The problem is cannabis' inconsistency. At least in my experience.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2022, 02:57 PM   #1716
OptimalTates
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Oils, capsules, and edibles are a completely different animal. A specific brand/strain at a specific strength can give me a range of experiences even under similar circumstances. One night I can take it and mellow out, another I feel nothing, and others it can actually irritate my mood.
This has also become a big issue for me now that I've increased my tolerance so much since legalization. I use to think, and still do a bit, that it was an issue with oils having the THC component concentrate together so I started shaking the bottle up before use but even as you said with capsules it's hard to estimate now. 60 mg of THC from capsules can now leave me feeling only slightly high, have the desired effects, or require me to sleep in another room because I thought my bed was trying to drag me to hell.
OptimalTates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 03:27 PM   #1717
CroCop
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

My Son (22 years old), occasionally vapes cannabis. He last took a dose on April 20th lol. Before that was couple days previous. He now is required to take a prerequisite drug test this Friday for a new summer job. What are the chances they find trace of this in urine test?
CroCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 03:41 PM   #1718
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
My Son (22 years old), occasionally vapes cannabis. He last took a dose on April 20th lol. Before that was couple days previous. He now is required to take a prerequisite drug test this Friday for a new summer job. What are the chances they find trace of this in urine test?
Pretty big.

Better get him a test pure kit.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2022, 03:43 PM   #1719
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324315
keratosis is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to keratosis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2022, 05:42 PM   #1720
Guest1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
I heard up to a month. Go to the dollar store and pick up a Cannabis Test? They are right by the pregnancy tests down the makeup/shampoo/first aid aisle at Dollarama.
Maybe copious amounts of water to flush it out? https://theislandnow.com/blog-112/ho...ests-for-weed/ This website says lemon water, cranberry juice....
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: