Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 12:02 AM   #5641
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I went over to my folks house for dinner, and my sister who has never followed hockey and my brother in law who says he doesn't follow hockey turned on the Oilers game tonight, and when the Oilers scored to tie it 3-3 my sister does this fist pump.

I guess my brother in law noticed my look of disgust and they're cheering for the Oilers because they want a Canadian team to win the cup.

I guess I had an even more visceral reaction because asked me why I'm not cheering for the Oilers with the Flames out and I responded that I would rather insert needles in my eyes then cheer for the team to the North.

They then asked if I was cheering for Ottawa and I told them that I basically want all of the Canadian teams out.

They then asked about the Leafs because they're a young team and so much fun to watch.

So I took my dinner and ate outside because . . . disgusting.
Respect.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Love For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 01:16 AM   #5642
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsAnOutrage View Post
How many times did the Challenger explode before Lance Armstrong got to the moon?
You win the internet

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fozzie_DeBear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 09:49 PM   #5643
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stay classy, Oilers.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3422085/fe...commodate-men/
Old 05-02-2017, 10:18 PM   #5644
Burner
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
oxymoron
The Following User Says Thank You to Burner For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 10:25 PM   #5645
Steve Bozek
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well at least they've started using the toilets. There were some earlier posts about the bad smells around the new arena.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Bozek For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 11:27 PM   #5646
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
For anyone who doesn't like clicking on links, the Oilers converted a Women's bathroom into a men's bathroom because men complained the wait time for the washroom was too long.

And the Oilers would never fake a microphone malfunction, obviously.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:52 PM   #5647
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, stay classy Edmonton. Too funny their brand new almost $600M arena has 30 minute toilet lines.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:40 AM   #5648
shadowlord
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Yeah, stay classy Edmonton. Too funny their brand new almost $600M arena has 30 minute toilet lines.
You'd think after 10 years of playoff-free hockey, Kevin Lowe and the Oilers organization would know a thing or two about flushing seasons down the toilet, if there's ever a concern.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shadowlord For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2017, 07:19 AM   #5649
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
That's pretty inexcusable IMO. It looks like Katz dictated a design to maximize revenue potential at the expense of fan access to washrooms. Nice arena but if the washroom lines are bigger than Rexall place it's a huge fail at the end of the day.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:31 AM   #5650
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've said it before, but washrooms on a square footage and cost basis are a pretty solid investment in a new arena. Even if it is already built - sacrifice a couple of crappy concessions for more washrooms and everyone will have a better time and (most importantly) eat & drink more.

How they bungled it this bad would be a good question if we didn't already know that E=NG
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2017, 07:57 AM   #5651
GC91
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

When we build our arena in Calgary, the toilets will be built into the seat. Just flip the seat cushion and badaboom badabing you never miss a second of the action....
Old 05-03-2017, 08:04 AM   #5652
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
I've said it before, but washrooms on a square footage and cost basis are a pretty solid investment in a new arena. Even if it is already built - sacrifice a couple of crappy concessions for more washrooms and everyone will have a better time and (most importantly) eat & drink more.

How they bungled it this bad would be a good question if we didn't already know that E=NG
The funniest part is they actually have quite a few washrooms per person. They just made a whole bunch of them inaccessible to the plebs in the cheaper seats.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:32 AM   #5653
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffins View Post
The funniest part is they actually have quite a few washrooms per person. They just made a whole bunch of them inaccessible to the plebs in the cheaper seats.
The funniest part is this:

Quote:
The Oilers Entertainment group attempted to cut down on the wait times by adding a staff member to the washrooms to help point out empty stalls and putting sticks on the floor to assist fans in knowing where to line up.

E truly is NG

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2017, 08:40 AM   #5654
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

The people who largely paid for the arena arent deigned worthy enough to be in it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 05-03-2017, 09:14 AM   #5655
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

They also removed a bunch of washrooms from the corporate boxes in the move from rexall, making you leave your box to take a leak and missing more of the game at rogers. crazy.

you would think that with the oilers' focus on cha-chinging edmontonians for as much loot as possible, someone would have recognized that what goes in also must come out, and therefore people stop buying food and drink because they don't want to miss any of the game.

also e=ng.

Last edited by McG; 05-03-2017 at 09:17 AM.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:16 AM   #5656
shadowlord
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm sure all those fans who were sold mezzanine-access only ticket with no seats are adding to the problem. Talk about obviously poor planning by the Oilers organization to sell the tickets... It's not like the bathroom problems were unknown during the regular season.

Sent from my LG-V522 using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2017, 09:17 AM   #5657
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffins View Post
Tier number 2 fans has a whole new meaning.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2017, 09:51 AM   #5658
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

The gal in the video "I had to walk 3/4 of the way around the arena to the other bathroom". If only she had walked the other direction she could have saved a ton of time. If I was at an event that was 90% women and bathrooms were 50/50, I would understand if they went 75/25 women and have no complaints (unless it was in a brand new stadium). I really hope the flames are taking note of all the blips they are facing with their new arena so that we can get ours right.
As Ducay said above, if you want me to spend my money at the rink, get me in and out of the bathroom asap. If I am in line all intermission to go to the bathroom then I will hope a beer guy walks the aisle.
Get me in and out with lots of time to spare and I am buying food and drink each intermission.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2017, 09:56 AM   #5659
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlord View Post
I'm sure all those fans who were sold mezzanine-access only ticket with no seats are adding to the problem. Talk about obviously poor planning by the Oilers organization to sell the tickets... It's not like the bathroom problems were unknown during the regular season.

Sent from my LG-V522 using Tapatalk
Its funniest because it isnt a secret.

Not 'Edmonton Specific' but as stupid as it sounds, bathrooms are probably #1 on the list of every major construction.

Seriously, if you're going to cram thousands of people into a confined area then some basic needs are going to have to be met.

And anyone who has ever designed a building knows it. You dont even need to be a designer or an architect, just common sense.

That building holds what? ~20,000? Give or take? Add staff and support and its bigger than a small town and its function is to host an event and then 90% of it ancillary function is eating and drinking.

Well, it doesnt take Einstein to figure out that ~20,000 people eating and drinking for ~3-5 hours is going to have some fairly basic bodily consequences and theres nowhere else to go (other than the alleys apparently).

This is 'Event Centre Design 101.'

So its kind of weird that whenever its discussed the #1 priority tends to be 'bathrooms' but when you work through it, it tends to make a lot of sense.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2017, 09:59 AM   #5660
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

What they need to do is sell Edmonton Oiler brand adult diapers and Edmonton Oiler brand Frabreeze with the scent of Connor to solve the problem

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread