Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #2561
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
It is what it is and IMO the latest batch of rookie QB's have been pretty bad outside of Mayfield
Hmmmm... it feels like you're forgetting someone here but I can't quite put my finger on who...

(alright maybe you're not counting Mahomes just because he got one start last year but that seems a bit of a stretch, he's clearly in the "latest batch).
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:51 PM   #2562
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Hmmmm... it feels like you're forgetting someone here but I can't quite put my finger on who...

(alright maybe you're not counting Mahomes just because he got one start last year but that seems a bit of a stretch, he's clearly in the "latest batch).
Even then it's not a great take. Wentz is having a down year after the injury but he was the favourite to win MVP last year before he got hurt. Goff is a legitimate MVP candidate this year, and Trubisky looks to be developing better than expected. Mariota and Winston have been hugely disappointing and the jury is still out Darnold, Allen, and Jackson.

EDIT: Bad reading comprehension on my part. Didn't realize EE meant the current class of rookies.

Last edited by rubecube; 12-12-2018 at 10:12 AM.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:43 PM   #2563
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post

He clearly isnt a rookie though, so he doesnt fit the criteria.

I think Josh Allen may have something as well... tough to say when on such an awful team with no weapons at all
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:20 AM   #2564
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some speculation out there that the Eagles might shut Wentz down for the year. Sounds like he's already going to miss the Rams game this weekend with a back injury, and when the Rams win the Eagles are pretty much eliminated, so might as well rest him for the remaining games and see if Foles can perform well enough to get some team to offer a pick for him next year.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:46 PM   #2565
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Browns and Broncos in prime time on Saturday? Was that flexed, or part of the original schedule?

EDIT: yes, flexed:

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/10/...-nfl-schedule/

Last edited by troutman; 12-12-2018 at 02:51 PM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 06:56 PM   #2566
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
The Panthers still have two games with New Orleans who look like they'll need to win out to hold serve in the NFC for top spot, so I don't think they can split let alone sweep the Saints, not twice in three weeks at least. So really their ceiling is 8 wins.
Yeah Saints will be playing hard for sure, Payton has been adamant in letting their mostly young team know the importance of getting a bye, and Saints playoff history statistics when they do versus when they don't. That and they hate the Panthers, only the Falcons are a bigger rivalry. They love getting after Cam Newton, they'll be fired up.

I'm not as concerned with sealing up the #1 spot as I am top 2 in general. I actually don't mind their chances in a potential NFC Championship Game in sunny L.A. The Bears unseating them and bumping N.O. to #3 would be a disaster however. Having to win 3 games - including two on the road; 1 most likely at Soldier Field in January - to get to the Super Bowl would be a very tall order.

I can handle not getting #1, maybe because looking at the Rams' much easier remaining schedule I'm almost expecting New Orleans ending up at #2. Just don't let the Bears catch you and bump you out of a bye. With two divisional games remaining and Pittsburgh, it could happen. The Bears remaining schedule is fairly easy. Just go 2-1 at the very least please.

Last edited by Sainters7; 12-12-2018 at 07:02 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:06 PM   #2567
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
I can handle not getting #1, maybe because looking at the Rams' much easier remaining schedule I'm almost expecting New Orleans ending up at #2. Just don't let the Bears catch you and bump you out of a bye. With two divisional games remaining and Pittsburgh, it could happen. The Bears remaining schedule is fairly easy. Just go 2-1 at the very least please.
I think the #1 seed would really benefit the Saints. Really them and New England probably need home field the most. As much as they are an offensive team I think their defense feeds off the energy in that Dome and they can really jump on teams early. Something they really can't generate on the road.

To me the biggest reason why they only have the one Super bowl appearance in the Brees era is that they've had to play on the road in round 2 more often than not. They could go toe to toe in LA with the Rams. But in NOLA I think they can jump on the Rams early and force them into a lot more mistakes.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:00 AM   #2568
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Supposedly the Chiefs will get Eric Berry back tonight. Have to imagine that he'll be a shell of his former self. But to his credit he's already come back from pretty bad injuries two times before this. I don't think there are too many players in the NFL who are better leaders on the defensive side of the ball. I might see someone on the Chiefs actually make a tackle 5 yards past the line of scrimmage for once.

Should be a good game tonight. If the Chiefs win, they're definitely a top 2 seed and in good position to claim the top spot. If they lose, than there is a good chance they could end up in the 5 seed. No team has managed to travel two time zones and win a Thursday night game in the past few years. So the Chargers would be the first to pull it off if they can do it.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:38 AM   #2569
Hockey Fan #751
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I wonder if the Chargers end up hosting a home playoff game, would they be able to sell it out? Like actually sell it out as in people show up.
Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:42 AM   #2570
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 View Post
I wonder if the Chargers end up hosting a home playoff game, would they be able to sell it out? Like actually sell it out as in people show up.
They would get a bunch of fans of their opponent. That should help fill the stadium
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2018, 09:46 AM   #2571
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think the #1 seed would really benefit the Saints. Really them and New England probably need home field the most. As much as they are an offensive team I think their defense feeds off the energy in that Dome and they can really jump on teams early. Something they really can't generate on the road.

To me the biggest reason why they only have the one Super bowl appearance in the Brees era is that they've had to play on the road in round 2 more often than not. They could go toe to toe in LA with the Rams. But in NOLA I think they can jump on the Rams early and force them into a lot more mistakes.
Oh totally agreed, Dome field advantage would be huge. Under Payton the Saints have never lost a home playoff game, whereas they are only 1-5 on the road. If they end up as the #1 seed I think they're going to the Super Bowl.

I just think them slipping from #1 to 2 is still a manageable task for them in the playoffs, whereas slipping out of a bye spot would be brutal, I don't like their odds if that happens. The Bears and their easy remaining sked has me a little concerned. But yeah getting the #1 seed is certainly what I'm ultimately hoping for, we'll see
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:46 AM   #2572
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well seeing as the Chargers (really LA Galaxy) stadium only holds about 30,000 people, would be pretty humiliating if they couldn't sell it out. Would also be pretty humiliating if they hosted the Pats/Steelers/Chiefs in the AFC title game because there would be 90% of those fans in the stadium.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:39 PM   #2573
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wentz has a fractured vertebrae. Could definitely explain the drop off in play this year, unwillingness to run, etc.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...tured-vertebra
Old 12-13-2018, 02:52 PM   #2574
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Wentz has a fractured vertebrae. Could definitely explain the drop off in play this year, unwillingness to run, etc.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...tured-vertebra
That's what Carr had last season and they initially said he would miss 2-6 weeks but he only ended up missing one start. Maybe he can return but the reality is they aren't going to make the playoffs as even if by miracle MVP Foles shows up and they beat the Cowboys it's hard to imagine they are going to beat the Rams in LA. May be best to shut him down and focus on having him healthy to start next season.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:03 PM   #2575
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Maybe he can return but the reality is they aren't going to make the playoffs as even if by miracle MVP Foles shows up and they beat the Cowboys
Yeah that one will definitely be tricky, especially without a time machine.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:13 PM   #2576
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Really cheap holding call let's the Charpers back in this game.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:14 PM   #2577
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chargers should have their powder blues.

2 best uniforms in football.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:46 PM   #2578
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Really cheap holding call let's the Charpers back in this game.
Really cheap holding call also extends a Chiefs drive
Old 12-13-2018, 09:24 PM   #2579
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chargers are kind of getting jobbed this game
Old 12-13-2018, 09:26 PM   #2580
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

This officiating crew is not going to grade out well after this one. Horrible officiating.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote