Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2020, 09:43 PM   #61
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
The Coyotes were looking like a pretty solid team, with a lot of young dynamic players and a system built around defensive responsibility. And then they restructured icetime around Taylor Hall.
Some teams will do anything to get a first overall pick.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:11 PM   #62
Karl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh Dell. Now that was a softie. And just 31 seconds after Sharks finally got on the board.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:46 PM   #63
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

1st in the pacific. Not bad. Still waiting for Canucks to fall off and finish 10-15 points out of a playoff spot.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:56 PM   #64
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
1st in the pacific. Not bad. Still waiting for Canucks to fall off and finish 10-15 points out of a playoff spot.
No, no... that's next year. This year, they'll miss it by a couple of points and draft 15th overall. Next year, when they have to send their pick to Tampa as part of the Miller trade, they'll win the draft lottery. That's how the Canucks work. Cursed franchise.

Anyway, too bad it wasn't an OTL for maximum chaos, but I can't remember the last time there was a division with 5 teams separated by a point for first at the All Star Break. Although Vegas could still jump ahead as they're the only team with a game left, but it's against Boston.

Also, if you want some cheerful news, not only are the Leafs not in the playoff picture right now, they're actually in 10th, as the Canes have a game in hand on them. I didn't realize the Keefe streak had cooled that substantially.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 11:05 PM   #65
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya you’re right. I fear that will probably happen.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 01:27 AM   #66
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post

I don’t agree with the “pacific division is terrible” narrative. I think it’s just got more close teams and less bottom feeders.

The Pacific has by far the worst record of the 4 divisions.

And they have the only teams (3) in the West who are below .500, and they are a combined 18 below .500 with a combined -100 goal differential.

The Pacific is all sorts of terrible and they have the only bottom feeders in the west.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 05:37 AM   #67
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Anyway, too bad it wasn't an OTL for maximum chaos, but I can't remember the last time there was a division with 5 teams separated by a point for first at the All Star Break. Although Vegas could still jump ahead as they're the only team with a game left, but it's against Boston.

Also, if you want some cheerful news, not only are the Leafs not in the playoff picture right now, they're actually in 10th, as the Canes have a game in hand on them. I didn't realize the Keefe streak had cooled that substantially.
It was January of 1987, the 5 teams in the Norris Division were that close to each other. Martinne Gaillard talked about this on SN Central on Sat. night.

Knowing the Leafs are out of a playoff spot makes the hockey weekend so much better.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:12 AM   #68
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
I enjoy maximum chaos. Go Sharks in OT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
You could be getting that wish of max chaos. Right now, 3 points separates 2nd and 8th place in the western conf. The Avs have 60 points, the Stars and Canucks at 58, and then the 4 way tie at 57 points. The other Central div teams are closing in with the Jets 3 points back, then the Bhawks, Preds, and Wild close behind.

Maybe it'll be the Oilers falling out of it instead.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:43 AM   #69
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Final scores
http://sportsstats.cbc.ca/news/NHL-R...ate=01-18-2020
https://scores.nbcsports.com/nhl/sco...p?day=20200118

The Wild crushed the Stars 7-0 with 7 different goal scorers! Stalock with the 27 save SHUTOUT and the Wild were perfect on the PP going 3/3. Khudobin was pulled after 4 goals.

The BJs won 5-0 over the Devils. Merzlikins gets the SHUTOUT stopping all 41 shots. It's his 3rd shutout in the last 4 games. Atkinson with 2 goals as the BJs scored 4 goals in the 2nd period.

The Predators sneak past the Sabres 2-1 in reg time. Craig Smith gets the GWG on the PP with just over 6 minutes left in the 3rd period.

Thanks to the Avs, the Blues lost 5-3. The Flames remain 11 points back of the Blues for 1st place in the western conf. Strong PK wasn't enough for St. Louis.