Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2014, 12:51 PM   #521
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
So what happened to Jax's leg in the 2nd last episode?
They just decided he should limp for 1 episode and then never see out a reason for it?

Too many examples like that where the show put something in there and forgot to actually explore it. They clearly had no idea where they were going from episode to episode and just threw it together as they could.
Quote:
A few burning questions from "Red Rose" that may or may not factor into the finale: Why did Jax stumble and limp on his foot at the beginning of the episode?
Because his foot was broken.

Jax's foot or Charlie's?
Charlie. Actually, his toe was broken. It became related to the story when he realized his toe was broken and there was nothing we could do about it. It's not like a professional football player, where you just shoot him up with cortisone and he plays on a broken leg. We thought it is kind of interesting that Jax, on this day when things are really wrapping up, and he has so much to do, wakes up and has some little physical infirmary. That's kind of interesting and provocative in a way. Charlie was the one who sold it to us as an idea, how this could be some sort of psychological — you know how [people], especially kids, get this when something bad is happening. It manifests itself into some sort of physical ailment. My son gets this all the time. When things are wrong at school, he suddenly not only has a stomachache, but his foot hurts and he has trouble going to sleep. It was sort of that kind of thing — just a weakness, a vulnerability — to him, when he has so much to do. It just added another interesting level, so we kept it even after his foot healed, which it did over the course of the episode. He just kept on limping.
https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-...163009945.html
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:13 PM   #522
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Late to the party here as I just finished the series last night. Gonna miss the show as it was a guilty pleasure. Kind of a "so bad it's good" show as it was outrageous, implausible, and silly at times but the characters were fun and I got attached to the gang. Much like how I feel Breaking Bad degenerated when it lost its most interesting character in Gus I feel the show missed Clay. Fun show though.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:52 AM   #523
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Late to the party here as I just finished the series last night. Gonna miss the show as it was a guilty pleasure. Kind of a "so bad it's good" show as it was outrageous, implausible, and silly at times but the characters were fun and I got attached to the gang. Much like how I feel Breaking Bad degenerated when it lost its most interesting character in Gus I feel the show missed Clay. Fun show though.

I just finished it a couple days ago too, but I have to disagree somewhat. I will not miss it at all. I finished the last couple seasons just so I could see how most of these idiot characters would get killed off. It felt like a bit of a chore slogging through the end which I know is a bizarre thing to say about a TV show.

I am glad its done.
greyshep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greyshep For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2015, 09:31 AM   #524
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I thought Breaking Bad was strong from start to finish, and was one of the few shows that was still a great show when it ended.

SOA did miss Clay (well, the Clay before he got all stupid and made us wonder why he was still on the show and not dead yet), and also Opie. I think it was when Jax became president that it started going downhill. Jax/Charlie Hunnan were fine as more a part of an ensemble cast with other interesting characters. When it became Jax and the SOA, which is also when he started talking all breathy, it wasn't nearly as good a show.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:35 PM   #525
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I thought Breaking Bad was strong from start to finish, and was one of the few shows that was still a great show when it ended.

SOA did miss Clay (well, the Clay before he got all stupid and made us wonder why he was still on the show and not dead yet), and also Opie. I think it was when Jax became president that it started going downhill. Jax/Charlie Hunnan were fine as more a part of an ensemble cast with other interesting characters. When it became Jax and the SOA, which is also when he started talking all breathy, it wasn't nearly as good a show.
I know it's kind of sacrilege to many to criticize Breaking Bad but I thought the last season was underwhelming which is why I made the comparison. I just think the hype train for BB was at it's peak a good year after the series hit it's peak so most fans tend to overlook that the last season wasn't at the level of previous seasons. It's kind of the norm for most shows to taper off in their last year/s. When has a show ever ended on it's peak?

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 01-12-2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:36 PM   #526
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyshep View Post
I just finished it a couple days ago too, but I have to disagree somewhat. I will not miss it at all. I finished the last couple seasons just so I could see how most of these idiot characters would get killed off. It felt like a bit of a chore slogging through the end which I know is a bizarre thing to say about a TV show.

I am glad its done.
So you didn't like the show but watched the last few seasons to spite yourself? Weird.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #527
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
So you didn't like the show but watched the last few seasons to spite yourself? Weird.
Season 6 was alright, especially with how they ended it, but the final season was terrible. The only reason I kept watching was because I knew it was almost over and wanted to see how they ended things (same rational as the last season of Dexter). You could have watched the series finale episode right after season 6 and not have missed anything, season 7 was entirely filler
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2015, 01:25 PM   #528
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
The last season was definitely the weakest and significantly so. The villains just seemed too shoehorned in. There were great moments for sure, but it was a step down.

It's sort of a season 5 of The Wire type thing. Still great TV, but compared to other seasons, lesser. I'd rate the stepdown on the final season in Breaking Bad worse than the stepdown in The Wire though.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote