Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2018, 12:20 PM   #1
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Any survey expertise here?

Question for anyone with such expertise.

Survey firms like Banister Research take care to ensure the integrity of their surveys. They call both landline and cell numbers. I've been called and they've asked to speak to the adult with the nearest birthday, or similar qualification criteria.

How does it affect survey integrity when a firm sets up an online survey in addition to making the 200 or whatever number of calls? That would seem to deter from the randomness, especially when citizens could then do a survey multiple times.

I also wonder how the DNC laws affect their ability to make these calls but the above is what I need to know.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:53 PM   #2
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Question for anyone with such expertise.

Survey firms like Banister Research take care to ensure the integrity of their surveys. They call both landline and cell numbers. I've been called and they've asked to speak to the adult with the nearest birthday, or similar qualification criteria.

How does it affect survey integrity when a firm sets up an online survey in addition to making the 200 or whatever number of calls? That would seem to deter from the randomness, especially when citizens could then do a survey multiple times.

I also wonder how the DNC laws affect their ability to make these calls but the above is what I need to know.
At least some surveys I have come across seem to be able to limit participation to once per computer, I'm guessing by recognizing IP addresses and not allowing the same device to do the survey more than once. You can get around this easily enough if you want to however.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:30 PM   #3
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just checked with the survey sponsor and was told that only people who are phoned are counted in the official results. Surveys done online will be provided as background but not counted in the official report nor the decisions that will come from the results.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:

Tags
opinion surveys , poll , pollster , survey