Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2020, 09:23 AM   #2541
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1321830186560737281

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 10:25 AM   #2542
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Kylie Rae abruptly retires from wrestling and leaves Impact

https://belltobelles.com/kylie-rae-a...rom-wrestling/

Old 11-05-2020, 02:06 PM   #2543
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vince continues to prove what a trash human being he is. Miro believes he got canned due to being (rightly) concerned with WWE's COVID protocols.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...demic-released

Quote:
“I was getting some of the boys around because we were not okay about how everybody was treated in the pandemic situation. We felt scared to go to work, and once again, it was probably ten of us talking, somebody leaked it to the office. From us 10 people that were talking, somebody leaked it to the office and to the dirt sheets, and once that happened, I knew right away they’re gonna fire me because they’re going to blame it all on me of course because I’m the guy, but it doesn’t matter.”
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 10:10 AM   #2544
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

So AEW is apparently working on two games right now. They want triple a console game but are also working an TEW style game as well. If they release that, and it's good I will take every bad thing I ever said about AEW back...
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2020, 09:57 PM   #2545
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally got caught up on Full Gear. I thought FTR/Young Bucks lived up to the hype and, outside of the "Elite Deletion," it was solid up and down the card.

For all the warts Dynamite has, the PPVs have all been pretty good.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:57 PM   #2546
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
So AEW is apparently working on two games right now. They want triple a console game but are also working an TEW style game as well. If they release that, and it's good I will take every bad thing I ever said about AEW back...
Helps that Omega is such a huge gaming nerd and they're letting him run the gaming side of things.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:41 PM   #2547
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

PAC is back!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2020, 04:29 PM   #2548
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Zelina Vega released by WWE. She posted a tweet that stated that she supports unionization.

AEW should snap her up, she's extremely talented as a heel. Also Tay Conti is the rare former WWE superstar that they snapped up who's really pushing her career forward.

Old 11-13-2020, 06:13 PM   #2549
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

That opener on Smackdown with Drew and Reigns! Wow. They didn't work so well before, but they've done a fantastic job building Drew in 2020. That had almost had a Rock/Austin feel to it.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 11:16 AM   #2550
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Zelina Vega released by WWE. She posted a tweet that stated that she supports unionization.

AEW should snap her up, she's extremely talented as a heel. Also Tay Conti is the rare former WWE superstar that they snapped up who's really pushing her career forward.
Yeah, just saw that. WWE continues to make me glad I no longer support their product. What a garbage company.
Old 11-14-2020, 01:35 PM   #2551
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

The thing that is getting mistaken is that the tweet got her fired. She posted the tweet in response to getting fired.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2020, 06:30 PM   #2552
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Edit: Wrong thread
Old 11-15-2020, 07:22 PM   #2553
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Looks like after COVID WWE's house show tours will be coming to an end: https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...urs-post-covid

I think this might be a situation of not seeing the forest through the trees. The house show tour helps keep competition from the indies away. A prime opportunity for promotions to shore up some market share.

Although I can see the other side, by paying well and only having 1-2 days a week of work with WWE could be a difference maker of gauranteed income with minimal work.

The house shows had more of an indy feel to them (he says having only ever been to one Raw and one WWE house show). Hopefully this makes room for the indies to thrive.

Speaking of indies, this match is from last night. Featuring my current favourite working the East Coast, The Greatest of All Time Charlie Hubley (a graduate of the Storm Wrestling Academy) and PWI's #74 on the Female Top 100 Maddison Miles.

Charlie kills me, everything he does makes me laugh

Preview Video, it's off Facebook but watch it first:
https://www.facebook.com/ECPWcanada/...7392436932544/

The match:

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2020, 09:48 AM   #2554
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Morrison just makes everything look amazing. So much for the Bliss is pregnant rumors

https://twitter.com/user/status/1328535563394224128

Old 11-21-2020, 11:40 AM   #2555
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

WWE house shows going away is long overdue. Less travel and less wear and tear on the performers is a big deal. If they want to get people's faces out there, they have the network and lots of opportunity to showcase whoever they want to.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:46 AM   #2556
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, though I used to love house shows for a couple of reasons.

You'd always get that local wrestler try out. I remember a house show where a young Lance Storm wrestled a dark match.

Zany things happen at house shows. Wrestlers break character, interact with fans, and try things that they wouldn't do on TV. I saw Anvil try to pull off a top rope moonsault at a house show in Winnipeg because some fans in the front row were chanting "Boring" and he yelled "Screw you, watch this"

I saw Ultimate Warrior at a house show in Calgary before he made his TV debut, and he was still doing the Dingo Warrior character, walked slowly to the ring, didn't do the rope shaking, just came out with a fear and intimidation gimmick.

Oh yeah, and a young Captain in the front row cheering on King Kong Bundy and completely jeering Hogan during a cage match and Hogan telling me to shut my mouth.

Wrestling is still better in terms of in person attendance.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 11:49 AM   #2557
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Oh yeah, and a young Captain in the front row cheering on King Kong Bundy and completely jeering Hogan during a cage match and Hogan telling me to shut my mouth.
It's all kayfabe, don't work yourself into a shoot brother

HH
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 12:29 PM   #2558
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, though I used to love house shows for a couple of reasons.

You'd always get that local wrestler try out. I remember a house show where a young Lance Storm wrestled a dark match.

Zany things happen at house shows. Wrestlers break character, interact with fans, and try things that they wouldn't do on TV. I saw Anvil try to pull off a top rope moonsault at a house show in Winnipeg because some fans in the front row were chanting "Boring" and he yelled "Screw you, watch this"

I saw Ultimate Warrior at a house show in Calgary before he made his TV debut, and he was still doing the Dingo Warrior character, walked slowly to the ring, didn't do the rope shaking, just came out with a fear and intimidation gimmick.

Wrestling is still better in terms of in person attendance.

Owen Hart. One Lethbridge in Lethbridge he came to the ring with his hair done like Ed Grimley. Davey Boy couldn't keep a straight face when he looked at Owen.

Another show Owen was put into a Boston crab and he was pretending to to be bored and smoke a cigarette while the guy who had in in the crab was giving it his all to hurt Owen.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 03:31 PM   #2559
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

The last WWE house show I was at had Stardust and Edsn Stiles carry-on after she introduced him to the ring. Stardust would do something silly and Eden would mirror it.

The absolute best was Curtis Axel on the mic saying "Its great to be here in Halif-Axel" with the Halifax crowd going bonkers and screaming "Hal-a-faxel" clap, clap, clap-clap-clap for the rest of the match, as well as on and off the rest of the show.

Yes, being at a taping is cool, but the house shows feel so much more organic and natural (because they are).

I don't know if there are any indy documentaries out there about what a house show is like behind the scenes, but I can tell you first hand that its really something to see the young guys discussing in the corner with anticipation in their eyes, vets casually going over the match, planning the ending, the spots, and of course the locked room leader sitting in the middle getting ready while listening to every conversation at once.

Its REALLY cool to hear the locker room leader out of the blue raise his hand and say "listen up". EVERYONE stops speaking, and turns to look like a grade school teacher asking the class for attention. Then checking in to make sure that not only were the wrestlers on the same page for their match, but that they also weren't duplicating each other, "I heard two people mention a low blow, I want to be sure there isn't a low blow in every match."

I saw two rookies taking notes as they planned, with their coach (another vet) helping them along.

The support is beyond what you'd think.

Maybe its just like that here, but it really is something to see.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 03:40 PM   #2560
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post

Its REALLY cool to hear the locker room leader out of the blue raise his hand and say "listen up". EVERYONE stops speaking, and turns to look like a grade school teacher asking the class for attention. Then checking in to make sure that not only were the wrestlers on the same page for their match, but that they also weren't duplicating each other, "I heard two people mention a low blow, I want to be sure there isn't a low blow in every match."
Sounds like the team captain has a hand in the booking
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote