Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2021, 06:58 AM   #3901
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it's a universal complaint that the runs are too long. If you spend close to an hour to get to a boss and die it's a sizeable time commitment to make another run and if something comes up while you are in the middle of a run you either have to quit or keep your PS5 on. I also had a crash about 45 minutes into a which made me want to break something.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 05-12-2021 at 07:00 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:12 AM   #3902
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I'll definitely be waiting for a sale on Returnal which will hopefully also include them patching in a save function. Hades had that day one even though you could do a run in under 30 minutes, no idea why the Returnal devs thought they didn't need it
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:21 PM   #3903
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just completed Resident Evil Village.

Awesome game. Unique in the series, and a nice step after Resident Evil 7. Kept it fresh, and towards the end does a decent job of filling in some narrative gaps in the Resident Evil world.

Highly recommended, and I’ll be doing multiple playthroughs.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2021, 11:35 AM   #3904
Jay's Beagle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Just finished and platinum Control last night. I really enjoyed the game. It was really easy to get into and fun gameplay.

I don't know why but the older I get the less I care about the story and more I care about speed running games. I have the time as I don't have kids yet but I feel like its preparation for it lol
Jay's Beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay's Beagle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2021, 11:56 AM   #3905
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay's Beagle View Post
Just finished and platinum Control last night. I really enjoyed the game. It was really easy to get into and fun gameplay.

I don't know why but the older I get the less I care about the story and more I care about speed running games. I have the time as I don't have kids yet but I feel like its preparation for it lol
I hope other studios look at doing games based on telekinesis elements as it's so satisfying in this game.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2021, 12:02 PM   #3906
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I hope other studios look at doing games based on telekinesis elements as it's so satisfying in this game.
If you're down with anime games, Bandai Namco has a whole game coming out about telekinetic warriors protecting the world from weird monsters.

OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 11:03 PM   #3907
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just finished the LoU2...i know, very late to the game...i'll keep it spoiler free though.

Generally thought it was very good, though I get some of the criticisms in the dedicated thread...some structural changes probably would have helped - it was a bit overly long it seemed like to me.

On a technical front, it really pushed the PS4 to the limits (my PS4 was working overtime it sounded like for the majority of the gameplay)

Overall, not as good story wise as the original, but there was a lot more moral ambiguity in the actions of the two main characters.

I was surprised it was that divisive to be honest... I kept waiting for something that would make me outraged to the point of threatening voice actors or the director...and ended up thinking, "Wait, was that the part people were so upset about?"

In my humble opinion, in a nutshell, the first game was one of love and redemption and the second was a revenge tale, which made it tough to really feel the same way about the characters despite the first game's ambiguous ending...

sorry to post here; just didn't want to bump the old thread for a single post.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2021, 08:40 AM   #3908
Jay's Beagle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Started Miles Morales finally. Its a great game as it should be because its like the Original PS4 spiderman.

The one thing I find very interesting about the Spiderman games is actually how closely they mirror the batman franchise. I mean thats not a bad thing at all because of how good that series was. What I find I really enjoy about both spiderman games, so far, is how grounded both the characters are. I really enjoy games that show the character struggle and then eventually become who they are. A good example of that was the rebooted Tomb Raider game, let me be clear on that the first game. You saw Lara struggle to kill anyone and eventually get to the point where she is okay with those decisions. In the next 2 tomb raider games though she just goes full murder.
Jay's Beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay's Beagle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2021, 08:43 AM   #3909
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, legendary edition is out and I'm sure a bunch of people have already downloaded it. Can people post their specs, settings and FPS avg / low rates they're finding? I'd like to know how it's going to run on either my power-limited RTX2060 card in my G14 or my RTX 2070 box (which by virtue of being an EGPU is probably about 20% down on a normal desktop implementation). Obviously it's a series of old games but with the stuff they've done to it I'm wondering if I'll be able to do 1440p at 100ish on an ultrawide.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:25 AM   #3910
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've just picked up Resident Evil Village. For some reason I had thought it'd only be released on the new consoles, so I was stoked when I saw the PS4 version in the store today. Can't wait to play it, the trailers were great.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 04:30 PM   #3911
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
So, legendary edition is out and I'm sure a bunch of people have already downloaded it. Can people post their specs, settings and FPS avg / low rates they're finding? I'd like to know how it's going to run on either my power-limited RTX2060 card in my G14 or my RTX 2070 box (which by virtue of being an EGPU is probably about 20% down on a normal desktop implementation). Obviously it's a series of old games but with the stuff they've done to it I'm wondering if I'll be able to do 1440p at 100ish on an ultrawide.
I have a similar question: does the combat still suck?
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:05 PM   #3912
starseed
First Line Centre

Exp:

I am going to get into legendary edition this weekend. Just started downloading... over 100gb!

I have a gtx 1080. Looking forward to reliving this series! For the sixth time?
starseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:12 PM   #3913
Darkknight
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I also picked up the legendary edition today for ps4 and wanted to grab a new dualshock 4, which is apparently near impossible to find. Has anyone seen a dualshock 4 locally in the last few days? I'm sure the supply issue is pandemic related but it seems odd to not be able to buy a controller for a 7 year old system.
Darkknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:01 AM   #3914
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Ryzen 5800x
EVGA FTW3 1080TI
32 GB's of ram (3200 Mhz)

Playing it at 1440p and getting good framerates. Don't think I went under 200 fps on the first planet Eden Prime. Just got to the Citadel and it's been anywhere from 110-240 fps.
BlAcKNoVa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlAcKNoVa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2021, 10:50 AM   #3915
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

The legendary edition.... of what....
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 11:01 AM   #3916
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
The legendary edition.... of what....
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 11:09 AM   #3917
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, forgot to put that in somehow. This looks pretty promising for mid-range results, so I'll give it a shot.

"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 11:35 AM   #3918
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
I have a similar question: does the combat still suck?

It was only ME1’s combat that seemed truly dated out of the three. With the Legendary Edition they did do a pass on the first game to make it look and feel more like the other two. It won’t fool you in to thinking the game first came out last Thursday, but it’s pretty impressive overall. Just seeing my favourite series run at that higher framerate, in HDR and 4K - it’s...legendary.
Old 05-15-2021, 01:02 PM   #3919
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
Ok now this makes sense!

I was thinking of waiting until it's on EA Play. How long do games usually take for that?
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 05:22 PM   #3920
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Ok now this makes sense!

I was thinking of waiting until it's on EA Play. How long do games usually take for that?
6 months I believe. I'm hoping I can track down a Series X in that time
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote