Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2019, 05:48 PM   #1341
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

these refs league wide are making these games unwatchable. are they getting paid by the flag?
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:32 PM   #1342
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default 2019 NFL Season Thread

I’ve ruined Young, Johnson, and Mariota buy purchasing their jerseys. Time for a new team? or should I just get a Kearn jersey? Punters are cool, right?
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:15 PM   #1343
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Remember when the Chargers were a trendy Super Bowl sleeper? Good times
Old 10-13-2019, 07:18 PM   #1344
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

At least they have great uniforms.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:20 PM   #1345
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

and of course Devin Bush, who has 6 turnovers in his first 6 games, goes down injured. Just can't have nice things this season.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:28 PM   #1346
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
About as trendy as the Browns.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:29 PM   #1347
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

That Charger O-line is just brutal.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:38 PM   #1348
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
That Charger O-line is just brutal.

The Titans O-Line says hi
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:22 PM   #1349
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
How bad is the NFC East?
So it's pretty bad but I believe the AFC East and North are worse.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:33 PM   #1350
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

The NFC North is the only good division right now in football. Maybe the NFC West too. But yeah 9 wins will win any of the other divisions.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:44 PM   #1351
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

NFC south could get their act together. Saints and Panthers can be good.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:16 PM   #1352
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't watch any football today, so I checked out the highlights before bed, and watched a bunch of games whose results I cared about. I skipped the Cowboys game because, cmon, it's the Jets, they're not losing to the Jets. Especially when they've just lost two straight. They're going to blow them out. Then I checked the standings.

LOL
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2019, 11:50 PM   #1353
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
NFC south could get their act together. Saints and Panthers can be good.
Cam will come back, when he feels like it, and when his feeling aren’t hurt, and he gets off the vegan diet which caused him to lose a lot of weight and muscle this offseason, and when his Khawai Leonard load management app says it’s time to come back, and screw up the current dynamic of the team.

Brees when he returns to NO, not so much. And Teddy has earned a few more years in the league, somewhere, with his steady performance these past weeks. NO will be the only team from the NFC South in the playoffs. Division winner of the NFC east, the only team from that division. It will be between the NFCN and NFCW teams to figure out who get the WC spots.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 09:46 AM   #1354
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I feel like anyone in the media that considers Chargers a Super Bowl contender has simply never paid attention to their history with Rivers. It's a 100% failed prediction the moment the words come out of your mouth or keystrokes. It's just never going to happen and now that Rivers is showing his age they are probably closer to rebuilding than winning anything.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:06 AM   #1355
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Cam will come back, when he feels like it, and when his feeling aren’t hurt, and he gets off the vegan diet which caused him to lose a lot of weight and muscle this offseason, and when his Khawai Leonard load management app says it’s time to come back, and screw up the current dynamic of the team.
Even if he does come back, I doubt he plays. Allen's 4-0. It ain't broke.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 10-14-2019, 10:15 AM   #1356
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

yeah, the sleeper SB predictions seem crazy now. Steelers had a QB under center who was signed as a camp arm and was their number 4 going into the season. They also missed their #2 RB and WR in addition to a starting CB and LB, then lost Tuitt early in the game and Haden later. And still, the Chargers got nothing going until very late in the game. There's some prime talent on that roster but they looked pretty disjointed at times. The terrible OL doesn't help of course.

Steelers are depleted but a better team than people will give them credit for. They were close against a really good 49ers team and went to OT vs Baltimore, but fumbles by Conner and Juju cost them. Obviously an L is an L, so hopefully they can start winning close ones too. Still have the Fins, Bengals and Cards this season, so hopefully they can get to 7-9 or something like that and avoid giving a top 10 pick to Miami.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:40 AM   #1357
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

We should get a bit more information on the Lions tonight. I'm still not entirely sure what they are yet so some competition inside their Division should be a good measure.

Today I think that New Orleans, San Francisco, Seattle will all make the playoffs. I also think that two teams from the NFC North also get in and that one of them will be Green Bay, but I'm not sure who else yet. Minnesota at times look really good, but not so much on the road. The Bears defence is still really good, but the offence is a ways behind everyone else in that Division. Detroit has pieces on offence and defence that could give them some balance. I think browna is onto something with Carolina. Maybe it's the injuries but the team plays better with Allen than with Newton. But no way they bench Newton when he is ready to return.

In the AFC New England is so far ahead of anyone else it's laughable. Houston is probably next in line. Baltimore and Buffalo will be playoff teams. Than its a bunch of meh. The Chiefs will not make the playoffs. Bad offensive line thats injured and a run defence that gives any team the ability to hold the ball for 45 minutes a game. Maybe Oakland wins that Division. Only team that seems to keep the QB alive and has any balance on both sides of the ball. Maybe Indy is the second wild card team.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:56 AM   #1358
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seahawks are weird. They beat the Cardinals by 17, but their other four wins are by a combined 8 points. Three of those are against the Steelers with injured Ben, the Rams in the middle of a tailspin and only because of a missed field goal that should have been made, and the Browns on the strength of multiple interceptions in and out of the hands of receivers in a game they trailed 20-6 (read: should have lost). Meanwhile they lose at home to the Saints minus Brees (which I concede isn't as shocking now as a few weeks ago but still shouldn't happen if you're a top team).

Now they lose Dissly - a major blow - but gain Reed - a major improvement. So is this a contender? I guess they do have two games against the 49ers, so we'll see who's for real, but this is a team that could realistically be 2-4 or even 1-5 instead of 5-1.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:16 AM   #1359
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
I’ve ruined Young, Johnson, and Mariota buy purchasing their jerseys. Time for a new team? or should I just get a Kearn jersey? Punters are cool, right?
Go buy a Brady jersey.
puffnstuff is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puffnstuff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 11:57 AM   #1360
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
We should get a bit more information on the Lions tonight. I'm still not entirely sure what they are yet so some competition inside their Division should be a good measure.

Today I think that New Orleans, San Francisco, Seattle will all make the playoffs. I also think that two teams from the NFC North also get in and that one of them will be Green Bay, but I'm not sure who else yet. Minnesota at times look really good, but not so much on the road. The Bears defence is still really good, but the offence is a ways behind everyone else in that Division. Detroit has pieces on offence and defence that could give them some balance. I think browna is onto something with Carolina. Maybe it's the injuries but the team plays better with Allen than with Newton. But no way they bench Newton when he is ready to return.

In the AFC New England is so far ahead of anyone else it's laughable. Houston is probably next in line. Baltimore and Buffalo will be playoff teams. Than its a bunch of meh. The Chiefs will not make the playoffs. Bad offensive line thats injured and a run defence that gives any team the ability to hold the ball for 45 minutes a game. Maybe Oakland wins that Division. Only team that seems to keep the QB alive and has any balance on both sides of the ball. Maybe Indy is the second wild card team.
An AFC West has to make the playoffs. What other team do you really think can overtake the Chiefs? The Broncos just beat two bad teams to get to 2-4 and there's only one losing team (Browns) left on their schedule, the Chargers are being the Chargers, and the Raiders may be 3-2 but they are ahead of schedule and will likely settle into the 7 win team they are at this stage of the rebuild with all the rookies on the team. Chiefs are fortunate the division is down this season as they should win by default. The Raiders with another good draft are positioning themselves to be pretty decent in their inaugural Vegas season.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote