Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2019, 12:39 AM   #2361
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Finally caught up. It’s pretty amazing just how bad this show got from start to where it is now. The amount of terrible decision making is so flabbergasting. It’s also quite boring now. But I feel pot committed. They could really use a cure or whatever as a story springboard. Alpha is... not a good villain. But I’m not sure if it’s only because that silly music starts whenever they show her or her crew.

They could really use a fresh start. By like, leaving or something. I dunno. It just... it’s just so tough to watch now. The only reason worth watching I think is Darryl and Negan I guess... I dunno. So many terribad things.

Like I’m sorry but why don’t they go searching for guns again? This is America, they’re everywhere, and would be for years and years after a post apocalyptic world. Cars would be used, not horses. Let’s be honest. Have any of these people heard of books?
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:28 AM   #2362
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

The thing I always scratch my head about - where are the bicycles? You could rule the friggin wasteland. No gas required. Get some cool cargo bikes to go on runs with. The walkers don't run, you could easily evade them.

But let's also face it - if good decisions were made, the show would be boring as hell.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2019, 07:53 AM   #2363
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Cars would be used, not horses.
There has been some discussion about it over the years- of how the gas would have gone bad long ago. Now that we are about 11 years since gasoline has been refined, it would be safe to say it would have all turned bad by now; even if there was any left.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 08:36 AM   #2364
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
There has been some discussion about it over the years- of how the gas would have gone bad long ago. Now that we are about 11 years since gasoline has been refined, it would be safe to say it would have all turned bad by now; even if there was any left.
Except that on Fear The Walking Dead they are refining gasoline as part of the current storyline.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 08:42 AM   #2365
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
The thing I always scratch my head about - where are the bicycles? You could rule the friggin wasteland. No gas required. Get some cool cargo bikes to go on runs with. The walkers don't run, you could easily evade them.

But let's also face it - if good decisions were made, the show would be boring as hell.
Lets face it, if theres one thing the survivors of an Apocalypse got right its the elimination of the cyclist scourge.

Sure there are bad actors and the ever-present Zombie menace, but correcting humanity's preposterous and inexplicable over-use of bicycles is something they got spot on.

The infernal bell-ringing horde have finally been removed from whats left of civilized society. We should all be so lucky.

However, that being said, in keeping with the show's preponderance of leaning heavily on bad decisions they've finally phased out bicycles but mitigated that unquestionably good decision by implementing the only thing worse than bicycles.

Horses.

Horses are just the worst.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:58 AM   #2366
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I often wonder why the only real measure of protection used is a wall. The prison had a wall, Alexandria had a wall, the farm had a ....uh fence. Why not think like the kids in Fear the Walking Dead and live up in the trees or something. A moat, a bridge, just something where it would not be possible for walkers to stumble in. But yeah that would get boring, so bad decisions it is!
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 12:13 PM   #2367
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
Except that on Fear The Walking Dead they are refining gasoline as part of the current storyline.
Let's not try to have FTWD the one that makes sense...not that any of that episode made sense...
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:33 PM   #2368
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
I often wonder why the only real measure of protection used is a wall. The prison had a wall, Alexandria had a wall, the farm had a ....uh fence. Why not think like the kids in Fear the Walking Dead and live up in the trees or something. A moat, a bridge, just something where it would not be possible for walkers to stumble in. But yeah that would get boring, so bad decisions it is!
Yeah there's a lot of other great choices.
Like many of you, I'm sure, I find myself often evaluating locations and buildings on their ability to withstand a zombie breakout.

Water and height indeed being the key attributes.

So many good choices.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:50 PM   #2369
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Exactly. A moat would work well too.

So it’s not like people don’t know oil and gas and refineries don’t exist so I have no idea why society would just give up on cars and gasoline. PARTICULARLY if your at war or odds with neighbours who are riding around on horses with hockey equipment pretending like modern technology just disappeared when it hasn’t. Like I really feel like this would be so easy.

Go get oil. Get to refinery. Make gasoline. Get in cars. Drive to cities, towns, all around, find guns. Make bullets. Isn’t the dude who made bullets for Negan still around? So weird. So. Many. Bad. Decisions. It is actually kinda infuriating watching this show haha
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:54 PM   #2370
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

season premiere last night.

I like the chapter approach to the episode, it cleaned up the jumping around.

The episode as a whole, well it didn't really do a tonne for me.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:22 PM   #2371
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

They were veering dangerously close to FTWD with the tone around being good. Lots of moments getting borderline cheesy. And ya, I mean that opening battle training segment. Woof.

You can also really see the difference between the budgets. FTWD you are lucky to see a few walkers, here we get a GD crashing space station.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:15 AM   #2372
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

A surprisingly intact space station at that. Nitpicking for sure but no way there is anything salvageable after re-entry.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:07 PM   #2373
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

It was a satellite, not big enough to be a space station. And for them to look overhead and see it, and have it land miles away is also silly. Then to have it survive re-entry, only to become charred in the ensuing fire.

All that aside, why did Carrol and Darryl go deeper into the Whisperers territory?

I did like what was probably a former Savior guarding Neegan adding "sir" when giving him an order.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:29 PM   #2374
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
All that aside, why did Carrol and Darryl go deeper into the Whisperers territory?

To see if the horde (the nuclear weapon) was still there or not, was my guess. Now why they didn't take a stealthy approach is beyond me.

Quote:
Old 10-08-2019, 03:14 PM   #2375
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
To see if the horde (the nuclear weapon) was still there or not
Riiiiiiiiiight! Thank you! I totally forgot about that and wondered wtf the nuclear weapon was.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:09 PM   #2376
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

This show is complete trash now. What a collapse.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:09 AM   #2377
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well that episode felt totally unnecessary. The Whisperers are a lame enemy that doesn't make any sense. Can't wait to move on from them.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:53 AM   #2378
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, that was a pretty lame episode. Only thing of interest was to find out about the dissension in the Whisperers. They are worried about the "enemy" and seem to be rather jealous of their way of life.

Other than that, total filler episode.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:29 PM   #2379
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

TWD is my new Lost.

I have lost interest, but want to see how it plays out and ends (Jesus, what if it never ends?).

Quote:
Old 10-15-2019, 12:30 PM   #2380
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
TWD is my new Lost.

I have lost interest, but want to see how it plays out and ends (Jesus, what if it never ends?).
Why are you asking him, he died last season.