Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2019, 12:21 PM   #1701
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I signed up for gamepass for PC, but it won't let me download the Outer Worlds. Some sort of bug. Apparently many people having the same issue.

Microsoft is truly worthless.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:40 PM   #1702
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate that that Xbox gamepass won't let me download games to different drives without changing a windows setting.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 01:32 PM   #1703
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Just started Trails of Cold Steel III, and while I'm liking the fact that it's basically the same as the first two, I would really like to know who decided that the card minigame in a 70 hour JRPG needed to be a rip-off of Magic: The Gathering? Minigames should not take 15 minutes to play!
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:37 AM   #1704
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Will it have a multiplayer mode? All I want is a modern iteration of JKII:JO and I will throw money at it.

(Yeah I know you can play JO on Steam, but there's barely anyone playing anymore)

It's only single player. The impressions I've read make it sound similar to Dark Souls. I think if it's anywhere close to Titanfall 2 we're in for a treat.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:40 AM   #1705
CrunchBite
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I signed up for gamepass for PC, but it won't let me download the Outer Worlds. Some sort of bug. Apparently many people having the same issue.

Microsoft is truly worthless.
Check to make sure your windows is fully updated. I wouldn't let me download it without being the 1903 update installed.
CrunchBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:44 AM   #1706
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchBite View Post
Check to make sure your windows is fully updated. I wouldn't let me download it without being the 1903 update installed.

I had this issue too. It was actually so bad I had to do a fresh install of Windows because the update kept failing.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:11 AM   #1707
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Weird, I got prompted for the update and had no issues downloading it.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:27 AM   #1708
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchBite View Post
Yeah, exactly, and I was using a special enterprise version of Win10 that I'd installed on the NVME that was swapped in for the storage my laptop shipped with... which can't update to 1903. So I basically had to do a fresh install of windows home in order to get the game to download. Which I did. It's a new computer so it wasn't the end of the world, just a few hours wasted, but it's still a really obnoxious thing to do to try to force people to update to the newest OS for a game that, according to its own minimum requirements, will run on Windows 7.

Super cheesy stuff from Microsoft. Fitting right in with most of the big publishers in that regard.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 11-01-2019, 12:25 PM   #1709
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, exactly, and I was using a special enterprise version of Win10 that I'd installed on the NVME that was swapped in for the storage my laptop shipped with... which can't update to 1903. So I basically had to do a fresh install of windows home in order to get the game to download. Which I did. It's a new computer so it wasn't the end of the world, just a few hours wasted, but it's still a really obnoxious thing to do to try to force people to update to the newest OS for a game that, according to its own minimum requirements, will run on Windows 7.

Super cheesy stuff from Microsoft. Fitting right in with most of the big publishers in that regard.

It's not the game that needs it, it's the Xbox Windows app that does, and they rebuilt that app when they launched the PC GamePass service so it makes sense that it needs the latest version of Win 10
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 12:35 PM   #1710
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes... but I can't download the game without going through the app. So they've effectively created a fake hurdle you have to jump over.

Anyway I played it for maybe an hour yesterday and so far, it's pretty much classic Black Isle stuff, which is great. Hopefully this is a big enough success that they make other IPs.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:38 PM   #1711
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yes... but I can't download the game without going through the app.
Sure you can. You just have to get it through another service (i.e. Steam).
Old 11-01-2019, 01:29 PM   #1712
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's not available on steam for another year.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:47 PM   #1713
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It's not available on steam for another year.
My bad, you can get it through Epic Games.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:04 PM   #1714
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Didn't even bother to check because... why would anyone.

Anyway, this is a thing.

That ####### Duriel is in it.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:48 PM   #1715
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cool! I never played III, maybe I'll give this one a go
Old 11-01-2019, 07:19 PM   #1716
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I've loved all three Diablo games. Especially after they dropped the store from III. Looking forward to this one. Despite how crappy Blizzard is.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 01:59 AM   #1717
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m really enjoying the Call of Duty Modern Warfare campaign. I’ve always been a fan of the campaigns, although I’ve grown tired of the multiplayer in the franchise. So far I’d say I’m not as into this one as I was Infinite Warfare, but it’s still a top tier experience.

Also, the Elite Controller Series 2.0 for the Xbox One (and PC) is pure bliss. Best controlled ever made.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:36 AM   #1718
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Blizzard's cinematics are always amazing. But it's going to come down to how the game play is, and how much MTX they throw into it before I seriously look at Diablo IV. Probably going to get it though. I've got over 300 hours in D3 on PC/Switch, and probably twice that on D2.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 01:46 PM   #1719
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Outer Worlds seems to have completely broken for me, now. I can't get past the title screen. I can't even close the thing without shutting it down from the task manager. It doesn't take any inputs. Just sits on the title screen and plays the title music, and you can't click continue, new game, settings, anything.

Jesus, how hard is this to not #### up?

EDIT: Figured it out. The last time I played, I was using my monitor, so had the resolution set to 1440p. My laptop's screen is 1080p, so when it fired the game back up, it didn't adjust.

Now I've got past that, new issue: I have my games saved locally to my computer so I can play offline. If you log in to your Xbox account, you can no longer use those saves - you can only use cloud saves. So in order to play this game, I now have to deactivate my internet connection before starting it.

So yeah, I'm definitely deleting this XBox PC app garbage as soon as my one month trial is up. This is just nonsense.

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 11-02-2019 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:03 PM   #1720
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

So excited for Red Dead on PC. The minute I started on PS4 I knew it was a game that needed mouse and keyboard controls to get the most from, and I can't wait to see that game in gorgeous 1440p 144hz.

Just need some self control to force myself to wait an extra month for the steam version though