Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manhattanboy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 06:37 AM   #42
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post
I think the least likely of the possible suspects to have done this is Iran. The warning lights have been going off for two months now that things were going to get bad over there. The Orange Goblin in Chief even tweeted some kind of childish threat directed at Iran about a month ago.

How can any of you actually believe Iran would do this? Yikes!
Yea, remember last week when Kushner said the US administration had not came to a conclusion as to who the administration believes bares responsibility for the murder of Jamal Kashoggi because the investigation is still ongoing despite overwhelming video evidence, voice recordings of the killings, and flight logs. Even the Saudis admitted it was their doing, just not the crown prince.

Yet, within hours of the attack, the administration comes out laying down 100% blame on Iran for attacking these tankers. Then not even 24 hours release the US sent a destroyer to make their presence known that they will defend our shipping lanes even when the captain of the Japanese tanker says the US evidence is doctored. The captain says they were hit with a missile, there were no Iranian ships or mines like Pompeo is saying.
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/crew...katada-2053124

Just think about that... someone really wants a war between Iran and the US and it isn't the Iranians.

Last edited by FlameOn; 06-14-2019 at 06:58 AM.
FlameOn is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 07:30 AM   #43
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Cue the Israel hate. Oh wait. Too late.
That’s pathetic. And besides, perfectly acceptable to hate the current incredibly corrupt Israeli government.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AltaGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 07:41 AM   #44
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/136172519307751425
Old 06-14-2019, 07:41 AM   #45
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/255784560904773633
Old 06-14-2019, 07:42 AM   #46
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oil tankers were attacked? How are we not immediately investigating the good citizens of Victoria for this atrocity?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 07:45 AM   #47
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/187599309078921216
Old 06-14-2019, 08:16 AM   #48
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Israel defender has logged on.

Zionists are dumb af, happy to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:35 AM   #49
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesforcup View Post
I bet u said the same thing about the Gulf on Tonkin. I bet u believed Iraq had Wmd's too.
Not just that dawg, the Lusitania was sunk on purpose to bring the US into World War 1. And the Americans knew Pearl Harbor was coming and did nothing. And the biggest one, Bush did 9/11, did you know jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel?? Why? Because, like, profits and revenue for corporations dude. All those corporations, acting all corporation-ey, are convincing the US government to guaranteed #### their chances of re-election over by engaging in a land war with Iran that will be 5X more of a disaster than Iraq was. Oh and don't forget oil, nevermind that the US is now the biggest oil producer in the world, all those greedy oil barons want Iran's oil too.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:58 AM   #50
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

US releases video of possibly Iranian Revolutionary Guard Members removing a mine from a damaged Japanese Tanker.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-48633016

Quote:
According to the US account of events, US naval forces in the region received distress calls from the Norwegian-owned Front Altair at 06:12 (02:12 GMT) and from the Japanese-owned Kokuka Courageous at 07:00, following explosions, and moved towards the area.

It said the USS Bainbridge observed Iranian naval boats operating in the area in the hours after the explosions, and later removing the unexploded mine from the side of the Kokuka Courageous.

Quote:
The footage released by the US on Thursday is rather more convincing than the circumstantial evidence it had provided earlier.

The small white patrol craft in the video is typical of the type used by Iran's IRGC (Revolutionary Guards) Navy in the Gulf. In recent years, the IRGC Navy has steadily supplanted Iran's conventional Navy all along Iran's Gulf coast, from its border with Kuwait in the north all the way down to Pakistan and the Arabian Sea. Its forces have built up a formidable flotilla of small, high-speed, hard-to-detect attack craft armed with mines, missiles, torpedoes and drones.

IRGC commandos regularly practise covert operations and simulated attacks. Some of their craft have come in close proximity to US Navy warships in the Gulf in recent years and there remains the risk of a clash at sea.

Iran has denied any involvement in Thursday's attacks, saying they were carried out by someone looking to derail Iran's relations with the international community. There will likely be doubts in Tehran as to whether this video is genuine

Now, just playing Devils advocate, but why wouldn't the Iranians say, in the course of trying to lend aid we saw this mine and disarmed it.

Like I said I could get aboard the idea of Saudi Arabia doing something like this. Neither government is what I would call rational at all.

I would be interested to see if they tracked the boat from the video and where it went.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:35 AM   #51
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post

Once again, total hateful nonsense.

Once again, Zionism is not a swear word, no matter how hard people like you try to make it one.

A Zionist is simply someone that supports a Jewish homeland. Zionism came about from rampant hatred and persecution of Jews pretty much globally.

There is nothing unique about Israel, except for the never ending nonsense from people like you, who remain silent against far more serious and in our face issues. But Israel? Instant posts of condemnation. What a bunch of bag over their head fools. Useful idiots.

There is certainly a super complex regional problem. You nonsense does nothing to engage any meaningful conversation, and instead does the opposite.

Such a pathetic thing to have intervene on over and over.

If you made a similar post against any other group, it would be instantly shamed, condemned or deleted. But not this topic...
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nage Waza For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 09:45 AM   #52
stone hands
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

theres nothing unique about israel except their aparthied wall and subjugation of palestine, but no, people hate them cuz jews
stone hands is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to stone hands For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 09:46 AM   #53
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
Once again, total hateful nonsense.

Once again, Zionism is not a swear word, no matter how hard people like you try to make it one.

A Zionist is simply someone that supports a Jewish homeland. Zionism came about from rampant hatred and persecution of Jews pretty much globally.

There is nothing unique about Israel, except for the never ending nonsense from people like you, who remain silent against far more serious and in our face issues. But Israel? Instant posts of condemnation. What a bunch of bag over their head fools. Useful idiots.

There is certainly a super complex regional problem. You nonsense does nothing to engage any meaningful conversation, and instead does the opposite.

Such a pathetic thing to have intervene on over and over.

If you made a similar post against any other group, it would be instantly shamed, condemned or deleted. But not this topic...
We've had this slapfight before, so I'm not going to re-iterate my effortposts about Divine Right bull####, Jewish diaspora and Herzl Zionism, but I would like to remind you that you aren't the only Jewish poster on this forum, even though you'll take every chance given to martyr yourself for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:49 AM   #54
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
We've had this slapfight before, so I'm not going to re-iterate my effortposts about Divine Right bull####, Jewish diaspora and Herzl Zionism, but I would like to remind you that you aren't the only Jewish poster on this forum, even though you'll take every chance given to martyr yourself for it.
That sounds familiar....

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:51 AM   #55
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Huh. I did not realize the Arab countries' rights were based on science.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:13 AM   #56
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
US releases video of possibly Iranian Revolutionary Guard Members removing a mine from a damaged Japanese Tanker.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-48633016

Now, just playing Devils advocate, but why wouldn't the Iranians say, in the course of trying to lend aid we saw this mine and disarmed it.

Like I said I could get aboard the idea of Saudi Arabia doing something like this. Neither government is what I would call rational at all.

I would be interested to see if they tracked the boat from the video and where it went.
It hadn't occurred to me that they didn't tell us where the boat came from and went when the film is clearly some form of military recon, taken from very very long distance I would assume, the fact they haven't told us the boat rocked off back to Bandar is telling in and of itself, I doubt a fly could take a dump in that area without the US being aware of it and yet they haven't said where the boat came from or went to.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 10:33 AM   #57
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
The BBC article states, "The footage released by the US on Thursday is rather more convincing..." Well, no, it's not.

The boat’s clear and distinct connection to Iran or the IRGC is not evident in the video itself. What also isn't clear from the video is:

(1) where the boat came from;
(2) who the occupants were;
(3) whether what was allegedly removed was in fact a limpet mine; or
(4) where the boat went after its occupants concluded their activity from the side of the Courageous

CENTCOM's timeline reports the alleged IRGC boat first arriving at the Courageous at 0800 hrs local time. However, the USN's video of the alleged IRGC boat removing the alleged mine is at 1600 hrs local. I'd think they would remove it right away.

I find it hard to believe there'd be a bunch of dudes (Iranian or otherwise) farting around on that small boat's deck as some other dude is handling/disarming a live mine.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:48 AM   #58
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

This thread is pretty embarrassing. There's pizzagate level conspiracy thinking going on in here. Just wait for the facts to come out and stop spinning fanciful narratives that just happen to align with what you want to believe.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 10:52 AM   #59
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

A badge I will proudly wear.

If you look back I did not refer to any posters - my comment was general.

But I will happily meet you in the back alley and at the time of your choice to settle this one and for all.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:56 AM   #60
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
This thread is pretty embarrassing. There's pizzagate level conspiracy thinking going on in here. Just wait for the facts to come out and stop spinning fanciful narratives that just happen to align with what you want to believe.
Yeah, like Trump, Pompeo and Bolton would do