Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-18-2019, 08:10 PM   #1801
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Ok, that was a good one, can you find any where they support bombing Iran, that would fit into your narrative quite well, and I will concede if so.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:49 PM   #1802
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Ok, that was a good one, can you find any where they support bombing Iran, that would fit into your narrative quite well, and I will concede if so.

Meanwhile, breaking news: Trump is still a dick.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8964551.html
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 09:56 PM   #1803
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
What? Who made Don Lemon cry? Point em out.
Trump since he got in office? Have you watched the Lemon show? It’s fairly ridiculous actually. It’s like the opposite ridiculousness that Pierce Morgan had when he was on. I recall Lemon whining virtually every night for about a year since Trump got in, hell he still does it. Like does his show cover literally anything else? I honestly don’t think so. And he always has his “gotcha” smarm that unfortunately never materializes. It’s all very... weak.

As I’ve said several times on this site there is one show worth watching Sunday mornings and that is Zakaria because he actually uses these things called facts (and he provides his sources) and tries to explain to Americans more of a reality than any other news programming I’ve ever seen in American news lately. The guy is a journalism in an ocean of bloggers and opinion pieces and flashy biased faux outrage. He also has by far the most intelligent guests on by a very wide margin.

And no I am not commenting on Fox here, that station isn’t even worth discussing. The National Enquirer just may be a better source. It’s like a cartoon show.

Last edited by Mr.Coffee; 06-18-2019 at 09:58 PM.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2019, 12:41 AM   #1804
Snuffleupagus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Trump since he got in office? Have you watched the Lemon show? Itís fairly ridiculous actually. Itís like the opposite ridiculousness that Pierce Morgan had when he was on. I recall Lemon whining virtually every night for about a year since Trump got in, hell he still does it. Like does his show cover literally anything else? I honestly donít think so. And he always has his ďgotchaĒ smarm that unfortunately never materializes. Itís all very... weak.

As Iíve said several times on this site there is one show worth watching Sunday mornings and that is Zakaria because he actually uses these things called facts (and he provides his sources) and tries to explain to Americans more of a reality than any other news programming Iíve ever seen in American news lately. The guy is a journalism in an ocean of bloggers and opinion pieces and flashy biased faux outrage. He also has by far the most intelligent guests on by a very wide margin.

And no I am not commenting on Fox here, that station isnít even worth discussing. The National Enquirer just may be a better source. Itís like a cartoon show.
Tapper and Cuomo are good anchors, Christi Paul and George Howell work well together as weekend anchors, Zakaria and Smerconish host good weekend shows that are completely different.

Don Lemon is a lemon and Brian Stelter is brutal
Snuffleupagus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:52 AM   #1805
curves2000
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Trump since he got in office? Have you watched the Lemon show? Itís fairly ridiculous actually. Itís like the opposite ridiculousness that Pierce Morgan had when he was on. I recall Lemon whining virtually every night for about a year since Trump got in, hell he still does it. Like does his show cover literally anything else? I honestly donít think so. And he always has his ďgotchaĒ smarm that unfortunately never materializes. Itís all very... weak.

As Iíve said several times on this site there is one show worth watching Sunday mornings and that is Zakaria because he actually uses these things called facts (and he provides his sources) and tries to explain to Americans more of a reality than any other news programming Iíve ever seen in American news lately. The guy is a journalism in an ocean of bloggers and opinion pieces and flashy biased faux outrage. He also has by far the most intelligent guests on by a very wide margin.

And no I am not commenting on Fox here, that station isnít even worth discussing. The National Enquirer just may be a better source. Itís like a cartoon show.

I agree with your points about Don Lemon and CNN in general. Zakaria seems to provide a real sense of quality and informative TV that really seems to be missing from the other CNN shows. Don Lemon's show literally has become where the Trump deranged syndrome viewers go to pig out on their sh** sandwich.

Ever since before Trump got elected and up until now, CNN has really gone down in terms of quality and I have reduced my viewing almost to exclusive programming. It's unwatchable with the never ending "CNN Breaking News" over the same old crap stories.

I recall a segment with Lemon where him and the guests were debating on and on and on about Trump's Diet Coke habits and his love of well done steak, this wasn't news and smelt like an awful petty way to belittle Trump. It just seemed strange to me the attacks about his weight and his Diet Coke love as if that isn't exactly like a huge portion of Americans.

Trump has a billion faults +1 but I do believe the mainstream media networks could benefit America by providing some more positive reporting on SOME of the positives going on.

American TV has become such low grade crap with everybody screaming at each other, even the sports shows have former players freaking out over opinions that don't mean anything. It's wild down there.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:19 AM   #1806
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Lemon fits into a sub genre of hosts. It started a few years ago when a couple of female on air personalities went wildly viral for "beatdown" style takedowns of politicians. You know the ones - they look into the camera all perplexed and baffled, making funny faces while someone else speaks and then offer a very emotional, aggressive response that gathers lots of likes and views on social media.

Now there's a bunch of newscasters who try to replicate this as often as they can hoping to make one of their segments go viral. Lemon totally has this vibe going, imo.

Last edited by jayswin; 06-19-2019 at 05:21 AM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:21 AM   #1807
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

A good example was that one with Cohen saying "says who" during the presidential race. Ironically after all the mockery it turns out "says who" was probably a legitimate question, lol.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:20 AM   #1808
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post

I recall a segment with Lemon where him and the guests were debating on and on and on about Trump's Diet Coke habits and his love of well done steak, this wasn't news and smelt like an awful petty way to belittle Trump. It just seemed strange to me the attacks about his weight and his Diet Coke love as if that isn't exactly like a huge portion of Americans.
Maybe it was when he had his doctor lie about his weight?

I mean, I know thatís not as hard hitting journalism as faux reporting on Obamas tan suit, or mustard he uses, but still, maybe the point was his lying.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:21 PM   #1809
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump promises to cure cancer and aids if he is re-elected. Bwa ha ha ha

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-c...ampaign-rally/
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:39 PM   #1810
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-c...ampaign-rally/
I mean, Biden already did so why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:40 PM   #1811
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
also,

someone should tell dumb don jr.

https://twitter.com/statuses/1141335680309714944
Old 06-19-2019, 01:43 PM   #1812
OMG!WTF!
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

"Latinos" para Trump!

Last edited by OMG!WTF!; 06-19-2019 at 02:03 PM.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2019, 01:51 PM   #1813
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Ah, I get it, you provided an answer to a question that I asked someone else, and I didn't notice, when I asked them(which turned out to be you) for more.

drive by answering.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:56 PM   #1814
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
they don't look too latino.

these people look more latino

Spoiler!

Last edited by DuffMan; 06-19-2019 at 02:04 PM.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DuffMan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2019, 01:57 PM   #1815
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Latinos para Trump!

Those are latinos? Right, and J-Roc is black.

Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2019, 01:58 PM   #1816
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

J-Roc IS black. They did an episode on it.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2019, 02:32 PM   #1817
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
also,

someone should tell dumb don jr.

https://twitter.com/statuses/1141335680309714944
I really dislike Trump, but Jr is like pharma bro, you just feel this need to punch him.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:15 PM   #1818
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

https://twitter.com/statuses/1141432472602927108

https://twitter.com/statuses/1141432478491717632
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:02 PM   #1819
Jeff Lebowski
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
US military consumes more hydrocarbons than most countries—massive hidden impact on climate
Quote:
The US military's carbon footprint is enormous and must be confronted in order to have a substantial effect on battling global warming.

Research by social scientists from Durham University and Lancaster University shows the US military is one of the largest climate polluters in history, consuming more liquid fuels and emitting more CO2e (carbon-dioxide equivalent) than most countries.

The majority of greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting routinely focuses on civilian energy use and fuel consumption, not on the US military. This new study, published in Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers, calculates part of the US military's impact on climate change through critical analysis of its global logistical supply chains.

The research provides an independent public assessment of the US military's greenhouse gas emissions. It reports that if the US military were a nation state, it would be the 47th largest emitter of GHG in the world, if only taking into account the emission from fuel usage.
Quote:
Despite the recent increase in attention, the US military's dependence on fossil fuels is unlikely to change. The US is continuing to pursue open-ended operations around the globe, with the life-cycles of existing military aircraft and warships locking them into hydrocarbons for years to come.
https://phys.org/news/2019-06-milita...ve-hidden.html
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote