Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2018, 07:19 AM   #21
Eric Vail
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey76 View Post
A little off the topic but still related to Lanny, who here remembers Lanny’s 66 goal season? It was just a little before my time (I was born in 76) and I remember my Dad being excited about what a great season he was having, but not much else. What happened that year that Lanny had such a great goal scoring year?
Guy Chouinard was the setup man and Lanny was on fire with that wrist shot. The Flames made the playoffs but were knocked out by Vancouver. Tiger Williams mugged Lanny that series. Back then, they let everything go in the playoffs. The Flames as a team were not very good.
Eric Vail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:57 AM   #22
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Vail View Post
Guy Chouinard was the setup man and Lanny was on fire with that wrist shot. The Flames made the playoffs but were knocked out by Vancouver. Tiger Williams mugged Lanny that series. Back then, they let everything go in the playoffs. The Flames as a team were not very good.
Didn’t the flames beat the Canucks and lose to the oilers?
Flames were a little thin still for sure good pp with Lanny Chouinard Nilsson Reinhart but depth fell off
Guys like macoun macinnis Vernon timmy hunter were just starting to get cups of coffee at that point
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 01:10 PM   #23
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob View Post
Didn’t the flames beat the Canucks and lose to the oilers?
Yes, Lanny's 66 goal season was 1982-83. The Flames beat the Nucks 3-1 in the first round and lost 4-1 to the Oilers in the second. The last season in the Corral.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:25 PM   #24
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Vail View Post
I remember them both going down in the corner and Williams literally punching Lanny's unprotected face with his gloves on. No penalty. I was soooooo pissed.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote