Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Why Is This Forum Still Here

See title.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I enjoyed CP radio, and it seemed many did. If I remember correctly, I think JiriHrdina mentioned finding time to get together and make episodes was tough with real life work and schedules.

It'd be cool if they still did it once and awhile. Fireside chat is also really good.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:04 PM   #3
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Yeah Bingo and I have been emailing back and forth a bit - I would like to figure out a way to do 1 or 2 shows a month - but with a toddler at home and a far more demanding career - the weeks just seem to go by on me.

Not ready to put a bullet in it yet though as I think even one show a month would probably be met with a lot of enthusiasm.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2014, 11:13 AM   #4
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

They had to shut down the radio show because they were worried about Bingo's sexual misadventures getting out.

Sad really
Old 10-27-2014, 11:19 AM   #5
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
They had to shut down the radio show because they were worried about Bingo's sexual misadventures getting out.

Sad really
I had once read a study that said one in seven women yell out Bingo! during climax. It makes a lot more sense now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2014, 07:46 PM   #6
Iceman90
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If JiriHrdina and Bingo still want to do a show from time to time, we'd be happy to have you guys on Fireside Chat. We'll handle all the production work so you guys can just talk hockey with us. We can record each person from a remote location over the Internet so you don't even have to leave home.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iceman90 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2014, 03:04 AM   #7
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Honest question, why is it such a big amount of work to put together a 1/2 or one hour show?

Is it just finding the time for 1 hour uninterrupted or is there alot of post production to do?
Old 10-29-2014, 03:29 AM   #8
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
Honest question, why is it such a big amount of work to put together a 1/2 or one hour show?

Is it just finding the time for 1 hour uninterrupted or is there alot of post production to do?
Dan has mentioned to me that it takes about 3-4 hours for a one hour show to merge the two files properly and clean things up a bit, basically removing when one of us accidentally talks over the other or other such errors and hiccups.

If we went live like a radio show, then there wouldn't be those issues, but it's a little bit more complicated overall.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
The Following User Says Thank You to Caged Great For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2014, 10:58 AM   #9
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post

Including travel time, work to post the show, etc all in - it is 2-3 hours at least. More importantly it is an evening I have to find away from my family where my wife doesn't have something on (so I have to be home with our daughter) or we don't have another commitment. Life stuff.

It isn't a big amount of work - but my life is such right now that I don't have a lot of spare hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2014, 09:43 AM   #10
Iceman90
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
Dan has mentioned to me that it takes about 3-4 hours for a one hour show to merge the two files properly and clean things up a bit, basically removing when one of us accidentally talks over the other or other such errors and hiccups.

If we went live like a radio show, then there wouldn't be those issues, but it's a little bit more complicated overall.
Aside from just the editing, on Fireside Chat we spend at least an hour or so analysing stats, curating news and checking on sources, and putting together show notes so we know what we want to talk about.

To sound prepared and ready to go, as well as have a polished episode at the end, I'd say each 45-70 minute show we do takes 5-7 hours of work "off-air" to put together.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:32 PM   #11
Niemo
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Raymond and Bollig need to go. Getting rid of Raymond will be tough.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:06 AM   #12
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is just my personal opinion, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with a shorter 20-30 minute podcast at irregular intervals. I know that doesn't make it instantly easier, but sometimes the expectations of making a long, slick podcast are a mental barrier.

As a podcast listener, I prefer shorter, concise, "commute-sized" episodes. Obviously, some people like to settle in for an hour for some more in-depth listening, but sometimes it is just too much of a commitment.

I can only speak for myself, but I like the insight you guys provide. But I'd rather have 20 minutes every month or two, than an hour never. I'd gladly take a reduction of length and/or production value because the thoughts are the key. But I've got a 4-year-old, so I completely understand the time predicament for a "labour of love" like a podcast.