Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-01-2020, 07:23 PM   #21
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I saw this earlier today while at work but secretly hoped it was an April Fool's joke.

Oh man. What a brutal way to get eliminated.
We were absolutely dominating this game, outshooting the Panthers 36-11 after 40. 23-2 in the opening period alone.

With our playoff lives in the line, our team decided to collectively theirs in the towel. Our power play went 0-6 and our D refused to block shots.

Vasilevskiy let in 5 goals on just 19 shots and was chased from the net in front of his home fans, who ferociously boo'd him off the ice.

To say that GM JonDuke is disgusted would be an understatement. I can't describe the level of frustration. We had one of the best teams on paper and thought this was the year. Much like Tampa losing to Columbus last year, we did not come close to our playoff expectations. NHLs Tampa and CPHLs Philly both had the same goalie. Coincidence? Probably.

Big changes will have to be made in the off season.

Credit where it's due though. Huge props to SuperMatt and the Panthers organization for knocking us out. Linus Fracking Ullmark?? What the actual ef? I'm going to cry myself to sleep. Good luck to everyone left in the chase.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 09:19 AM   #22
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still don't understand how my team beat that Flyers team 4-1 in a series

The Sim is stupid sometimes
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:58 PM   #23
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

^The sim is more random than I think any of us would prefer. We took steps to reduce the randomization, by taking away things like coaches, but it is just the nature of a sim league. Over the course of 82 games I think generally good teams do better than bad teams, but in a 7 game series, the randomness really shows itself.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote