Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-10-2019, 01:57 PM   #6681
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
But don't you think Dube's 7 points in 10 games would mean that he deserve something better than a 4th line role?

Maybe he should be on the first line, while Czarnik plays on the 4th. At least while he looks promising.
Wrote that before last night's game. And just threw wingers on there without much thought - that post was about the Cs.

As for Dube deserving a more significant role - I am a huge fan and definitely think so, but I don't think there is any hurry. Lots of time to try him with different linemates and see where he fits.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:59 PM   #6682
Kovaz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Is it really demoting Dube to the 4th line if he's still playing with the same linemates?

Gaudreau - Monahan - ???
Tkachuk - Lindholm - Mangiapane
Lucic - Ryan - Dube
Bennett - Backlund - Frolik/Czarnik

Is that really any different?
Kovaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:42 AM   #6683
the lemming
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
And you wouldn’t do Bennett for a low end rental like that so the deal makes no sense for either side
Yep.

I'm not sure I'd say AG is low end rental; he has shown a lot more than Bennett in my opinion, but I'm not sure Frolik gets it done as was suggested elsewhere. I'd love to get AG but I'm just not sure how to get it done.

Last edited by the lemming; 12-11-2019 at 09:50 AM.
the lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 05:08 PM   #6684
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Sources say @BuffaloSabres veteran right shot defenceman, Zach Bogosian has requested a trade. More coming up on Insider Trading. #Sportscentre @TSNHockey
Old 12-12-2019, 05:23 PM   #6685
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alright, I'll bite.

Frolik for Bogosian?

Both UFAs, similar cap hits, Flames have a glut of forwards, Sabres have a glut of D.

Bogosian is not a great Dman, but he's big, can skate well and would help make the Flames tougher to play against in the post season if they make it and he can stay healthy.

I would then deal Hamonic for picks.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 05:25 PM   #6686
bigrangy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Bogosian is worse than Stone

I can’t see Buffalo getting any takers for him
Old 12-12-2019, 05:39 PM   #6687
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

I could see Bogosian heading to Ottawa along with a guy like Tage Thompson in exchange for a mid-round pick.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:44 PM   #6688
Harry Lime
First Line Centre

Exp:

Bogosian is likely a pure rental. He wants an upgrade on his 5.1M contract going into his 30th birthday, but that's a tough sell.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:46 PM   #6689
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Bogosian isn't going to get much of a contract next season. He's more Dion Phaneuf than Anton Stralman. I'd be surprised if he gets anything more than his current contract with the first two digits reversed, $1.5 million per year for maybe a year or two.

He's not worth much at all. But he also doesn't have any trade or move protection, which means that the Sabres can deal him to whomever they please. I think packaging him with Thompson could work well for them, especially to a team like Ottawa who can afford to take on one year of high salary in exchange for a decent younger player.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:04 AM   #6690
rhino
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Alright, I'll bite.

Frolik for Bogosian?

Both UFAs, similar cap hits, Flames have a glut of forwards, Sabres have a glut of D.

Bogosian is not a great Dman, but he's big, can skate well and would help make the Flames tougher to play against in the post season if they make it and he can stay healthy.

I would then deal Hamonic for picks.
So your idea as an armchair GM is to make your team worse?? Is this Chirelli?
rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:10 AM   #6691
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Wrote that before last night's game. And just threw wingers on there without much thought - that post was about the Cs.

As for Dube deserving a more significant role - I am a huge fan and definitely think so, but I don't think there is any hurry. Lots of time to try him with different linemates and see where he fits.
I agree. At this point Ward has the players accepting assignments without fuss. Itís not about rewarding players or who deserves minutes. Itís about where they can best contribute to team success. Look at Monahanís minutes over the last few games. Reduced, but way more effective.

I will say that I think Backlund has been rejuvenated at wing and Monahan has chemistry with him. Dube and Monahan seem to have something as well, but it could be that Dube is good with a lot of people. I donít mind seeing what Dube has at C.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:14 AM   #6692
Aarongavey
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
I could see Bogosian heading to Ottawa along with a guy like Tage Thompson in exchange for a mid-round pick.
Is there any reason why Buffalo would want to do such an obvious salary dump? A former first round pick who is 6í5 and is a 0.75 PPG in the AHL plus Bogosian for a mid round pick? Better off just sending Bogosian to the minors.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:18 AM   #6693
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's amazing what a 7-0 run can do. Flames have a good problem right now with too many bodies. I figure someones out with Bennetts return inevitable. And I really want to see how he dares under Ward, I figure he is primed for a pretty strong come back. Then you have Czarnik who was red hot before going down to injury.

I dont see Dube losing a spot. And Reider has been strong as of late as well. Same with Rinaldo. So, how do they manage this?

I guess Rinaldo and Reider are sent back and eating popcorn.

It's crazy, two weeks ago its was a black hole of trade everyone and everyone sucks. Now, how do you even put a full timer like Bennett back in with the way these guys are jamming.

Still think there's opportunity to move Frolik and a D man. But you have to ride this magic carpet ride out.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote