Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
rara unions and NDP. Please mean conservatives don't take my entitlements away
Fyp

Uh... Lance Uppercut.
LanceUppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:16 PM   #3182
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
You've demonstrated a startling lack of understanding that I've already explained. But if you want me to hold your hand and walk you through it again, sure.

- You insist the NDP scuttled the AB economy. This is demonstrably false with simple google searched data. If you want to change this to they made the recession worse than it would have been without them, you have to provide that data.
I stated quite clearly they contributed to the economic woes this province has experienced since day 1 of their reign. Its been hashed and re-hashed in this very thread multiple times, you want the data go look it up yourself.

Quote:
- You said that the NDP cant get credit for a high growth because were due. No where to go but up. This is a rather striking lack of understanding of how economics works. If you run a provincial economy into the ground for a while, you don't just get an automatic boost to .. what, even it out? is that really how you think economies work and grow??
Just so you understand...they couldnt be blamed for the complete slide in the economy here simply because of the oil prices...now that those same prices are rising, they dont get credit for an improving economy either. Is that far to simple for you?

Quote:
- You threw in the trumpish "anyone but ndp" line as if the Notley NDP are ####ing nazis or something. the only good thing about your posts is I can clearly stop wasting my time reading your opinions from now on because you've exposed yourself as a mouth breathing sycophant for the conservative movement
You almost made it all the way through without personal insults, but if you want me to admit Im a conservative....OK man, you got what you wanted.

And do feel free as you stated to just stop reading what i have to say and my opinions and commenting, it would do everyone a favour actually.
transplant99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:19 PM   #3183
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Posts without the insults would do everyone a favour actually.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:22 PM   #3184
iggy_oi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Posts without the insults would do everyone a favour actually.
That's the dumbest thing I've ever read, you dumb dummy dumb dumb.
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2017, 08:23 PM   #3185
Roughneck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
I stated quite clearly they contributed to the economic woes this province has experienced since day 1 of their reign. Its been hashed and re-hashed in this very thread multiple times, you want the data go look it up yourself.
It'll be a good day when people realize that the economic woes can end even if we don't return to the balls-to-the-wall free-for-all that is a $100+bbl economy.

Trevor Tombe‏ @trevortombe Aug 2

If policy changes matter much more than oil prices, why are changes in AB and SK drilling activity so similar? #ableg
https://twitter.com/trevortombe/stat...27320410451968
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roughneck For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2017, 08:26 PM   #3186
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

It's really not the insults, it's the talking down - from both sides - with no etiquette or respect, and the personal attacks on debating style that make it insufferable to debate. I'm guilty for it in the past and many others are too.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:00 PM   #3187
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Fildebrant issues an apology

Quote:
"I believed that renting out my Edmonton home while I was away was above board and never costed the taxpayer anything extra," Fildebrandt said in a statement provided by the United Conservative Party.

"I however recognize the perception that this is not good enough, and have spoken with my constituents, and they are never wrong. I apologize."
Quote:
"I am scheduled to leave for a family vacation out of province tomorrow and will be taking a leave of absence from my finance duties effective today," Fildebrandt said.

"The UCP believes in fiscal accountability and protecting taxpayers."
Quote:
"Derek has apologized for renting his Edmonton home out and has given the proceeds to the taxpayer," Cooper said.

"Effective today he is taking a leave of absence from his co-critic finance role."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...ence-1.4243047
Old 08-10-2017, 09:12 PM   #3188
Violator
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Albertas economy was in or sliding into a recession when Notley took over. Now half way thru her first term Alberta will lead the country in growth. According to your bat #### crazy view, that should be impossible with the evil NDP in charge. Simple.
Alberta did not enter the recession because of notley and i wont leave a recession because of notley
Old 08-10-2017, 11:09 PM   #3189
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
I wonder if this will be enough.

I suspect the leadership candidates will be dogged by questions of:

Will fildebrandt be part of your critic team?
What role will he play in the leg if you're leader
Should he resign?
Etc

In terms of where this ranks, in order from most damaging to least damaging for the politician, how do you rank:

Sky Palace
No Meet Committee
Double Dippin Derek
Math is Hard
Lake of Fire

For me;

Sky Palace - brought down a premier
Lake of fire - stopped the wr ascension and lead in the polls
Double dippin Derek - reinforces the sentiment that it's the "same old tories" , one set of rules for insiders, a second set for everyone else
Math is Hard - personal dig made Motley look much more poised and premier like,
No Meet Committee - saved by the Lake of Fire, but was looking like it would cost the pc's the election
Old 08-11-2017, 10:37 AM   #3190
Resolute 14
One of many who is too boring; thinks that there should be rules regarding grammar in custom user titles, and also makes moderators wonder if there is a charachter limit here. I mean come on- you would think that would be a limitation in the software

Exp:

This could go in all three of our politics threads...

http://www.660news.com/2017/08/11/in...ctor-policies/

Quote:
The C.I.O. of Auspice Capital is blasting the B.C. government for joining various legal proceedings against the expansion of the Trans Mountain Pipeline.

Tim Pickering tells 660 NEWS the growing regulatory burden facing the energy sector is why investors are not even looking at Canada.

“Just given the policy federally, provincially in Alberta, and historically in B.C., people are staying away from Canada in terms of resource capital investment,” Pickering said.

Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:46 PM   #3191
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

Alberta MLA Fildebrandt accused of double-dipping meal expenses
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...nses-1.4246981
united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:55 PM   #3192
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Old 08-14-2017, 04:10 PM   #3193
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
This could go in all three of our politics threads...

http://www.660news.com/2017/08/11/in...ctor-policies/
Column from the Herald about what the possible Alberta and Federal Government options are

http://calgaryherald.com/business/en...-observers-say

Quote:
To pull this off, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta would have to withdraw from the New West Partnership and form a new pact excluding B.C., according to economist Trevor Tombe, who called the proposal clever but perilous.

Quote:
Another proposal he’s heard bandied about involves Alberta imposing an excise tax on refined petroleum products, given that a chunk of fuels currently flowing through Trans Mountain are used in B.C.’s lower mainland.
“That would be paid for by B.C. drivers but, the catch is, it can’t be just on exports; it has to apply in Alberta as well,” Morton said, noting the Alberta government could cut corporate or personal income taxes to make the policy revenue-neutral.
Quote:
The federal government could also invoke its rarely used declaratory power, which would allow it to override provincial jurisdiction and take control of the pipeline file, Morton said.
Other levers that have been discussed, Alberta refuses to buy any of BC's surplus power, which I believe Notley has already discussed.

The other option is to wait and see how long the BC government can last.

I doubt that this pipeline project gets started over the next few years.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:12 PM   #3194
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still stand by my prediction it will never be completed.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:19 PM   #3195
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I still stand by my prediction it will never be completed.
At some point it will get built, the Federal Government will have to step in and remind BC that they can't prevent transit of Canadian Goods and that its not the BC coastline, the Coastline belongs to all of Canada. They'll also remind BC that the Federal Government approved this pipeline.

But by the time it gets built a wedge will be driven between Alberta and BC that won't be easily repaired.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:29 PM   #3196
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Why would the federal government have to use special powers to get jurisdiction over pipelines, when it already has jurisdiction over pipelines?
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:33 PM   #3197
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
Why would the federal government have to use special powers to get jurisdiction over pipelines, when it already has jurisdiction over pipelines?
Because the BC government doesn't believe that the Feds have jurisdiction, that's why they going to throw every kind of challenge and injunction request at the wall to see if one sticks.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:50 PM   #3198
OldDutch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by united View Post
Alberta MLA Fildebrandt accused of double-dipping meal expenses
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...nses-1.4246981
Just flabbergasted that a guy who made a career calling out taxpayer waste is undone over a few thousand bucks in apartment rentals and meals at a brooks restaurant.

Flush your career for pennies. What a dope.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:15 PM   #3199
iggy_oi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
Just flabbergasted that a guy who made a career calling out taxpayer waste is undone over a few thousand bucks in apartment rentals and meals at a brooks restaurant.

Flush your career for pennies. What a dope.
I really don't think he's going anywhere. As long as he's willing to blindly push heavily business favouring legislation, I'm sure he'll find a way to stick around.
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:29 PM   #3200
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
I really don't think he's going anywhere. As long as he's willing to blindly push heavily business favouring legislation, I'm sure he'll find a way to stick around.
Hopefully not as the finance critic for the UCP. His credibility is now shot.