Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Buy And Sell
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2017, 12:33 AM   #1
L!nks
Draft Pick

Flames Postcard signed by 95/96 CF Team

Hello everyone,

Back when I was 7 years old (I'm 28 now) I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I ended up having it removed. At the time, my uncle Nick used to work for the Flames franchise. He ended up getting the team to all sign a post card, so he could mail it to me while they were in the playoffs. Unfortunately the Blackhawks ended up beating them out and they didn't end up with the cup.

But, I did end up getting the post card. I've had it framed and put away for over 20 years.

I do not follow hockey too much anymore so I am getting rid of some of my things laying around the house.

I need a little bit of insight though... Since this was a postcard sent though the mail from my uncle, there is no COA for this item and it is not a registered piece of Memorabilia. I have had an "Online Opinion" done from a company that does COA's and registers pieces of memorabilia, but I would like to hear from a few different sources on what they think the worth of this item is. And also, if I end up getting a good enough offer here on the forums, I would probably be more than happy to work something out and sell it to one of you lovely people.

Anyway, here's some pictures

L!nks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to L!nks For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2017, 07:18 PM   #2
L!nks
Draft Pick

I guess to help set more of a range, I will go no lower than $200.
That will include any shipping fees within Canada but will be an additional $15 anywhere outside of Canada
Old 09-02-2017, 10:37 PM   #3
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Since you asked for opinions I think you're seriously over valuing its worth. Honestly IMO that isn't worth more than $30. Nothing special happened in 95-96 (I believe that was the year they were swept by the Hawks).

Something signed by an entire team doesn't automatically make the post card worth hundreds. Maybe if they had won the cup it would be worth $200 and even then I think you might struggle to get that.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:51 PM   #4
L!nks
Draft Pick

My KSA grading package had it priced at $150. If I can get 200 for it, Beauty. I guess I'll go no lower than $150 final. + applicable shipping fees.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:55 PM   #5
L!nks
Draft Pick

Something special did happen though. They picked up Jarome Iginla (He signed as #24) His first games in the NHL.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:54 PM   #6
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L!nks View Post
Hello everyone,

Back when I was 7 years old (I'm 28 now) I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I ended up having it removed. At the time, my uncle Nick used to work for the Flames franchise. He ended up getting the team to all sign a post card, so he could mail it to me while they were in the playoffs. Unfortunately the Blackhawks ended up beating them out and they didn't end up with the cup.

But, I did end up getting the post card. I've had it framed and put away for over 20 years.

I do not follow hockey too much anymore so I am getting rid of some of my things laying around the house.

I need a little bit of insight though... Since this was a postcard sent though the mail from my uncle, there is no COA for this item and it is not a registered piece of Memorabilia. I have had an "Online Opinion" done from a company that does COA's and registers pieces of memorabilia, but I would like to hear from a few different sources on what they think the worth of this item is. And also, if I end up getting a good enough offer here on the forums, I would probably be more than happy to work something out and sell it to one of you lovely people.
[/IMG]
I'm having a hard time believing they removed your brain. ba-dum-bump!
That's actually a pretty cool post card. I'd think the fact that it's already framed helps. It also has, like you said, Iggy 24, Theo Fleury and Lanny McDonald. do you know who else is on it? might help if you could list everyone.
So was it actually mailed from Chicago? does it have the postage stamp and markings on the other side? I'd have to believe that would add to the value? I'm no memorability guy though.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:13 PM   #7
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L!nks View Post
Something special did happen though. They picked up Jarome Iginla (He signed as #24) His first games in the NHL.