Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best guess for Tkachuk's contract result
8 @ 7M 10 1.61%
8 @ 8M 41 6.59%
8 @ 9M 21 3.38%
8 @ 10M 8 1.29%
7 @ 7M 21 3.38%
7 @ 8M 61 9.81%
7 @ 9M 19 3.05%
7 @ 10M 3 0.48%
6 @ 6M 4 0.64%
6 @ 7M 48 7.72%
6 @ 8M 126 20.26%
6 @ 9M 27 4.34%
5 @ 6M 3 0.48%
5 @ 7M 56 9.00%
5 @ 8M 66 10.61%
5 @ 9M 10 1.61%
4 @ 5M 1 0.16%
4 @ 6M 4 0.64%
4 @ 7M 19 3.05%
3 @ 4M 2 0.32%
3 @ 5M 4 0.64%
3 @ 6M 46 7.40%
2 @ 4M 3 0.48%
2 @ 5M 15 2.41%
1 @ 4M 1 0.16%
1 @ 5M 3 0.48%
Voters: 622. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 09:47 PM   #1421
JurassicTunga12
Franchise Player

Exp:

wrong thread
Old 09-16-2019, 11:28 PM   #1422
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho0978 View Post
So many like to talk the risk in 3 years but not factor in the risk now. Based on current deals to get him for 6 years it's close to or over 9. Sure you can dump frolik and get under cap but what happens next year? Rasmus has a good year or jankowski are we forced to lose hamonic and Brodie and looking to dump backlund? Look at the leafs. They have 12 players at less than 800k. Is there risk having 12 no name players around league minimum and still being over the cap? What if lilegren is good enough but cant play because hes over league minimum? There is risk over paying guys same as there is signing shorter term deals
This exactly. Don’t do a Chicago and be stuck with expensive contracts for years after your championship window has passed. Sign him short term for less overall money and take the gamble you win during the next 3 years.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:36 AM   #1423
Dajazz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The past usually predicts the future pretty well. Treliving has been very strong in the RFA negotiations so I think I will be pleasantly surprised by Tkachuk's new contract.

That's why I don't think it will be considered "market value", but a team friendly contract.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:10 AM   #1424
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
This exactly. Don’t do a Chicago and be stuck with expensive contracts for years after your championship window has passed. Sign him short term for less overall money and take the gamble you win during the next 3 years.

I’d be more than happy with following the Chicago model of winning 3 cups LOL.

Actually, being stuck with expensive contracts after your contention window has passed makes little difference when you are not a contending team. Those expensive contracts hurt more when you are contending.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2019, 03:12 AM   #1425
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate the idea of a 3 year bridge where he can take his q offer and then walk, bridge him for 2 years @ $13.5m

year 1 = $5.25m
year 2 = $8.25m

Gives the flames 2 years to negotiate a long term deal
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2019, 08:21 AM   #1426
tkflames
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
I hate the idea of a 3 year bridge where he can take his q offer and then walk, bridge him for 2 years @ $13.5m

year 1 = $5.25m
year 2 = $8.25m

I was literally coming in here to write this. The only difference was 5M and 8M.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:35 AM   #1427
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not too shocked that Tkachuk may end up one of the last RFA's signed, as you have to believe you have two parties who are going to hold very firm.

It's interesting that the difference of opinion on here for even a two year deal is pretty wide. Ranging from the $5 million range to the $7 million range.

So who knows how far apart they are.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:49 AM   #1428
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post

year 1 = $5.25m
year 2 = $8.25m

I've been expecting 2 years around 6.5 AAV all summer. I think the two best lengths are 2 years and 6 years, but I'm expecting 2 years to fit this year's cap situation.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:50 AM   #1429
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:
Default The Matthew Tkachuk contract negotiations

^
I wonder also about whether or not the current team projections have anything to do with the stalemate. All three of TB, Colorado and Calgary look like they could be really good teams. Is this a pressure point that both sides are pushing in negotiations? How much does each team depend on the player to meet expectations v. How much the player needs to be on the ice to be a part of meeting them. It’s also likely more difficult since none of the remaining high-profile RFAs is his team’s best player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project

Last edited by Textcritic; 09-17-2019 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:03 AM   #1430
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Three years is a risk because, after that, he could just accept the QO on a 1-year deal, and then he's a UFA

Especially if year 3 of the 3-year deal has a huge bump
Has there been a case of that happening? If so, with a higher profile player?
Old 09-17-2019, 10:04 AM   #1431
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
^
I wonder also about whether or not the current team projections have anything to do with the stalemate. All three of TB, Colorado and Calgary look like they could be really good teams. Is this a pressure point that both sides are pushing in negotiations? How much does each team depend on the player to meet expectations v. How much the player needs to be on the ice to be a part of meeting them. It’s also likely more difficult since none of the remaining high-profile RFAs is his team’s best player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Further to that you can argue on all the teams the better players are signed to cheaper deals in a previous market. Lots going on for those 3 RFA's.
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2019, 10:06 AM   #1432
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
Has there been a case of that happening? If so, with a higher profile player?
I think this summer is the first time we've seen this style of RFA contract with the big bump in the last year.

Feaster did something similar though. He had a big bump in the last year on the RFA offer sheet he gave ROR back in the day. It didn't accomplish what Feaster wanted, but it seem to further sour the relationship between ROR and Colorado.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2019, 11:29 AM   #1433
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
You know, it'd be nice if people didn't quote RDW for those of us (a lot I assume) who have The grit factor on ignore.
Is there a single poster here that values his/her contributions?

If this community decides as a whole that Ricardo adds nothing but negatives to our disussions then perhaps exiling him/her is the best option for everyone?

I don’t think a few of us having him on ignore deals with his (un?)intentional trolling effectively.

Last edited by Flames Draft Watcher; 09-17-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:30 AM   #1434
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post
facts

1) there is no offer sheet and there wont be one. If there was one Tkachuk would sign and the Flames would match

2) Tkachuk is not going to sit out a season eating potato chips with his Dad

The only teams that have folded are Philly Ivan Provorov 6.75 x 6 and Toronto with Marner and Nylander.

If Tkachuk holds out into the regular season due to personal greed and lack of confidence in his ability to be a ppg player going forward then his leadership and tangibles takes a hit that he wont be able to get back.
You probably should do a bit more research on the word “fact”. Your post went astray from the very first word.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:34 AM   #1435
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevo View Post
Ffs...stop responding to the guy. Most of us don’t want to read his trolling and you guys just encourage him. This is not fun to follow and what brings cp down, imho.
Report his posts and then maybe none of us will have to read his posts or any responses to them. He definitely drags down the quality of discussion on here
Old 09-17-2019, 11:40 AM   #1436
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blender View Post
I find it pretty funny how many people get twisted up about Ricardo here. I see why it is easy to disagree with him as he often has a warped take that he never explains, yet I don't think is trolling per se as much as simply doing what he does. He's actually quite consistent in his approach and if you bother to read his posts he makes same salient points from time to time.

Personally, I find the calls to not quote him or ban him to be disturbing. Do we want this place to be an echo chamber where any voice that doesn't align with the zeitgeist is eliminated? I don't.
By all means ignore him if it improves your experience here, but beyond that let him continue to contribute. While I rarely agree with his points I find they often make me think.
Just my. 02. Carry on.
If the guy had a dissenting opinion that was well thought out and articulated and who could argue with us that would be great.

Unfortunately if you’ve ever tried to argue with Ricardo you will quickly find that he never engages in true debate with anyone. He ignores the most important points you make, goes off on a tangent and moves goalposts. And that is why he’s one of the most disruptive members of this community. It’s not his opinions that are the problem. It’s the way he presents them and then NEVER adddresses strong arguments against them.

It isn’t just the content of what he’s saying, it’s the way he refuses to actually debate anything he says. I’ve seem this guy arguing for what? 10+ years? You are right in that I don’t think he’s intentionally trolling. But his lack of proper engagement in these debates means he does end up trolling us.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2019, 11:51 AM   #1437
Falclore
Farm Team Player

Exp:

So.... back to the discussion of this thread. Anyone think this goes past Thursday?

That would be enough time to get back to camp, complete the physicals and get in 2 or 3 preseason games before the start of the season. Get it done!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Falclore For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2019, 11:59 AM   #1438
MolsonInBothHands
First Line Centre

Exp:

FDW wants a public lynching (ban) of RDW because Ignore feature doesn't work for intended purposes, since people just keep quoting him, then quotes him in the very next post. Lol.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:08 PM   #1439
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonInBothHands View Post
FDW wants a public lynching (ban) of RDW because Ignore feature doesn't work for intended purposes, since people just keep quoting him, then quotes him in the very next post. Lol.
This thread was going great til RDW started spouting nonsense. Just so so tired of his nonsense derailing threads. It got old a few years back. It literally is a waste of my life having to read people responding to him and him not engaging properly with the replies.

Unfortunately despite many of us having him on ignore the derailments continue on a regular basis. Heck he’s baited Bingo and TC into numerous replies recently that RDW of course never really engages with.

There’s plenty of posters that I regularly disagree with whose ability to debate can be respected. RDW does not debate. He spouts nonsense and when confronted by logic that counters his nonsense he ignores it, goes off on a tangent or moves the goalposts. I call it unintentional trolling because I don’t think he’s actively trying to troll. But his lack of ability to debate, converse and engage makes his content trolling imo.

But whatever. I guess it sounds like MisterJoji and Blender enjoy him so I guess there’s some merit to him continuing on and frustrating and annoying the rest of us.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:26 PM   #1440
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I just use the ignore feature in my brain and choose not to engage with posts I don’t want to read or respond to.

Works every time.
Closed Thread