Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-22-2019, 03:12 PM   #1001
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
A reputable reporter and a place to actually find it (CBC Power & Politics) weren’t substantial hints for where to look? Still couldn’t find anything?

Again, instead of the BS claim that this was all just part of your effort against “fake news” maybe let’s be honest about the type of effort you were willing to put forth compared to the effort put in by those you don’t want to believe.

Nothing wrong with asking for sources. But when you’re given two and still ask for a link, you’re being lazy.
It’s obvious you don’t actually care about the discourse in this country, but man I looked and couldn’t find SFA and asked for a link. But hey reference more posts after mine for reasons.

But hey, if you want this to become the “American politics thread” we can go there.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 03:13 PM   #1002
iggy_oi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
It should be noted that many MLA's had/have ear phones in the ears listening to music or whatever on their phones while this whole debate was going on. It also happens during question period on a regular basis.

The above isn't to excuse what Kenney did but to show that similar levels of disrespect go on in the legislature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
It happens all the time. Kenny promised Alberta that he would change this, and then pulled this ####, I want an apology.
Iím not very concerned about Jason Kenney handing out earplugs, even though itís obviously a ridiculous and disrespectful thing to do regardless of who does it.

But for him to come out a day after his office admitted to the act and lie to Albertans by claiming what was reported and admitted to didnít actually happen should be pretty concerning for all Albertans regardless of who they voted for.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 03:17 PM   #1003
BowRiverBruinsRule
Draft Pick

He's a slimy career politician. That's what they do. Sad. Lying means nothing anymore. My papa who has passed on would be cringing. in the "old" days lying was not good.
BowRiverBruinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 03:35 PM   #1004
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Itís obvious you donít actually care about the discourse in this country, but man I looked and couldnít find SFA and asked for a link. But hey reference more posts after mine for reasons.

But hey, if you want this to become the ďAmerican politics threadĒ we can go there.
Says the guy who couldíve just gone with ďI couldnít find anything and didnít want to keep tryingĒ instead of ďFake news is dangerous!!!Ē If youíd gone with the former initially, thereíd be no issue.

Again, no problem asking for a link. My initial post was lighthearted, as I found it genuinely funny you just kept asking. Just donít try to make up some BS about fake news and how itís a posterís duty to post links of something someone actually said. A reputable reporter made the claim, someone noted it was on CBC Power & Politics. Should be enough, simple as that. We donít need to be spoon fed absolutely everything. No reason to turn it into a fake news rant, considering the whole situation has absolutely nothing to do with that.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 03:40 PM   #1005
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

In Weitz's defense, Google has gone to the crapper these days.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 05:31 PM   #1006
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Says the guy who could’ve just gone with “I couldn’t find anything and didn’t want to keep trying” instead of “Fake news is dangerous!!!” If you’d gone with the former initially, there’d be no issue.

Again, no problem asking for a link. My initial post was lighthearted, as I found it genuinely funny you just kept asking. Just don’t try to make up some BS about fake news and how it’s a poster’s duty to post links of something someone actually said. A reputable reporter made the claim, someone noted it was on CBC Power & Politics. Should be enough, simple as that. We don’t need to be spoon fed absolutely everything. No reason to turn it into a fake news rant, considering the whole situation has absolutely nothing to do with that.
Lol

Double down man. It’s working well.

I’m still waiting for you to explain how the only actual link ... after my 2 posts .. that I clicked. Is me playing the fake news is dangerous garbage.

You post something that isn’t easily searchable (it wasn’t which is why I asked) post a link. Hell its politics. Post a link every time or else all you get is the same circle jerk on the side you’re posting on.

Let’s be fully honest here though. Filerbusting is a terrible American thing that it’s sad it’s made it into albertan politics.

Last edited by Weitz; 06-22-2019 at 05:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 06:47 PM   #1007
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Lol

Double down man. Itís working well.

Iím still waiting for you to explain how the only actual link ... after my 2 posts .. that I clicked. Is me playing the fake news is dangerous garbage.

You post something that isnít easily searchable (it wasnít which is why I asked) post a link. Hell its politics. Post a link every time or else all you get is the same circle jerk on the side youíre posting on.

Letís be fully honest here though. Filerbusting is a terrible American thing that itís sad itís made it into albertan politics.
There was a tweet from the reporterís account initially and then the next person that brought it up pointed you to a CBC segment. Itís not like this was some random event that nobody reputable witnessed. Again, you bitching about how ďthis is how fake news happensĒ after a quote from a reporter and the actual CBC segment with the words coming out of Kenneyís mouth is mentioned is silly, but sensical in your mind because you didnít have a clickable link.

Filibusting sucks. So does the ruling party handing out earplugs and then making up some dumb lie about it AFTER theyíve already given a different (dumb) reason. Kenney promised decorum, but it sure didnít take long for his party to stoop right down did it?

We just voted out the NDP. We donít need another party who act like immature idiots, especially when they sold us the opposite.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:32 PM   #1008
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol the original Kenny comment tweet? Have you even read anything?

Literally the tweet posted was “oh now Kenny is claiming this” but with the original statement.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:54 PM   #1009
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think to be fair to the OP, if he said it was on CBC Power and Politics, it was on TV. It's tough to source TV, and if you don't have time to hunt for it yourself, I think it is fair enough to say it was on CBC P&P and that should be good enough. If you actually want to hear it yourself, you know where to look. Ya, it may not be easy, or up right away as they may be delayed, but it doesn't mean the OP didn't source it. It's nice to be spoon fed tweets with links, but I hardly think it is necessary if it is coming from a source like the CBC where it all ends up online.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:54 PM   #1010
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Lol the original Kenny comment tweet? Have you even read anything?

Literally the tweet posted was ďoh now Kenny is claiming thisĒ but with the original statement.
From a reputable reporter, whose job it is to report on Alberta politics, watching him say it, with the original (different) statement to show the story had changed.

I feel like this is simple. Whatís the issue? You donít trust reporters reporting spoken words, or...?
Old 06-22-2019, 10:08 PM   #1011
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
From a reputable reporter, whose job it is to report on Alberta politics, watching him say it, with the original (different) statement to show the story had changed.

I feel like this is simple. What’s the issue? You don’t trust reporters reporting spoken words, or...?
I’ve seen enough CBC reporting to not take their reporters straight at their word. I’m certainly not going to repost it elsewhere without any sort of confirmation at all to get others all upset.

I feel like this is simple. If you’re going to post things with pretty big claims maybe post a source.

I feel like this wouldn’t be an issue if we weren’t talking about Kenny.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:14 PM   #1012
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Iíve seen enough CBC reporting to not take their reporters straight at their word.
The reporter in question works for Postmedia (Calgary Herald, Edmonton Journal, etc.), not CBC.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:21 PM   #1013
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2019, 09:48 AM   #1014
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1144631208976035841
Old 06-28-2019, 11:15 AM   #1015
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

660 NEWS Calgary
@660NEWS

13m

JUST IN: Stephen Mandel to resign as leader of the
@AlbertaParty

Mandel will pursue a role as Chancellor at Concordia University.
transplant99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:21 AM   #1016
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

No surprise there, he kind of really torpedoed the Alberta Party from his 60's fashion sense to forgetting to file papers to the nonsensical campaign they ran.

A party that was looking at building momentum with a hated NDP party and a UCP party with some questions around ethics during the election, and the Alberta Party bombed and took a major step back and is probably in danger of dying.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:54 AM   #1017
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
No surprise there, he kind of really torpedoed the Alberta Party from his 60's fashion sense to forgetting to file papers to the nonsensical campaign they ran.

A party that was looking at building momentum with a hated NDP party and a UCP party with some questions around ethics during the election, and the Alberta Party bombed and took a major step back and is probably in danger of dying.
They lost the one seat they had but got far more votes than theyíve ever had, even when accounting for the fact that they ran for seats than ever, the voter turnout increased well over and above that.

I donít think they took a major step back at all. They just didnít strike while the iron was hot, but they have plenty of opportunity in four years to split the difference between the NDP and UCP.

Iíd say with a proper leader theyíre on a good path.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:13 PM   #1018
Roughneck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1144682712160075776
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roughneck For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2019, 07:55 AM   #1019
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's simple. Kenney is a lying liar.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...lips-1.5197512
Old 07-04-2019, 08:55 AM   #1020
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Duh. Election rhetoric. I wish we could see this objectively.